Profile for Jimmy switch > Reviews

Content by Jimmy switch

Jimmy switch

Page: 1 | 2
The Diary Of An Expectant, Hapless & Inexperienced Father: Pregnancy - nine months
Price: 3.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminds me of my thoughts and feelings in fatherhood., 11 April 2014
I really enjoyed all 3 of these books.
Nice to read how Charlie, Graham and Alison get on through pregnancy and parenthood, from the perspective of the father.
Reminds me of my thoughts and feelings in fatherhood
Well worth a read

The Diary Of An Inexperienced Father: months 4-9 (The Diary Of A Father Book 3)
The Diary Of An Inexperienced Father: months 4-9 (The Diary Of A Father Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased to see this third one released, 24 Feb 2014
I read the first two of this collection, so I was pleased to see the third released. It’s slightly different in that things seem to be going ok on the outside of this book, although as we go along, we still see the same tragic Graham trying to make things right. I enjoyed the ending of this one a bit more than the others, it has to be said.

The Complete Pete: The First eBookshelf - all 8 books - Pete Sortwell 2012/13
The Complete Pete: The First eBookshelf - all 8 books - Pete Sortwell 2012/13
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars All really funny, 24 Feb 2014
I enjoyed all the books in this collection, for the price they are all together, it's a great deal.

The idiot Reviews are a collection of four books all written as if someone were leaving a review of a product on Amazon. There are two set in a Village, one in an office and one satirical one set about the UK Government.

The romantic comedies here are about a little guy who can't get a girlfriend. He pretends to be blind to get one, gets one and in the second book manages to keep her. These are very funny and very different, as in I've never read anything like them before.

The Father books tell the tale of pregnancy and the first three months of a baby's life through the eyes of a man. I enjoyed these books the most and am awaiting the follow up.

All the books are really funny and although sometimes dealing with difficult situations or issues, it's done in a tactful and humorous way.

It's All Fucking Shit: Angry Dave's Bollocking Boxset
It's All Fucking Shit: Angry Dave's Bollocking Boxset
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This guys angry (and funny), 7 Feb 2014
** it's all bollocks**
This guy is angry (and funny)
if there's one thing i like it's a good comedy rant. This boo has various subjects, all of which seem to upset Dave. I've felt a few of the frustrations myself so it was nice to see that it wasn't just me who hated virgin media or the NHS.
**its all a load of shit**
Hands down the best book I’ve bought all month

Sometimes Love. . . (A laugh out Loud Romantic Comedy Box Set)
Sometimes Love. . . (A laugh out Loud Romantic Comedy Box Set)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed them both, 9 Dec 2013
Dating In The Dark

A good read. I'm not really a love story kind of chap, but seeing as how the other books I'd read by this author made me laugh, I thought I'd get this. I'm glad I did. There's very little in this not to like, Jason isn't even as bad as he sounds. I thought he'd be a right book end but he is not that bad, he just wants a bit of love. the jokes are there, the plot is there, if you like a laugh and a love story I'd recommend this

Bride and Gloom

I read the first in the series of Sometimes love... and although it seemed like it would be a bit girlie, it wasn't. I really enjoyed it so was happy when Amazon emailed me to let me know the follow up was out.

In this one Jason and his mates all go on a stag trip to Liverpool. It has disaster written all over it. The humour of the first one is there and if I may say so this one is a little bit more realistic than the first. It all ends, as the title suggests with a wedding. What I would say is, if you liked the first one, you'll definitely like this one too.

It's All A Load Of Shit: The world according to Angry Dave 2
It's All A Load Of Shit: The world according to Angry Dave 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down the best book I've bought all month, 20 Nov 2013
I've only had my Kindle a month but I've really got into it. I like nothing more than searching the humour pages and have found some gems. This is the best of the lot though. There's some genuinely laugh out loud moments in it. Much more than the books I've seen with `LOL' written in the title anyway. Do yourself a favour. Buy it.

Bride And Gloom: sometimes love is better off blind. (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Sequel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it, 3 Nov 2013

The Diary Of A Hapless Father: months 0-3 (The Diary Of A Father Book 2)
The Diary Of A Hapless Father: months 0-3 (The Diary Of A Father Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hapless father, 7 Sep 2013
I've read both of these books now and they're both good reads. It really puts you into the mind of a first time dad. There's a lot of stuff in there that struck me as true and being someone who plans to have children, I was glad to get the final message of this book, which to me is 'It's going to be OK'

It's All Bollocks: the world according to Angry Dave
It's All Bollocks: the world according to Angry Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars This guy is angry. (And funny), 29 Aug 2013
if there's one thing i like it's a good comedy rant. This boo has various subjects, all of which seem to upset Dave. I've felt a few of the frustrations myself so it was nice to see that it wasn't just me how hated virgin media or the NHS.

The Diary Of An Expectant Father (The Diary Of A Father Book 1)
The Diary Of An Expectant Father (The Diary Of A Father Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest account of someone out of his depth, 15 Aug 2013
I've read a couple of this guy's books. This one tops them though. It was so nice to be able to read what pregnancy is like for a man in this surprisingly honest account of someone who is completely out his depth. There's no doubt this comes from experience and I have a feeling that most of what's written here is the sort of thing that men keep to themselves during the most important nine months of their life.

Page: 1 | 2