Profile for Greybeard > Reviews

Crysis 3 (PC DVD)
Crysis 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars DIRECTX 11 ONLY!!!!!, 17 Oct 2014
This review is from: Crysis 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The description of this product is lacking an important detail. It may well be capable of running on Vista but it should also very definitely say DIRECTX 11 ONLY. I've run all the previous Crysis titles and enjoyed them, but this requires a graphics card that has DIRECTX 11 support in the hardware. So the bottom line is I cannot run it. If you have slightly older hardware it probably will not run. It is not a question of loading software: you need new hardware.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2014 4:28 PM GMT

Assassin's Creed 3 (PC DVD)
Assassin's Creed 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Dealz

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst installation experience ever !!!!!, 9 Oct 2014
I have just spent about four hours installing this game. The DVDs install in about an hour, then starts the patching nightmare. At the time of writing there are 6 patches to be installed - INDIVIDUALLY. You cannot move forward to playing the game until the patches are installed. Each takes about 30 minutes.Then the when you think that the game is ready to play, you find that the uplay online game verification system does not work. A trawl on google leads to uninstalling the uplay just loaded by the game and a new one being installed from a download. Whoopee, I thought, the game must be ready to play. I played through the first five minutes and the game crashed!. I was able to restart it and continue from the crash point.

I like the earlier AC games, but this initial experience with AC3 got me so annoyed with the ineptitude of the installation system. What is wrong with distributing cumulative patches? What is wrong with the auto-patch actually repairing the game launcher uplay as well?

I hope the game is worth it!

Firebird
Firebird

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Firebird (Kindle Edition)
Exciting debut novel. Bought his following novel.

Hour Game (King and Maxwell Book 2)
Hour Game (King and Maxwell Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent read, 16 Jun 2014
The story is a bit convoluted. There are lots of twists, perhaps too many. The book was about 10% too long for the story.

The Iron Man
The Iron Man

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 3 April 2014
This review is from: The Iron Man (Kindle Edition)
This was a very cheap book. It was in the 'At that price I'll give it a try category'. What a surprise. It is well written with an interesting plot. There are some holes in the plot but they are forgiveable. I liked it a lot and would read more by this guy but there do not seem to be any. Shame.

Jigsaw (87th Precinct)
Jigsaw (87th Precinct)

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of my time, 3 April 2014
Ed McBain is a name that I was well aware of from many years ago. I know he is a big seller. I cannot believe how badly written and badly plotted this book is. There is no way that I would look at another of his books.

High Hopes CD+DVD [Region 0]
High Hopes CD+DVD [Region 0]

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, 3 April 2014
By no means his best album. It is pleasant enough but Bruce can do so much better. By contrast the DVD was excellent.

Mad Men - Season 6 [DVD]
Mad Men - Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jon Hamm

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it., 3 April 2014
This review is from: Mad Men - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought the first 5 series for my wife a couple of years ago. She was hooked. Our children bought this for her this year. She is still hooked,

The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy
The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 3 April 2014
I bought this because of The Black House That is without doubt the best book that I have read in the last ten years. Like The Black House, the story switches between past and present and brings two tales together in a masterful way. The language is evocative of the landscape and the people. I usually read 'boy's own' thrillers which this most definitely is not. Interestingly my wife found this as good as I did.

The other two books in this series are every bit as good.

The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy
The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 3 April 2014
I bought this because of reading reviews of the best sellers. This is without doubt the best book that I have read in the last ten years. The story switches between past and present and brings the two tales together in a masterful way. The language is evocative of the landscape and the people. I usually read 'boy's own' thrillers which this most definitely is not. Interestingly my wife found this as good as I did.

The other two books in this series are every bit as good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9