Profile for Jen Shepherd > Reviews

Content by Jen Shepherd

Jen Shepherd (Belfast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Youpin Multifunctional Writing Board Magnetic Puzzle Easel Toys Wooden Toy Sketchpad Toy Educational Toy Pairing Toys Creative Peg Puzzle Brain Game Learning Toys
Offered by seguryy

1.0 out of 5 stars Not safe for children., 14 July 2016
No CE mark. Not safe for children. Should not be allowed for sale in the UK! This is the second time I've purchased something from Amazon that turns out to be from China with insufficient safety standards. The packaging is cheap and dusty, and written in Chinese. The materials are cheap with great globs of dried wood glue and flimsy wood. There is nothing to hold the lid in place for travel. It's just terrible and I will be returning it immediately.

Solar String Light Flexible Copper Wire 22m 150 LEDs Waterproof Solar Powered Lights Ambiance Lighting for Outdoor, Garden, Home, Christmas Party, Fairy Starry Light (Yellow)
Offered by rebirthday

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective, 16 Jun. 2016
I followed the instructions and left this item in a sunny spot to charge. The first time I tried to switch it on, it worked, and I switched it off again, leaving it in the sunny place (indoors) until my partner was due home the following day and I could show him. When I went back to them they no longer worked and haven't lit up since that first time.

I'm very disappointed. They did look quite nice when briefly lit, and I was looking forward to having a play with them and shaping them, but I didn't even get to do this. I find it hard to believe therefore that any connection could have been broken (and even if it had, they really should be more robust). The solar panel part and the packaging look quite cheap and basic.

Fitbit Blaze Charging Clip-Seeme® Replacement USB Charger Adapter Charge Cord Charging Dock Cable for Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch
Offered by See-me

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, 19 May 2016
I was considering buying a spare but couldn't justify the high price of the official charger from FitBit, and so I found myself looking at this. I was a bit worried that the quality may not be good and that not only would my money be wasted but my Blaze might be damaged, however then my charger was list and my hand was forced. I bought this.

I have found I needn't have worried! I don't have the original to compare it to in looks, but like another reviewer says I think it's virtually identical, with maybe a slight difference in the finish. It feels well made however and works with no issues too charge my Blaze. Phew, and thank you to the manufacturer.

Children's Garden Tool Set
Children's Garden Tool Set
Offered by Oxford Toy Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and fun, 3 May 2016
This review is from: Children's Garden Tool Set (Toy)
My toddler loves these and loves helping out in the garden. Perfect for little hands. Lovely colours. Our watering can doesn't leak (yet)

Mudder 2 Pack Replacement USB Charger Cable for Fitbit Flex Band Wireless Activity Bracelet - 0.59 Feet (Red and Blue)
Offered by Mudder Online UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as the genuine chargers, and handy to have bright colors, 3 May 2016
Just as good as the genuine chargers, as far as I can tell, and it's handy to have bright colors when finding then in a bag. I keep one in the car and one in my work bag.

Incidentally, charging in the car is perfect, as this is the one time I'm neither stepping nor sleeping, so don't need tracking (not that I ever NEED tracking!)

Slumbersac SIMPLY Summer Baby Sleeping Bag 1 Tog - AOP Teddy , 12-36 months/110 cm
Offered by Slumbersac Trading Co Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, nice and snugly, 3 May 2016
Great. This snugly (but not too snugly) sleeping bag helps my toddler sleep at nursery by also using it for sleep at home. It washes well and is enough to keep baby cosy without overheating.

The reverse zip is handy for avoiding the child escaping, though mine hasn't yet tried, though it is a bit fiddly even for adults... Nana's arthritic fingers in particular.

It has poppers to adjust the size of the arm holes too.

Potty
Potty
by Leslie Patricelli
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars My toddler loves this, shame about the Americanisms, 3 May 2016
This review is from: Potty (Board book)
My toddler (18 months) loves this book and takes it to her own potty to sit and read! She's not yet learning to use the potty rather than nappies but this is great for getting her ready. She learnt to say 'undies' from this book and that makes her laugh :-)

I do change the word 'diaper' to 'nappy' when I read it and the first line ('I have to go potty') makes me cringe at the grammar so change to 'I have to go to the toilet / potty' or 'I need a wee'.

tinkertonk 10 Magnetic Dry Wipe White Board Markers Pens with Built in Dry Erase Eraser
Offered by tinkertonk

3.0 out of 5 stars Magnets fall off, pens OK, 3 May 2016
Title says it all really... the pens often fall to the floor leaving the magnets stuck in place. The pens themselves work fine so far and are off adequate but not amazing quality.

On the other hand, they were cheap, and they work well enough (I've restuck the magnets on three pens) so no regrets.

Johnsons 21797 Little Gardeners Moving Mimosa Grow Kit - Multi-Colour
Johnsons 21797 Little Gardeners Moving Mimosa Grow Kit - Multi-Colour

2.0 out of 5 stars One tiny shoot them nothing more, 3 May 2016
My nephew planted this up with his Nana. He did enjoy himself and they filled the instructions, but weeks later if Nana diligently caring for it (and she is green fingered) there is just one tiny shoot that is now dying.

So disappointing for my nephew, and for us! I think we thought it would be as easy as cress seeds, in fact that's what I'll buy him in future.

My Underpants Rule
My Underpants Rule
by Rod Power

2.0 out of 5 stars Great sentiment but awful quality. Returned for refund., 3 May 2016
This review is from: My Underpants Rule (Paperback)
The illustrations, grammar and writing are just awful! Really clumsy rhymes and generally poor writing let this book down, which is such a shame when the message is a great one.

I returned my copy. I couldn't even give it away, I'd be ashamed to burden someone with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6