Profile for alimarcam > Reviews

Content by alimarcam

alimarcam "alimarcam" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Slazenger Women Tankini Set Ladies Navy/OceanBlue 14 (L)
Slazenger Women Tankini Set Ladies Navy/OceanBlue 14 (L)
Offered by Sports Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted and fantastic value, 17 Nov 2014
Excellent quality, fitted perfectly and jus what I wanted. I have a problem with my hip so struggle to get into swimming costumes so always go for tankinis. One bonus of this costume is that it has a marvellously slimming effect on my 'muffin top' - I love it!

Ghostwritten
Ghostwritten
by David Mitchell

2.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 5 Nov 2014
This review is from: Ghostwritten (Paperback)
I really really wanted to like this book. I saw the film Cloud Atlas which I loved and I know film adaptations aren't always the same as the actual book, but I thought I would probably like Ghostwritten anyway but unfortunately I didn't. I enjoyed it to begin with, particularly the level of detail about Japan but I got confused and bored with the narrative about 50 pages in and gave up. I feel bad as I know that David Mitchell's novels are generally really well received but I just couldn't get into this.

Undercover Mouse cat toy panic mouse cat's meow electronic cat toy cat training tool
Offered by cybernova

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Toy For Kitties, 5 Nov 2014
My friend had this for her 4 cats and they loved it so I decided to buy one for my 3. I would say while they don't love it, they do enjoy playing with it when they are in the right mood and it is endlessly entertaining watching little Sherlock trying to catch the 'mouse'. It does seem to wear my cats out as well which means they have to have a big sleep after playing.

Wildlife World Hedgehog Care Pack
Wildlife World Hedgehog Care Pack
Offered by Buttercup Farm

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted and very reasonably priced, 5 Nov 2014
I saw a hedgehog in my garden last winter and decided I'd like to tempt him or her or one of his or her relatives back this year so chose this hedgehog home out of the many available on Amazon and I am very glad I did. It's readily assembled and looks very natural and the instructions about where to put it and the attached book and hedgehog food in the care pack were very useful. I haven't had any tenants yet, but I hope to have at least one very soon.

As others have mentioned, I would recommend unpacking this in the garden rather than indoors as some of the natural materials do come off during the unpacking process.

Mini Hot Water Bottle & Knitted Cover - Black & White Skull (500ml)
Mini Hot Water Bottle & Knitted Cover - Black & White Skull (500ml)
Offered by The Pea's Knees Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 5 Nov 2014
Perfect size to carry around in my handbag & lovely soft material so perfect for those days when the air-con goes into over-drive in my office.

Fated: An Alex Verus Novel
Fated: An Alex Verus Novel
by Benedict Jacka

1.0 out of 5 stars I think Amazon recommended Fated to me as I read Rivers of London ..., 5 Nov 2014
I think Amazon recommended Fated to me as I read Rivers of London (which I loved) but I am afraid I have to say, Fated was not a patch on RoL and unusually for me, I gave up with this book only 50 pages in.

Not only did I find the narrative very weak, but I thought the dialogue was clunky and heavily influenced by what I can only describe as clichéd US police show 'cop-speak', eg, repetitive use of the words 'gotten', 'figured' and 'sure' really grated on my nerves which was another reason I stopped reading it.

Touch Not the Cat
Touch Not the Cat
by Mary Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd Read It When I Was A Teenager, 25 Sep 2014
This review is from: Touch Not the Cat (Paperback)
To begin with, I really liked the engaging style of the writing of this novel but became quickly irritated with Bryony, the protagonist who I found quickly grated on me. I didn't really get the supernatural element and her talking of her 'lover' who she communicates with telepathically yet doesn't know who he is, was clumsily written. I also became confused to the point of disinterest about which twin was which. The novel reminded me of Jilly Cooper's novels of the 1970's with the one word title, eg, Octavia, Pandora, etc which I read as a teenager. I think if I'd read Touch Not The Cat when I was younger, I would have liked it more.

Busy Clothing Womens Brown Stripe Suit Jacket - Size 14
Busy Clothing Womens Brown Stripe Suit Jacket - Size 14
Offered by Busy Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Although I Sent This Back I Am Giving 5 Stars For Customer Service, 9 Sep 2014
The jacket (and matching skirt) arrived very promptly and were both extremely well packaged. The material was of very high quality and neither the jacket nor the skirt were creased. However, the jacket was much too large across my shoulders. I am giving 5 stars because of the quality of the garment and the outstanding customer service I received. I contacted Busy Clothing and they responded immediately, saying if I returned the garments, they would issue a refund and I received said refund within 3 days. I loved the suit, it just didn't fit quite right but I would definitely use this company again.

Lakeland Carousel Cupcake Carrier Caddy & Storage Box (Holds 24 Cupcakes)
Lakeland Carousel Cupcake Carrier Caddy & Storage Box (Holds 24 Cupcakes)
Offered by Lakeland

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, Particularly If You Carry Cakes Regularly, 25 Aug 2014
I was initially concerned when I received this as I thought that the cupcake holders were not going to be able to hold my cupcakes. Just to be clear, I make cupcakes not muffins so obviously use cupcake cases not muffin cases and before I bought this, I had thought the cupcakes would fit completely into the individual holders but they don't quite fit - only about half of the cupcake goes in - so I was worried the cakes would fall out while I was carrying the box, but fortunately they didn't.

I carry cakes into work on a weekly basis and the journey takes approximately 40 minutes and the handle is very comfortable for carrying.

The key thing I would say is that the cakes feel secure and arrived at work looking as they did when I left home.

Would definitely recommend.

NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) Season 3 [DVD]
NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Harmon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Really sustains the pace of the first two ..., 21 July 2014
Fantastic! Really sustains the pace of the first two series with interesting cases and several long running threads.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13