Profile for E. BROWN > Reviews

Content by E. BROWN

E. BROWN "EBee" (lancashire, England)

Reflektor
Reflektor

5.0 out of 5 stars An epic album!, 24 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Reflektor (Audio CD)
I bought the first couple of Arcade Fire albums but don't really consider myself a big fan. I stumbled across the Reflectors whilst web browsing and was curious to discover who and what they were about. I followed the link which revealed who they really are and I was very pleasantly surprised. Within 48 hours I managed to watch the videos, buy the CD and tickets for their Blackpool performance. :-)

For me this album is my top pick for 2013. The First track Reflektor grabs you and takes you on a retro, dance beat, Bowiesque journey to remember and it sets the tone for the whole album. Reflector is part dance, part indie, part Art rock happening. It's almost a concept album. And whilst it takes a few listens to really get it once you do then it gets under your skin. The music, lyrics and production are tops but don't be fooled into thinking this is a shiny happy disco CD as it's actually quite dark in parts.

Give it a go!

Kahlo - 2014 Diary (Taschen Spiral Diaries)
Kahlo - 2014 Diary (Taschen Spiral Diaries)
by Taschen
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality!, 24 Dec. 2013
I have purchased a number of Art diaries by Taschen in the past and have always been impressed by the quality. This diary is no exception so I would highly recommend it!

Xbox 360 250GB Console with Six Game Mega Pack (Xbox 360)
Xbox 360 250GB Console with Six Game Mega Pack (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy!, 24 Dec. 2013
I've wanted an Xbox for ages and have been tracking the prices of consoles and bundles. I finally took the plunge when I spotted this deal and I'm happy that I did. I can't stop playing Tomb Raider and Halo 4, both truly amazing and absorbing games. The other games seem quite good but I haven't got round to them yet!

Buy it!!

Trinity - The Matrix - Adult Fancy Dress Costume
Trinity - The Matrix - Adult Fancy Dress Costume
Offered by Fancy Dress Discount Store

3.0 out of 5 stars just ok!, 17 Nov. 2013
This piece of fancy dress kit consists a rather creased long PVC Mac and a pair of very cheap matrix style sunglasses that I won't be wearing as they are too large for my face. If the creases drop out in time for my fancy dress then it should be ok. The quality of the Mac isn't too bad but quite expensive considering what it actually is. Will probably try to resell it on eBay at a later date.

The Lowdown [2CD]
The Lowdown [2CD]

1.0 out of 5 stars not an official pixies biog., 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Lowdown [2CD] (Audio CD)
Beware that this CD contains no music and is basically someone reading a scripted piece on the history of the pixies. This information is all readily available on the internet at the click of a button. It is a useless and overpriced but clever marketing idea by a this company. I repeat it is not sanctioned by the Pixies. I listened to the CD and now have no use for it whatsoever. It might as well go in the bin!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2013 2:39 PM GMT

BELLOU SOTIRIA APO TIS 78 STROFES 2CD
BELLOU SOTIRIA APO TIS 78 STROFES 2CD

5.0 out of 5 stars great cd!, 10 Nov. 2013
This is a very comprehensive collection of the work from this influential, great singer. If you want a glimpse into the rebetika scene then this is a good example. The quality is ok but what can you expect from such old recordings. Still worth the price. Buy it!

Itane Mia Fora... Ta 40 Kalitera Tragoudia Tou Nikou Xilouri
Itane Mia Fora... Ta 40 Kalitera Tragoudia Tou Nikou Xilouri

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic collection from Nikos Xilouris, 10 Nov. 2013
A must buy! This is a very comprehensive collection of the work by his great singer. Highly recommended. Buy it

Tomb Raider (PC DVD)
Tomb Raider (PC DVD)
Offered by GameExplorers

2.0 out of 5 stars Very High Spec Graphics Card Needed, BEWARE!, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Tomb Raider (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game would not run on my pc. It loaded but I got an error message when attempting to play it. My PC runs many other new games but not this one. So check your PC graphics card spec before you waste your cash!