Profile for Mr. David Wright > Reviews

Content by Mr. David Wright

Mr. David Wright

Red Country (First Law World 3)
Red Country (First Law World 3)
by Joe Abercrombie BA

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 1 Sept. 2015
Nicely written but, unfortuately, not his best work.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC DVD)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC DVD)
Offered by LTLE

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 1 Sept. 2015
Very disappointed with this - does not match up to the old Wolfenstein games at all.

Thief - Limited Edition Metal Case with Bonus Bank Heist Mission (PC DVD)
Thief - Limited Edition Metal Case with Bonus Bank Heist Mission (PC DVD)
Offered by * The Game Monkey *

3.0 out of 5 stars A good game but not quite as good as the original, 1 Sept. 2015
A good game but not quite as good as the original. If you like linear, stealth, fps game then I recommend this one as you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for a modern take on the original Thief then don't you will be disappointed.

Silent Running (Masters of Cinema) [Blu-ray] [1972]
Silent Running (Masters of Cinema) [Blu-ray] [1972]
Dvd ~ Bruce Dern
Offered by bestmediagroup

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful movie I remembered from childhood still wonderful now, 1 Sept. 2015
One of the very few films, and the only sci-fi movie, that makes me cry. A wonderful movie I remembered from childhood still wonderful now.

Look Who's Back
Look Who's Back
by Timur Vermes

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Look Who's Back (Hardcover)
A very funny book, well written and a hell of a page turner.

No Church In The Wild [feat. Frank Ocean] [Explicit]
No Church In The Wild [feat. Frank Ocean] [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Rap, 16 May 2013
I'm not normally one for music that has any rapping in it - but I really like this song, recommended

The City And The Stars (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
The City And The Stars (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
by Arthur C. Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars A Return to Childhood, 5 April 2013
My late sister first bought me this book nearly thirty years ago. It was part of set of four other novels all in one cover; I still have the book somewhere in the house I think. I would return to it again and again both in teenagehood and adulthood. And when I decided to buy the complete SF masterworks I couldn't wait to buy this one.

One of Clarke's best works that has an almost "rite of passage", "coming of age" feel to it. A young man discovering that his world isn't everything that he believes it is and has probably been one of his most influential novels so far as you can see echoes of it even in such films as Oblivion.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars As Good As I Remember, 5 April 2013
I was only disappointed by the fact that this is not in widescreen format. One of Christian Slater's best movies and a movie typical of its genre, yet it's not given it's best format here.

Crysis 3 - Hunter Edition (PC DVD)
Crysis 3 - Hunter Edition (PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Bunch, 5 April 2013
I'm enjoying this game so much that I am taking my time and slowly playing through it, exploring everywhere I can and basically ogling the scenery. It can be frustrating playing on the highest difficulty but well worth the effort of getting it.

The Best Of Fad Gadget
The Best Of Fad Gadget

5.0 out of 5 stars A Compilation going Back to Nature, 1 Feb. 2010
One of the best compilation albums for any 80's band ever. But then again Frank Tovey (aka Fad Gadget) was one of the best 80's artists ever.

This album brings the best of his groundbeaking music together in one place. Not only a must for Fad Gadget and Frank Tovey fans, but also a must for anyone who listens to alternative and 80's music.