Profile for urbanchick > Reviews

Lovely Plants VS Zombies Plush Toy Doll Pea shooter 28cm
Offered by Goson's Inc.
Price: 5.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Falling apart, 20 April 2014
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Terrible quality. Within a day of receiving this toy (which took 12 days to arrive from China) I was repairing seam after seam as they split open. It was squashed in its delivery bag so its neck is very bent. My son will not allow me to return it for a refund as he is very attached to it.

TravelJohn Disposable Urinal Bag - 6 x 3-Pack
TravelJohn Disposable Urinal Bag - 6 x 3-Pack
Price: 20.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a huge difference to my camping holidays, 3 Aug 2012
This has removed the last barrier to camping for me - the night time loo trip. I find it agonising to make that walk to the loos in the dark, half asleep. This is fabulous. Simply wee into a bag (do it over a towel if you are worried about missing) it has a shaped plastic opening that you hold against your body so easy to get it right. The bag contains gel crystals just like a nappy, which solidify the urine immediately. If you don't do a huge wee you can even use it again. Then just chuck it in the bin the next morning. Takes up alot less room than a camping loo and more discreet.

Whiz Freedom
Whiz Freedom
Offered by Service Champions
Price: 7.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful!, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: Whiz Freedom (Misc.)
Amazing piece of kit. I am sure it is great for trekking, etc. but I use it solely for grotty foreign public loos. As long as you use it the right way up (read the instructions!) it is virtually drip free and you just keep it in a plastic bag until you get some privacy to give it a rinse. I chose this over the Shewee based on slightly more encouraging reviews and better colour choice, but I doubt there is much in it.

ZSIG Zsignet 10ft (3M) Multisport Mini Net
ZSIG Zsignet 10ft (3M) Multisport Mini Net

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality item, versatile, 3 Aug 2012
This is a fabulous garden game. Easy to put up and take down. Robust, oozes quality. Took it camping and it has been great. Highly recommend you pay extra for the badminton option. We have used this the most as our garden is small and we don't want any broken windows.

Magnetic Hangman
Magnetic Hangman
Offered by Wicked Mania
Price: 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with a few irritations, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: Magnetic Hangman (Kitchen & Home)
Such a great game for kids to play. Magnetic stick on parts appeals to my kids' reluctance to put pen to paper. But the tin is a nightmare to open. Have the snakes and ladders version of this product and the lid buckled when I finally opened it. Obviously it becomes a bit useless if you lose any of the magnetic body parts in the car.....

Harry Potter Dark Mark Death Eater Temporary TATTOO
Harry Potter Dark Mark Death Eater Temporary TATTOO
Offered by Quite Bizarre Collectables
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Harry Potter accessory, 3 Aug 2012
My boys LOVED these. Lasted as long as any other temporary tattoos and easy to apply. I have bought 2 lots so far....

Timex Originals Central Park cream dial with purple nylon strap watch - T2N648PF

3.0 out of 5 stars Dial too large, 3 Aug 2012
Nice enough watch but not really suitable for a lady's wrist. Mine is average size but the dial on this watch was absolutely huge on me. Shame as I loved the strap colour. Unfortunately I had to return it.

Celestron 31042 Astromaster 114EQ Reflector Telescope
Celestron 31042 Astromaster 114EQ Reflector Telescope
Price: 99.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, other reviews misleading, 9 April 2012
After reading all the reviews here on this telescope I have to conclude that a considerable number of the reviews are fake. In fact I will never again take a review at face value, as so many of these have to be plants.
This telescope is simply not powerful enough to view any planets with reasonable clarity. It took ages to set up, instructions were dreadful. The finderscope is tedious to use and when you have it positioned correctly you just have to breathe and it moves again. I was eventually able to get a great view of the moon but you definitely need a moon filter as it is too bright to look at for any length of time without it. I could not see Saturn's rings. Overall it is not worth the money. As others have said a goid pair of binoculars would be money better spent. My Dad borrowed it and found the same, but said it was superb for terrestrial viewing, e.g. watching wildlife.
I am now extremely suspicious of reviews that are gushing about a product, paticularly if grammar and spelling are perfect. Be warned.....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2014 3:50 PM GMT

Ecco Jaffna 350703, Women's Zip-Up Boots
Ecco Jaffna 350703, Women's Zip-Up Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite, 8 Jan 2012
Such gorgeous boots, I already have them in black and was really pleased to find in brown for an unbeatable price. I was nervous about the colour, as the photos make them look orangey brown but, as I hoped, they are actually a normal dark brown. Very comfortable and stable for such a heel.

The Black Hole - Cello Spike Floor Protector
The Black Hole - Cello Spike Floor Protector
Offered by Northern Music Online
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, 18 Dec 2011
Just a great little product, works very well on our wooden floor. Starts to slip when it collects dust, but a quick rinse and it's back to full effectiveness. Good value, portable, durable, highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2