Profile for My pen name > Reviews

Content by My pen name

My pen name (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Hama Arezzo Style 40f Camera Bag
Hama Arezzo Style 40f Camera Bag
Offered by OptixMania

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for a Chord Mojo headphone dac / amp, 29 Jan. 2016
Perfect fit, slightly longer than the Mojo; cables can fit in the space at the top where the "lid" folds over.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2016 1:42 AM BST

Wakiso Leather Canvas Designer Smart Case Cover for Apple iPad Mini 1/2/3 with Stand, Hand Strap, Shock Proof Silicone Protection and Premium Suede Interior - Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Up Feature
Offered by Zomondo

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality protective case., 17 Nov. 2014
Good quality, well made, nice design. Fits the mini 2 (aka mini retina) perfectly. No issues with access to sockets. Recommended.

Patriot PCALC3FTNGN 3.3ft Lightning Cable - Yellow/Grey
Patriot PCALC3FTNGN 3.3ft Lightning Cable - Yellow/Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality replacement Lightning cable, 16 Nov. 2014
Good quality replacement for the official Apple lightning cable. The fabric sleeve should extend the longevity, though I guess only time will confirm. No issues, reasonable price, recommended.

Melissa & Doug - 10511 - Wooden Birthday Cake
Melissa & Doug - 10511 - Wooden Birthday Cake
Offered by Murrell Trading

2.0 out of 5 stars very poor quality for this brand, 18 Feb. 2014
expected a lot more. wooden rectangular box is not square at the corners, candles are poorly put together with too much glue. really not good for £15, sent back for a refund. looks cheaper than it is and does not make a good impression as a present.

Philips Fidelio AD7000W SoundAvia Wireless Speaker with AirPlay
Philips Fidelio AD7000W SoundAvia Wireless Speaker with AirPlay
Offered by RT MANCHESTER

1.0 out of 5 stars wifi issues make this unusable, 3 Jan. 2014
Other reviews stating issues with wifi connectivity are all true. I work in IT, I know my way around computers, and I had this working once. I was unable to configure manually. I used wps connectivity which worked first time. The unit then functioned perfectly, and sounded pretty good. I switched it to standby. The next day, I switched it back on and was unable to get it to reconnect to the wireless network, all attempts failed. I am returning this to amazon for a full refund. Very frustrating, seems to be a firmware issue and lack of support from Philips. A quick google search and you will find many forum posts from exasperated owners trying to get this to connect to wireless. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

Breathalyzer for France - Certified French NF Breathalyser
Breathalyzer for France - Certified French NF Breathalyser

3.0 out of 5 stars one year expiry, 26 Jun. 2013
They're cheap enough not to worry massively, and no idea if this is normal, but the expiry date on mine just purchased = July 2014. Which means they are fine for our hols in France in August, but we'll have to buy new ones for summer next year. Other than that, they appear to be fit for use, though I suspect like many, will never be removed from their wrappers.

Shuttle Slim XS35V3 Barebone Case for PC (Intel Atom D2700, 2x DDR3 SODIMM, 1x S-ATA, Intel NM10, Wifi, HDMI, 4-In-1 Card Reader)

5.0 out of 5 stars tiny unobtrusive pc, 28 May 2013
I've had this machine running now for a couple of weeks and here is my verdict so far. I added 4 gig of memory from Crucial, a 320 gig hard drive from WD, and an LG/Philips DVD writer (slot loading). The installation of these components is simple for anyone who has fiddled inside a computer before, and relatively straightforward for a novice thanks to the step by step guide. I've built a few pc's in my time so this task was accomplished in a few minutes.
Now for the OS - you have a few choices and it depends on one thing - do you want dual screen output? If the answer is Yes, then you must install Windows 7 32 bit. I have had a few Linux distros running on this machine (Lubuntu 13.04, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Wary Puppy 5.5, Fedora 18) and could not get the OS to recognise the 2nd display. I could use either HDMI (into my DVI monitor) or VGA but not both simultaneously. I wanted an extended dual screen setup and only Windows 7 was able to give me this. The latest drivers from the Intel website are version 8.14.8.1091.
I have not built this machine as a media server, but as a regular everyday-use machine, for which it is perfect. It runs JRiver media center (sic) for music files perfectly. Internet browsing, etc, all fine. The Windows experience scores are: processor=3.5, memory=5.1 (was 5.0 with 2 gig installed), graphics=5.9, gaming graphics=3.3, primary hard disk=5.8 (standard 5400 rpm laptop drive WD Blue). i.e. overall score=3.3 but then this isn't supposed to be a gaming rig!
Personally I'd recommend it, it's small, almost quiet (probably totally quiet with an SSD) and has a good set of connections (USB etc). I was slightly annoyed at not being able to get *buntu etc to run with 2 monitors, but Windows 7 runs perfectly adequately for my needs, and I suspect for most PC users out there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2013 9:29 PM BST

After Auschwitz: A story of heartbreak and survival by the stepsister of Anne Frank
by Eva Schloss

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving account, 11 May 2013
Today, 11th May, is Eva Schloss's birthday. It is also the anniversary of her 15th birthday, and the day she and her family were captured by the Gestapo after hiding in Amsterdam and their whereabouts being discovered. I read this chapter just yesterday and this fact that the date almost exactly coincided, and perhaps also after having briefly met the author at the book launch of this very book in Daunts Marylebone just a short while ago, connected with me and moved me deeply.
I would recommend this book as it is a very well written account of someone who has lived through such appalling circumstances, and for the author being very honest and open about what it has been like to survive.

Lindam Socket Covers - pack of 4
Lindam Socket Covers - pack of 4

1.0 out of 5 stars Socket covers are not safe, they are a hazard, 20 Sept. 2012
These things are incredibly dangerous, please please please do not buy them and if you are using them, remove them immediately.
You only have to google "fatally flawed socket covers" to learn the dangers. UK sockets have safety covers already built into them. Inserting socket covers opens the internal safety covers, and exposes the live connection.

Mr. M [VINYL]
Mr. M [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely vinyl package, 27 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Mr. M [VINYL] (Vinyl)
This is an excellent vinyl package - you get a gatefold sleeve, double 180g heavyweight vinyl, a code to download the album from the cityslang website (which I have yet to obtain, so dont know if this is lossy or lossless, let's hope it's the latter - edited to add - nope, they're 320kbps MP3's) AND a live DVD of the band. All for £9.99 (amazon price on release day).
The music? Quintessential Lambchop!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2012 9:57 PM GMT