Profile for Tiovina > Reviews

Content by Tiovina

Tiovina "Caroline Dudley" (Kings Lynn)

Page: 1 | 2
The Miniaturist
The Miniaturist
by Jessie Burton

3.0 out of 5 stars Get through the first bit and you'l'l be fine., 2 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Miniaturist (Paperback)
This book is a bit slow to start with but if you can get through the first 100 pages (my personal criterion) it's worth it. The final denouement I found was not entirely satisfying, but all in all, quite compelling - a good read and gives an excellent view of late C17th Amsterdam.

Ladies Short Sleeved Long Poly/Cotton Nightdress. Blue, Pink or Lilac Floral Print. Sizes 10-12 12-14 16-18 20-22 24-26 28-30 (10-12, BLUE)
Offered by one-stop-eshop

4.0 out of 5 stars However I can wear it quite comfortably. Also the poly/cotton mix - 70% polyester - ..., 3 July 2015
I am a size 10 so the size 10/12 was a little too large. However I can wear it quite comfortably. Also the poly/cotton mix - 70% polyester - I had expected a higher cotton content, but having washed it a couple of times the fabric is softer now. It was good to find a nightdress, rather than a nightshirt, at a good price

The History Boys [DVD] [2006]
The History Boys [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Richard Griffiths
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 23 Jan. 2014
This DVD is great fun, and evocative of the time in which it is set. Richard Griffiths turns in an excellent performance and the supporting cast play off each other with great accomplishment.

The History Boys
The History Boys
by Alan Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly funny, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The History Boys (Paperback)
Alan Bennett's writing is witty and elegant at the same time. His delineation of character is excellent. Although I had seen the DVD some years ago, I bought this text to help tutor Year 10 students.

Eloise
Eloise
by Judy Finnigan

3.0 out of 5 stars Daphne du Maurier it's not, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Eloise (Paperback)
This was a book prescribed by my local book club, but none of us thought it was brilliant. It is an OK pot-boiler, but I wouldn't recommend it, nor would I be keen to read any more work by this author.

The Flying Pig
The Flying Pig

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Flying Pig (Audio CD)
This kind of music is not my thing, but I bought the CD as a gift and the recipient was thrilled to bits with it. However, there seemed to be some kind of glitch with the despatch, as I received an email from Amazon to say it had not been despatched when it should have been, but it did arrive a couple of days later, so all was well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2014 1:23 PM BST

GCSE English WJEC Reading Non-Fiction Texts Answers (for Workbook) Foundation: Answer Book: Foundation Level
by Richard Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading!, 14 Dec. 2013
Well of course, it saves a lot of time, and also lets
you as the tutor know where the examiners are coming from, so you can help your students.

GCSE English WJEC Reading Non-Fiction Texts Workbook - Foundation: Non Fiction and Media: Foundation Level
by Richard Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 14 Dec. 2013
An excellent workbook, when teamed with the study guide. One of my students is struggling towards a C Grade and this is really helping him

One Hundred Favourite Poems: Poems for all occasions, chosen by Classic FM listeners
by Classic Fm

3.0 out of 5 stars A conservative anthology, 14 Dec. 2013
It is what it says it is - 100 Favourite Poems - but mostly chosen, I think, by people who do not read much modern poetry, therefore a little unimaginative. However, it will keep its place on my bookshelf.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2015 2:12 PM GMT

About a Boy
About a Boy
by Nick Hornby
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Why a set text?, 22 May 2013
I bought this as I tutor school students, and one was studying this text for GCSE. Reading the book was no hardship but why it was chosen as a set text, I have no idea. I could have suggested many other books with more interesting plotlines/settings and vocabulary. I have not see the film but the student had, and said the film was better than the book. That has to be a first!

It was the first time I had purchased a used book via Amazon, and I was very satisfied with the condition of the book and speed of delivery.

Page: 1 | 2