Profile for Welsh Mat > Reviews

Content by Welsh Mat

Welsh Mat (Leamington Spa, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Veritas Mark II Honing Guide
Veritas Mark II Honing Guide
Offered by TOOLMAN
Price: 54.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally I can actually sharpen!, 4 July 2014
Before I got any further I will state that I cannot sharpen by hand for toffee. CDT in the 90's is no substitute for the woodworking classes of yore my Stepfather talks about. I've watch videos listened and watch people who know how to hand sharpen, my results have been well to put it politely not that good. I must admit the price put me off for a while but then after another failed sharpening I decided to give it a go. OMG, I can sharpen. My planes and chisels love me.

After a long rant this tool is probably not for people who and by pure hand eye coordination put a good keen edge on a blade. If you are like me and need help this is a life saver.

9 Inch 'Despicable Me 2' The Movie 3D One Eyed Minion Plush Soft Toy (PL105E)
9 Inch 'Despicable Me 2' The Movie 3D One Eyed Minion Plush Soft Toy (PL105E)

5.0 out of 5 stars Minions assemble!, 10 May 2014
Bought this for Christmas for my girlfriend, she is a big fan of the films and loved this. The only problem was explaining to her 5 year old nieces that the minion was not for them :)

Andrew James 4 Person Premium Traditional Wicker Picnic Hamper With Elegant Chequered Lining, Ceramic Plates, Stainless Steel Cutlery And Glass Wine Glasses. Includes 2 Cooler Bags And A Wine Cooler Bag
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars You can feel like Rat from Wind In The Willows, 10 May 2014
Excellent quality build quality, very tasteful and stylish if you like like the style of a bygone era.

I want to give this 5 stars but I can't as it has one flaw you can't put both cool bags in the hamper if you have the glasses in at the same time, which is a real shame and a massive oversight. The only problem that I had was that the chains for the lid were too tight and the lid would not stay open as the lid was too close to vertical. Rather than return it I resited the chain anchors on the main basket and the lid is now just passed vertical and works fine.

So good quality but not without a few niggles that stop it from being a full 5 out of 5.

Game Coding Complete
Game Coding Complete
by Mike McShaffry
Price: 40.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent book, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Game Coding Complete (Paperback)
I would recomend this to anyone who is in education and looking to get into the games industry, as it covers the 'boring' but vital parts of game development (resource caching, source control, tools, etc) and doesn't just focus on rendering. If you are in the industry it's well worth a read, if for nothing else than the 'Tales from the pixel mines' and then thinking, yup been there.

Also if you have one of the older versions I would recomend atleast taking a lok at the index as I already own the first edition and this is a good update.

Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Herbal Shaving Soap Refill 100gr
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Herbal Shaving Soap Refill 100gr
Offered by Cube for Men
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars The best you can get, 9 Sep 2012
Most of the times when you pay a lot of money for a 'luxury' brand you get something that you could have bought for half the price. Not so with this shave soap, I bought the bowl and soap anbout 18 months ago and have only just started using a fresh soap. It gives a nice shave and last so long that its actually cheaper than buying cheaper shave cream. The smell of sandle wood is also nice.

Micro Stripes Purple King Size Complete Duvet/Quilt Cover Set, Fitted Sheet With 2 Pillow Cases

4.0 out of 5 stars Its purple, 9 Sep 2012
Good size fits our bed fine. Seems well made and looks very nice. I can't say much about it as we've not had chance to use it much as about two days after purchasing it the sun came out and its been too warm. But from what I've seen sofar if seems good.

York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench
York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench
Price: 99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Impresive budget bench perfect for home use, 30 Aug 2012
This is a very good bench for the price and its load capacity at 180Kg. I know some readers have complianed its dificult to reconfigure, I've not found this to be an issue. Some of the configurations like the hyper extensions can be tricky to begin with, but once you've gotten used to it no its quite quick to change.

So unless you are planning on training for Mr. Universe or the Highland games this bench should have enough capacity in it to support most users for quite a while.

Artisanti Vintage Sandtimer Bookends
Artisanti Vintage Sandtimer Bookends

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy don't buy, 26 July 2012
When they arrived the feet had come detached from the stand back. After a few days the other one broke. When I saw these I asumed they would be dove tailed together but the feet and the back are just mitred and glued so all of the force is held by the glue. I've since fixed them myself.

The poor craftsmanship of the base is a real letdown as the sand timers and overall effect is gorgeous.

York Strength Training Bar
York Strength Training Bar
Price: 20.02 - 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Um, its a 6ft long bar., 26 July 2012
I have the 6ft version of this bar which came with the spring collars. I can't really complain about it as if you were expecting more from a 6ft solid pole you probably hard to please.

Its solid and sturdy, feels fell made and although I've gone no where near taxing its weight limit it feels very sturdy. Oh and if its of any use the produst seems to weigh in at just over 7Kg.

Interlocking Gym Garage Anti Fatigue Flooring Play Mats 48sqft D- easimat branded

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, 16 July 2012
Good quality foam rubber matting. Seems robust, I've been using it for my home gym and it's exactly what I've been looking for. One word of warning when you open it be prepared for the potent rubber smell, make sure there is a window open. The smell does go away but it can be a bit disconcerting when first opened. Cant complain it does what it says on the box.

Page: 1 | 2