Profile for Nicholas D. Weall > Reviews

Content by Nicholas D. Weall

Nicholas D. Weall "Gnasher" (England)

Locked In (Jessica Daniel Book 1)
Locked In (Jessica Daniel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it and enjoy the journey, 27 Nov. 2011
I forget the price but it was not a lot, so I purchased Locked In purely as a speculative adventure.
I was not disappointed, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and getting to know the main character Jessica.
To give you an idea of how much I enjoyed it ~ I immediately purchased the second book in the series "Vigilante" and once I had finished that I purchased the third book in the series "The Woman in Black".
Each book has had a good plot and sub plots too. Each book in my opinion is an improvement upon the previous book and all three are rollicking good page turning reads.
I'm looking forward to reading the forth, fifth and as many more as Kerry can produce. In fact if he could write one a week that would be fine by me.
Give them a try, I doubt that you will be disappointed and certainly you should find them exceptional value for money.

Sony KDL-37P3020 - 37'' Widescreen Bravia HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview
Sony KDL-37P3020 - 37'' Widescreen Bravia HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 6 July 2008
I wanted a bigger flat screen to replace my existing 21". This TV was at the top of the best sellers list and had very favourable reviews.
I ordered it one Thursday and safely received it on Friday in time for me to view the British GP, Wimbledon finals and the start of the Tour De France. (So a busy sport viewing weekend!)

It really only take a few minutes to unpack, fit the stand with four screws, plug in the 13 amp plug, connect the aerial, turn it on and a couple of minutes for the set to hunt for all of the channels and that was that.

Picture quality great and sound fine.

So great service from Amazon and I'm very happy.

Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess
Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess
by Bobby Fischer
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars The easiest way of improving your attacking game, 6 Sept. 2007
I first purchased this book back in the Seventies and found it the best book by far to develop my attacking chess. (I used to play in chess clubs, grade highest 149 I seem to remember.) I gave it to someone else and then stopped playing chess for years. Recently I took up chess again and purchased another copy of the book that had helped me best. Some of the smaller board layout position illustrations are almost illegible, but the larger ones that matter are perfectly easy to see and understand. Buy this book and turn from a rabbit into a tiger!