Profile for Kathy's Cupcakes > Reviews

Content by Kathy's Cupcakes

Kathy's Cupcakes

Set of metal baking / sugarcraft/ sugarpaste alphabet cookie cutters by Kurtzy TM
Offered by Petallica

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described!, 1 Feb 2013
I already have a set of metal alphabet cutters that measure 1 inch. I was looking for something bigger so when I read that these are 2 inches I thought they would be ideal. However when they arrived they looked small so I measured them - they are 1 inch the same as the set I already have!

Pack of 25 Clear Cupcake Boxes for 1 Cupcake with Clear Incert
Pack of 25 Clear Cupcake Boxes for 1 Cupcake with Clear Incert
Offered by Weddingandpartystore

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the design, not sure about the plastic, 19 July 2012
When these first arrived I was a little worried about the clarity of the acetate until I realised that each box and insert is covered with a protective film. This is fairly easy to see on the box, but almost invisible on the insert, so to remove it you need to pick at one corner and it then comes away easily. These are great boxes for displaying cakes as they can be seen from all angles. One small problem I found, while assembling the boxes it's difficult not to leave fingerprints on them and the material they are made from seems to be a magnet for lint and bits of fluff so you have to keep wiping them to make sure they're clean!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good quality, 8 Jun 2012
I ordered this table so that I could have a market stall at our local Diamond Jubilee event. When the table arrived, there was a dent in the plastic top. I contacted the supplier and was asked to email photographic evidence of the damage, which I did. I was then offered the option of a partial refund of £10 or a replacement table. I asked for a replacement table. Unfortunately when table number 2 arrived it was even more badly damaged than the first - one corner was completely smashed. I sent a photo to the supplier and was offered the same option as before. I asked for a replacement table. When table 3 arrived it was undamaged (hurrah!) the only problem was, when I opened it out there was a gap down the middle of about 5mm because the two halves didn't meet properly, and you could actually see daylight through it. I contacted the supplier and had to accept the offer of a partial refund because there wasn't enough time to get another table. After 3 attempts, I still don't have a perfect table. I've had to make 2 trips to the local tip, and spend 2 extra days waiting in for a courier delivery. The customer service department is very helpful, but I couldn't recommend this product as it is obviously so easily damaged. As a final point, the table top isn't really white, it's a greyish white with faint blue flecks!

Marabou Feather Trim - Black 2 metre Pack
Marabou Feather Trim - Black 2 metre Pack
Offered by Fred Aldous Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully soft, a good quality product., 9 Feb 2012
I was looking for a fun product to decorate my niece's 21st birthday cake and this certainly did the job. It made a lovely decoration and I'm really pleased I chose it. It's very soft but at the same time quite strong so it won't fall to bits easily. Would definitely recommend it to others.

Andrew James 1000 WATT Electric Silver Food Stand Mixer With Splash Guard and 5.2 Litre Bowl + Spatula + 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but value for money, 28 Jan 2012
I do a lot of baking and after getting through 3 hand mixers, I decided it was time to take the plunge and get a "proper" machine. I couldn't afford a Kenwood or Kitchenaid so when I read all the positive reviews on the Andrew James I decided it was too good to miss. I really wanted to like this machine, but I have to agree with one of the other reviewers who described it as "disappointing" - it just doesn't mix that well. It mixes the middle of the cake mixture, the rest gets pushed up the sides of the bowl and stays there. To get all the ingredients mixed, you have to stop the machine and push it back down with a spatula then start again. I end up doing a lot of it by hand to make sure it's all done properly - electric hand mixers actually do a better job.

Pink and Black Handbag and Shoes Birthday Cake Topper 16th 18th 21st, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th
Offered by Karenskakes

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning cake decoration, 28 Jan 2012
I bought this to add to my niece's 21st birthday cake and I'm really glad I did. It's absolutely beautiful and gives that "wow" factor that I was looking for. Would definitely recommend it.

Koziol Babell Large Etagere, Solid White
Koziol Babell Large Etagere, Solid White

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cupcake stand ever!, 27 Jun 2011
I run a cupcake business so have tried many different types of stand. This one is the best by far!
The "mexican hat" style means it can be assembled in seconds unlike some tiered stands which are
fiddly to build. You can space your cupcakes how you like unlike the stands with holders which
sometimes mean the cakes are too close together. It is super stylish and amazingly light which
is a bonus if you need to transport it. All in all a brilliant design, really pleased with it.