Profile for Greybeard > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Firebird
Firebird

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Firebird (Kindle Edition)
Exciting debut novel. Bought his following novel.

Hour Game
Hour Game

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent read, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Hour Game (Kindle Edition)
The story is a bit convoluted. There are lots of twists, perhaps too many. The book was about 10% too long for the story.

The Iron Man
The Iron Man

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 3 April 2014
This review is from: The Iron Man (Kindle Edition)
This was a very cheap book. It was in the 'At that price I'll give it a try category'. What a surprise. It is well written with an interesting plot. There are some holes in the plot but they are forgiveable. I liked it a lot and would read more by this guy but there do not seem to be any. Shame.

Jigsaw (87th Precinct)
Jigsaw (87th Precinct)

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of my time, 3 April 2014
Ed McBain is a name that I was well aware of from many years ago. I know he is a big seller. I cannot believe how badly written and badly plotted this book is. There is no way that I would look at another of his books.

High Hopes CD+DVD [Region 0]
High Hopes CD+DVD [Region 0]

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, 3 April 2014
By no means his best album. It is pleasant enough but Bruce can do so much better. By contrast the DVD was excellent.

Mad Men - Season 6 [DVD]
Mad Men - Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jon Hamm

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it., 3 April 2014
This review is from: Mad Men - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought the first 5 series for my wife a couple of years ago. She was hooked. Our children bought this for her this year. She is still hooked,

The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy
The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 3 April 2014
I bought this because of The Black House That is without doubt the best book that I have read in the last ten years. Like The Black House, the story switches between past and present and brings two tales together in a masterful way. The language is evocative of the landscape and the people. I usually read 'boy's own' thrillers which this most definitely is not. Interestingly my wife found this as good as I did.

The other two books in this series are every bit as good.

The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy
The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 3 April 2014
I bought this because of reading reviews of the best sellers. This is without doubt the best book that I have read in the last ten years. The story switches between past and present and brings the two tales together in a masterful way. The language is evocative of the landscape and the people. I usually read 'boy's own' thrillers which this most definitely is not. Interestingly my wife found this as good as I did.

The other two books in this series are every bit as good.

The Ben Hope Collection: 6 BOOK SET
The Ben Hope Collection: 6 BOOK SET

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy's Own Fun and Games, 3 April 2014
I bought this set of six full-length books at a knock-down price. I had not read any on Mariani's stuff before this. Excellent escapist nonsense. When I finished this set I immediately bought the next two books. Anyone who likes James Rollins, Andy McDermott, Stev Berry will like him. Also try his supernatural books under the name Scott G Mariani.

Jessica Mcclintock For Women By Jessica Mcclintock 3 Pc. Gift Set
Jessica Mcclintock For Women By Jessica Mcclintock 3 Pc. Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars A Favourite, 3 April 2014
I used to travel frequently to the USA in the '90s. I bought this for my wife on more than visit. This is one of her favourite perfumes. I was delighted to be able to buy it here in the UK.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9