Profile for Asif Mahmood > Reviews

Content by Asif Mahmood

Asif Mahmood "aka Superman" (UK)

The Prophet
The Prophet

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Prophet (Kindle Edition)
Re read this and it is still awesome and relevant today as it ever was. If you have never read this, you really ought to.

Who is the Iron Lady? A Very Short Book For Children (Who is?)
Who is the Iron Lady? A Very Short Book For Children (Who is?)

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative and easy to understand!, 17 April 2013
A very good book for children and anyone else looking for a quick short read on Margaret Thatcher - I would say that kids would find it easy to read.

Nobody True
Nobody True
by James Herbert

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing.... Yet Darkly Fascinating, 8 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Nobody True (Hardcover)
What can I say, James Herbert has come up with another disturbing, yet darkly delicious page-turner.
Not to sound cliched but truthfully, I could NOT put this book down. I was hooked. I just had to keep turning the pages to find out what was going to happen next.
One thing I have always loved about James Herbert books is the breathless pace... the writing is truly mesmerising and fluid. The pace makes your heart thump faster in your chest, feels like a rabid hound from hell, ferociously snarling and hungrily chasing you through the dark... -- This books has both pace and good character description, well balanced.
BRILLIANT STUFF -- READ THIS BOOK NOW!

How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks For Big Success In Relationships
How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks For Big Success In Relationships
by Leil Lowndes

5.0 out of 5 stars How To Talk To Anyone? - You will after you read this book!, 21 July 2005
I found this book a wonderful refreshing change from the usual Slef-help books that dwell on theory and long stories.. This book had wonderful pace, with lots of short punchy stories which illustrate the techniques to use perfectly. I was completely absorbed in the book. I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a short, quick self confidence boost for those awkward situations and social occassions you may find yourself in. -- Buy it!

The Bourne Identity (Panther Book)
The Bourne Identity (Panther Book)
by Robert Ludlum

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Read One Book In Your Life -- READ THIS ONE!!!!, 25 Nov. 2003
An absolutely fantastic book ! I am not exaggerating when I say that this book keeps you hooked, page-after-page-after-page!!!
It is honestly one of the best books I have read -- I highly recommend it.

A Spy by Nature
A Spy by Nature
by Charles Cumming

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of a Swing and Miss, 4 Sept. 2002
This review is from: A Spy by Nature (Paperback)
When this book first came out, I was eager for a good spy novel and after reading a couple of pages at my bookshop, it seemed promising. Mr Cummings, I thought, new author taking a risky swing at such a demanding genre, could be something explosive, so I bought the book.
However when I started to read the book, I very quickly got put off by the lack of action and its pace. I felt the book had a very slow and cumbersome pace I kept waiting for something action-packed to happen, but it never did. I was quite disappointed at the authors writing style, the character detail was weak and atmosphere poorly described, I never felt immersed. On top of all of this, the plot is centred around Industrial espionage... which didnt do it for me.
I hate to sound negative about this book as I did enjoy parts of it, but 500-odd pages was too much to stomach for those few small parts, I was hoping for something a little more 'edge-of-the-seat'.
Let's hope his next book is better! --- unfortunately a swing and miss.

Once
Once
by James Herbert

4.0 out of 5 stars Once... A dark, delicious and sinister delight,....!, 16 Aug. 2002
This review is from: Once (Paperback)
This book is really good! Once.. takes us into a world of witches, goblins and faeries. It immerses us in a dark, evil and deliciously sinister world. This book takes what we all once knew as children and turns into something more devilish and pervesely erotic.
I could not put this book down, I was reading at every opportunity. Herbert's writing flowed wonderfully and the story moved at a great pace. However I did feel that towards the end it did drag in some parts, (like the storm bit). That minor issue aside, I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it... read it !