Profile for Greybeard > Reviews

The Nickle Nackle Tree
The Nickle Nackle Tree
by Lynley Dodd

4.0 out of 5 stars A counting book, 30 April 2010
This review is from: The Nickle Nackle Tree (Paperback)
Lynley Dodd is my favourite children's author. This is a simple counting book with vibrant pictures and simple child-friendly rhymes.

Zachary Quack Minimonster (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
Zachary Quack Minimonster (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
by Lynley Dodd

4.0 out of 5 stars Another little gem, 30 April 2010
Another winner from Lynley Dodd. Bright interesting pictures with a simple story with repeating elements. We like it.

Call of Juarez (PC DVD)
Call of Juarez (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm Clint Eastwood, 8 Mar. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
If Clint Eastwood was a video game then this is it. Its very reminiscent of his man-with-no name movies. I'm about half way through the game just now so that's all I can comment on.

The graphics are a bit stylized but good enough to convince. The game-play is really very varied. I've not come across the idea of alternately playing as two different characters to tell the story. The story is really quite good with decent cutscenes developing the story.

Its original and involving.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (PC DVD)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by RCDiscs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Viva? Las Vegas, 8 Mar. 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Not as good as the original Las Vegas game. In fact its very repetitive (as I suppose the original was). Good graphics. I prefer the GRAW series.

Crysis (PC DVD)
Crysis (PC DVD)
Offered by CDandVinyl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game - Lousy DVD, 26 Feb. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crysis (PC DVD) (Computer Game)
I loved Far Cry. This is better. Great graphics and its even got a storyline. It needs a powerful system (cpu and graphics) to play it. I'd recommend that you try the 'can you run it' web site to check that your system can cope.

Unfortunately the disc pressing and the copy-protection system let it down. This is the ONLY game disc I've ever had any problems reading. Immediately after installing the game, the game could not recognize the disc (which it requires to play). It tells me the disc is not the original.

A little googling on 'crysis disc not recognized' will tell you the size of the problem. There is of course a really simple workaround to the disc misreading problem and you'll find it by following that google search.

Filtrete FAP04 Ultra Slim Room Air Purifier - Ioniser and Air Quality Sensor - Room Size 16 m2

5.0 out of 5 stars No more hayfever, 16 Nov. 2009
My wife has had hayfever-like symptoms every evening for a long time. We installed this air purifier in our lounge/diner (about 80 cu m) about three weeks ago. No more sneezing or runny nose. We should have done this a long time ago.

Everybody Knows
Everybody Knows

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem, 26 July 2009
This review is from: Everybody Knows (Audio CD)
Like a previous reviewer, I saw this lady on the Leonard Cohen show and thought how good she sounded. I am a great fan of Jennifer Warnes (an earlier backing singer for LC) and expected something similar from this album. In fact it is far more 'late-night'. The highspots are definitely the songs she co-wrote with LC but it is all high quality stuff. If you like LC's lyrical stuff then you will like this. I will be watching for her next album.

Deeper Still
Deeper Still
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 13 July 2009
This review is from: Deeper Still (Audio CD)
BNC writes wonderful words with beautiful melodies. Her concerts tend to be relatively intimate affairs that I heartily recommend.

You Hold The Key
You Hold The Key
Offered by horizons-usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 13 July 2009
This review is from: You Hold The Key (Audio CD)

Beth Nielsen Chapman
Beth Nielsen Chapman
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 13 July 2009
This review is from: Beth Nielsen Chapman (Audio CD)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10