Profile for Asif Mahmood > Reviews

Content by Asif Mahmood

Asif Mahmood "aka Superman" (UK)

Who is the Iron Lady? A Very Short Book For Children (Who is?)
Who is the Iron Lady? A Very Short Book For Children (Who is?)

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative and easy to understand!, 17 April 2013
A very good book for children and anyone else looking for a quick short read on Margaret Thatcher - I would say that kids would find it easy to read.

Nobody True
Nobody True
by James Herbert

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing.... Yet Darkly Fascinating, 8 Sep 2005
This review is from: Nobody True (Hardcover)
What can I say, James Herbert has come up with another disturbing, yet darkly delicious page-turner.
Not to sound cliched but truthfully, I could NOT put this book down. I was hooked. I just had to keep turning the pages to find out what was going to happen next.
One thing I have always loved about James Herbert books is the breathless pace... the writing is truly mesmerising and fluid. The pace makes your heart thump faster in your chest, feels like a rabid hound from hell, ferociously snarling and hungrily chasing you through the dark... -- This books has both pace and good character description, well balanced.
BRILLIANT STUFF -- READ THIS BOOK NOW!

How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks For Big Success In Relationships
How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks For Big Success In Relationships
by Leil Lowndes

5.0 out of 5 stars How To Talk To Anyone? - You will after you read this book!, 21 July 2005
I found this book a wonderful refreshing change from the usual Slef-help books that dwell on theory and long stories.. This book had wonderful pace, with lots of short punchy stories which illustrate the techniques to use perfectly. I was completely absorbed in the book. I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a short, quick self confidence boost for those awkward situations and social occassions you may find yourself in. -- Buy it!

The Bourne Identity (Panther Book)
The Bourne Identity (Panther Book)
by Robert Ludlum

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Read One Book In Your Life -- READ THIS ONE!!!!, 25 Nov 2003
An absolutely fantastic book ! I am not exaggerating when I say that this book keeps you hooked, page-after-page-after-page!!!
It is honestly one of the best books I have read -- I highly recommend it.

A Spy by Nature
A Spy by Nature
by Charles Cumming

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of a Swing and Miss, 4 Sep 2002
This review is from: A Spy by Nature (Paperback)
When this book first came out, I was eager for a good spy novel and after reading a couple of pages at my bookshop, it seemed promising. Mr Cummings, I thought, new author taking a risky swing at such a demanding genre, could be something explosive, so I bought the book.
However when I started to read the book, I very quickly got put off by the lack of action and its pace. I felt the book had a very slow and cumbersome pace I kept waiting for something action-packed to happen, but it never did. I was quite disappointed at the authors writing style, the character detail was weak and atmosphere poorly described, I never felt immersed. On top of all of this, the plot is centred around Industrial espionage... which didnt do it for me.
I hate to sound negative about this book as I did enjoy parts of it, but 500-odd pages was too much to stomach for those few small parts, I was hoping for something a little more 'edge-of-the-seat'.
Let's hope his next book is better! --- unfortunately a swing and miss.

Once
Once
by James Herbert

4.0 out of 5 stars Once... A dark, delicious and sinister delight,....!, 16 Aug 2002
This review is from: Once (Paperback)
This book is really good! Once.. takes us into a world of witches, goblins and faeries. It immerses us in a dark, evil and deliciously sinister world. This book takes what we all once knew as children and turns into something more devilish and pervesely erotic.
I could not put this book down, I was reading at every opportunity. Herbert's writing flowed wonderfully and the story moved at a great pace. However I did feel that towards the end it did drag in some parts, (like the storm bit). That minor issue aside, I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it... read it !