ARRAY(0xba673cd8)

Profile for C. Hoyos > Reviews

Content by C. Hoyos

C. Hoyos "carlos5370" (UK)

I Did It Mum: Girls (Nintendo DS)
I Did It Mum: Girls (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 3 to 6, 8 Dec 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Not as flashy as some of the branded games but my 4 year old daughter would choose this game over dozens of those, which I regret to say I did buy.

Maths Play (Nintendo DS)
Maths Play (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Crunchbusters
Price: 15.00

1.0 out of 5 stars not for children, 6 May 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this because of the +3 rating hopping to use it to help my 6 year old get into maths. Big mistake, even at the lowest level you need a fair grasp of maths to play. I did not even get to give it to her, after 1 minute of testing it I knew it would put her off maths for ever.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2009 9:53 PM BST

Design Basics Index
Design Basics Index
by Jim Krause

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem, 28 Jun 2006
This review is from: Design Basics Index (Paperback)
I was a complete novice. I love it. Every page is beautiful in itself and at the same time an example of the technique it is explaining. Thank God the covers are durable plastic otherwise it would have fallen appart of the use I have given it. BUY

Photoshop Masking Compositing: By the author of the bestselling Photoshop Restoration & Retouching (Voices That Matter)
by Katrin Eismann
Price: 34.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Photoshop book ever, 10 Aug 2005
I was addicted to Photoshop books, I have been buying them since version 4. I love this program so much I just couldn't help myself buying books that might, just might teach me something new. Most of them covered the same ground over and over, but I still needed to keep buying them. That was until I came across this gem and "Restoration and Retouching" (sister title)
With these two books my thirst is finally clenched, I don't need any more books. They cover every aspect of Photoshop; they explain every technique and its variations. Most importantly they stimulate creative thinking and experimentation. The most useful "tricks" these books have taught me have been variations on the techniques they explain, that I have come up with by myself, but that I could not have thought of without the books. Buy them!

by Katrin Eismann
Price: 34.41

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 20 Dec 2004
If you already have a basic knowledge of photoshop and are looking for the book that will take you a bit further this is it. Another level. Clear, authoritative and SO well written.
I have four or five other books on photoshop I got this one, bought the other one bt K Eismann and sold the rest. Buy it.