Profile for alimarcam > Reviews

Content by alimarcam

alimarcam "alimarcam" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Our Tragic Universe
Our Tragic Universe
by Scarlett Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As 'The End Of Mr Y' But Still A Great Read, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Our Tragic Universe (Hardcover)
I have read a number of reviews of 'Our Tragic Universe' and agree with many of the comments but I think the problem is, if you read 'The End Of Mr Y' first, you will naturally feel that 'Our Tragic Universe' is a little disappointing as 'TEOMY' is one of the most interesting and original novels - in my opinion - ever written. I also agree that 'Our Tragic Universe' book does not live up to its initial promise and I honestly thought there was going to be more of a supernatural element to it - I shall not expand on that as I do not wish to spoil the novel for others. I would also add, there was a section on tarot cards that I skimmed as I found it rather dull but otherwise, this is still far superior to most of the rubbish being published these days.

Mussorgsky: St. John's Night on Bare Mountain; Works
Mussorgsky: St. John's Night on Bare Mountain; Works

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 3 Nov 2011
I wanted the original version of this piece written by Mussorgsky and known by Mussorgsky as 'St John's Night On Bald Mountain' rather than the alternative and more popular version known as 'Night On A Bare Mountain' and this is what I got when I downloaded this album. It is quite simply outstanding and I cannot stop listening to it. If you have never heard this piece which is with a chorus, my understanding is that it is how Mussorgsky himself envisaged it rather than the more well-known non-chorus version. It is so stirring - I find it impossible to do anything else while listening to it as it moves me so much.

Furminator Cat
Furminator Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy Mogoid, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: Furminator Cat (Misc.)
One of our elderly rescue cats has been struggling to groom herself of late and was developing tufty bits on her tummy so I was looking for something that I could groom her with and after reading such positive reviews about The Furminator, decided to purchase one. They are not cheap but given how much my cat enjoys being combed with it - she appears to be in ecstasy when we groom her - and also how much glossier her coat looks, I think it's worth every penny.

Llibre Vermell De Montserrat
Llibre Vermell De Montserrat

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 28 Aug 2011
I heard part of this CD on Radio 3 and was immediately enchanted buy it and have not for one second regretted buying it. I listen to it regularly and each time, find something new and inspiring within it. Quite simply, some of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard in my life - spiritually enhancing and almost drug-like the way it takes me away from the every day world.

SIMPLY SEXUAL
SIMPLY SEXUAL
by Kate Pearce

1.0 out of 5 stars Sexual? About as sexual as suet!, 28 Aug 2011
This review is from: SIMPLY SEXUAL (Paperback)
Was looking for something in this genre and after reading the reviews on Amazon, was expecting something fairly explicit, but this is incredibly tame and appallingly badly written.

Jacopo da Bologna: Italian Madrigals of the 14th Century
Jacopo da Bologna: Italian Madrigals of the 14th Century

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly and music is amazing!, 28 Aug 2011
Arrived quickly and music is amazing. I heard the music on Radio 3 and managed to source from Amazon and am very pleased with the result.

La Vita Nuova (Dover Thrift Editions)
La Vita Nuova (Dover Thrift Editions)
by Dante

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly and in condition described, but..., 28 Aug 2011
...wasn't quite the translation I was after. However, the quality of the book is very good considering how little I paid for it.

(Good Girl) Non-Slip Cat Bowl 7.5" (Assorted Colours) [46914]
(Good Girl) Non-Slip Cat Bowl 7.5" (Assorted Colours) [46914]
Offered by cheap online products

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for the price, 23 July 2011
I was looking for quite a sturdy bowl for a stray cat I feed, ie, a bowl that can be left outdoors and so chose this one. It is very robust in style, easy to clean and well worth the money.

Safety Gas Lighter - No need for matches By Everbright Plus
Safety Gas Lighter - No need for matches By Everbright Plus
Offered by H & A (LONDON)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - does exactly what it says it will do!, 27 April 2011
Have only had this a few months so cannot comment regarding others who have said it stops working, but it was very cheap, arrived quickly and does the job - can't say any more than that!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 27 April 2011
One of my cats is usually indifferent to catnip while the other (who is a rescue cat who was mistreated and is therefore wary of people) loves it, well, despite trying lots of catnip products, this seems to do the trick with both of them. Indifferent Mogoid now goes very soppy after I spray it, while Wary Mogoid initially goes crazy, tearing about the house and throwing all her toys in the air, then calms down and has been noticeably more trusting of us since I started spraying it. Brilliant product and I have tried most catnip (not personally!).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12