Profile for Mrs. J. Newcombe > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. Newcombe

Mrs. J. Newcombe (East Lothian)

Bigjigs Toys BJ603 Tin Winding Music Box
Bigjigs Toys BJ603 Tin Winding Music Box
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little toy, 7 Nov 2013
I bought this for my 18 month old granddaughter. It appeals to me as it's a really old-fashioned type toy. It may still be a little 'old' for a child of this age but I'm sure it will eventually improve and develop her dexterity. I'm not sure how durable it will be but it's a really nice little gift for a small price.

The Hand That First Held Mine
The Hand That First Held Mine
by Maggie O'Farrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 23 Dec 2012
I can't get enough of Maggie O'Farrell. This book is riveting from the start. What an amazing story teller she is.

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
by E L James

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than bad, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
Thank god I didn't waste my hard-earned cash buying this rubbish. The book was given to me by a friend. The hype surrounding it has made a lot of money for the author of one of the worse books I have ever wasted my time reading

Belkin Core Backpack for Upto 15.6 inch Notebooks - Black/Grey
Belkin Core Backpack for Upto 15.6 inch Notebooks - Black/Grey
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, great price, 11 Aug 2010
I searched long and hard for a reasonably price rucksack-type laptop case. Initially, the price was appealing to me but because of this I really wasn't sure what I was getting. I would recommend this product to anyone. It has everything I need. It is spacious and holds my 15.6 laptop easily and comfortably. It is well-padded with a few compartments and is feels comfortable on the back. It is a fraction of the price of others of the same style and I am really delighted with this purchase

Uniross Mini Charger + 2 x AAA Multi Usage Long Life Batteries
Uniross Mini Charger + 2 x AAA Multi Usage Long Life Batteries
Offered by BigWhiteRabbit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 26 Dec 2009
Fantastic charger. Well priced and does the job of chargers at twice the price.

Classic Pepper Mill in clear acrylic and FSC® certified Beech 150mm
Classic Pepper Mill in clear acrylic and FSC® certified Beech 150mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Like a Dream, 5 Sep 2009
I was given a T and G Classic Pepper Mill as a gift about 8 years ago. This is one of the best presents I have ever been given. Anyone who spends any time at all in the kitchen will find it indispensable. It works like a dream, has never let me down and the effortless grinding is just pure pleasure. All my friends have commented on this product and nearly all have gone on to purchase one.

This is Not About Me
This is Not About Me
by Janice Galloway

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Feb 2009
This review is from: This is Not About Me (Hardcover)
This has to be one of the best books I have ever read. I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the follow-on. It is extremely funny and very sad too. Janice has a wonderful power of description. I grew up in the same area, at around the same time and with an older sister. After reading this book I realise how lucky I was to have such a priviledged childhood and my heart went out to Janice. Amazingly, she overcame so many obstacles to succeed in life. Hats off to her. A great book and well worth a read.