Profile for Blimey O'Reilly > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
How to Live on 24 Hours a Day
How to Live on 24 Hours a Day

2.0 out of 5 stars Yawn., 17 April 2014
Maybe this was groundbreaking in its day, but I somehow doubt it. Dull, unenlightening, turgid. Read something with a bit more va va voom.

Road to Rouen
Road to Rouen

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
Excellent. Will ring true with anyone who's ever traveled with a young family. Very funny indeed. Well written. What's next?

Marie Potter and The Campervan of Doom
Marie Potter and The Campervan of Doom

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't get far with this., 17 April 2014
I think that if you like the 'humour' of the title, and don't mind grammatical errors, then this could be the book for you. If you are even a tiny bit more demanding, then it's probably best to give this doomed camper van a very wide berth.

Walden on Wheels: On the Open Road from Debt to Freedom
Walden on Wheels: On the Open Road from Debt to Freedom

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 April 2014
Interesting and well written; many interesting cameos and moments make for an overall entertaining read. More enjoyable than I had anticipate.

The Dig
The Dig

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable., 17 April 2014
This review is from: The Dig (Kindle Edition)
An unusual book which is very restrained and terribly English. I really enjoyed reading this and my subsequent visit to Sutton Hoo was much improved by the experience. Felt quite a thrill when I came across a portrait of Mrs Pretty in her former drawing room. Mellow, well written, informative.

Spynet Video Watch
Spynet Video Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but..., 17 April 2014
This review is from: Spynet Video Watch (Toy)
My daughter, aged 9, loved this even though her interest waned gradually as a result of the poor battery life. The quality of the footage you're able to shoot is exactly what you'd expect for the price quite frankly, and that's OK. Fun, and certain to be a success in the beginning at least.

The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants 1 And 2 [DVD] [2009]
The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants 1 And 2 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Amber Tamblyn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 April 2014
Watched this with my daughters, aged 9 and 12, and we all enjoyed it. A hint of passion which was a tad risque for the 9 yr old, but otherwise a very warm and entertaining depiction of the different yet inter-related experiences of a bunch of teenage pals.

I Left My Tent in San Francisco
I Left My Tent in San Francisco

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but..., 17 April 2014
I can only echo the comments of other readers before e in saying that this is an adequate read, but not the barrel of laughs that Kennedy's first book proved to be. I felt that some incidents were over embellished and that others were skimpy in detail. I was never totally convinced that the character of her traveling companion was thoroughly drawn, not that I understood their reasons for pairing up for this adventure. However, it is adequate as far as it goes, like a warm soak in a bubble bath.

How to be Free
How to be Free
by Tom Hodgkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice one, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: How to be Free (Paperback)
Cool. Well written. Well researched. Readable. Funny (sometimes). Enjoyable. Affordable. Available in libraries; now, that Is free. Makes you think.

Geek Girl (Geek Girl, Book 1) (Geek Girl Series)
Geek Girl (Geek Girl, Book 1) (Geek Girl Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed by my 12 yr old, 16 Nov. 2013
Enjoyed by my 12 yr old who is not a big reader and not a 'girlie girl'. She thinks other girls like herself would enjoy this too.

Page: 1 | 2