Profile for AJS > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Bodymould 2" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Bodymould 2" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect for our needs, 19 Oct. 2014
Absolutely perfect for our needs.
We had a terrible Ikea mattress and you could feel every spring, putting this 2" topper on and suddenly the bed is fantastic. I was genuinely amazed at the difference it makes. However, I'm not 100% sure this is really memory foam as it doesn't seem to retain an imprint? Despite this I would definitely recommend it.

2 Set of 5 Canon Compatible CLI526, PGI525, Printing Ink Cartridges - for CANON PIXMA IP4850 IP4950 MG5150 MG5250 MG5350 MG6150 MG6220 MG6250 MG8150 MG8220 MG8250 MX885 IX6550 Printer Inks PGI 525BK, CLI 526Y, CLI 526M, CLI 526C, CLI 526BK,) WITH CHIP READY FOR USE
Offered by ECS Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Addressing the review below: I believe we got ours ..., 19 Oct. 2014
Addressing the review below: I believe we got ours from Odyssey Supplied.
The came quickly and work perfectly with our MG5330 and obviously are significantly cheaper. I will order again when the time comes.

EasyAcc® 7W Portable Solar Charger Panel for Cell Phone iPhone Android Smartphone Samsung Galaxy HTC Bluetooth Speakers
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

4.0 out of 5 stars The panel itself is a good size for a backpack and has a handy pocket ..., 19 Oct. 2014
As per other review - the solar panels appear to be slightly scratched on delivery however this doesn't seem to affect the results. I used it mid-september on a clear afternoon and it charged my Galaxy S3 40% in a couple of hours. The panel itself is a good size for a backpack and has a handy pocket for the cable (although a USB to micro-USB cable wasn't included with mine, worth buying one at the same time for about 90p).
Overall pleased with it so far.

Genuine Blackberry Micro USB Mains Charger
Genuine Blackberry Micro USB Mains Charger
Offered by M SOLUTIONS

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirt cheap but the quality appears to be good. Very long cable which is handy, 19 Oct. 2014
Dirt cheap but the quality appears to be good. Very long cable which is handy. Has worked to charge Samsung S3, Surface tablet and Kindle without problems.

TeckNet® 7.1 Channel Surround Sound Headband Vibration Gaming Headset Over-Ear Headphone With Microphone For PC Computer Gaming, USB Connection
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

4.0 out of 5 stars The headset itself is excellent. I find it comfortable to wear, 19 Oct. 2014
The headset itself is excellent. I find it comfortable to wear, even over glasses and the sound quality is very good. The only downside is the bundled software which is limited and not at all intuitive. It's also difficult to test if it is working correctly. I'd recommend downloading "Razer Synapse" (top result of Google) which is free virtual surround sound software (with a payware upgrade). The combination of this headset and software works brilliantly.

Leap Motion Controller (Interacts with your Mac or PC)
Leap Motion Controller (Interacts with your Mac or PC)
Offered by Elegant accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Toy - Not For Mainstream Yet, 19 Sept. 2013
As the first device on to market that does this it's a fantastic proof of concept, unfortunately it's not quite ready for the masses yet.

First off, since I got it 2 weeks ago there have been 2 updates both of which have improved the responsiveness considerably. It's good to see the company continually updating the product.

Physically the leap motion looks great, small and discrete. Personally I've positioned mine between the keyboard and the screen. This way I can use it my resting my elbows on my desk and it doesn't pick up unwanted movement when I type.

Setup is easy and downloads the latest software from the Airspace store which itself is slick and easy to use.

I've almost exclusively used the leap motion with GameWave which is an app you can download for the airspace store for ~$5 and one I'd highly recommend. It enables you to customise your movements to any keyboard/mouse movements you want. For example, if I circle my left finger it changes the current track playing. This is great when I'm in a full screen programme and means I don't have to change to my music player. Similarly mouse movements and web page scrolling are controlled with my right and left hands respectively.

With the Leap motion and GameWave controlling Windows is relatively easy, if a little slow due to occasional errors. Particularly I can navigate numerous internet sites solely using the leap motion which shows the accuracy of the pointing and ease of use. Similarly there are great examples online of controlling games such as Skyrim using the Leap Motion, unfortunately I haven't had time to try this myself.

However, beyond a few choice apps there seems to be limited use of the Leap Motion in day to day life. I hope that as the controller gets more popular and integrated by default in to hardware (a laptop is now out with the leap motion integrated) ingenious programmers will come up with many useful apps for the mass market.

To summarise, a fun toy and a great proof of concept but it may be a while before it finds its place in daily use.

LG 24EA53VQ 24-inch Widescreen LED IPS Monitor
LG 24EA53VQ 24-inch Widescreen LED IPS Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic screen - cheaper stand, 24 Jun. 2013
This will just be another review repeating what others, also I'm not a guru on screens so this is based on my eye:
-Visually this screen is excellent, even playing games (Arkham City, F1 2012 etc.) there appears to be little/no ghosting that I can discern (5ms response time) and the colours are vivid and have a good range.
-As others have mentioned the stand isn't great with tilt adjustment and it allows the screen to wobble around a bit, particularly when typing on a wobbly desk! However it doesn't feel like it will break apart/fall over so no major complaint.
-I found the settings menu slightly non-intuitive to navigate but it provides all the necessary functionality I in theory you only need to use it once.

Despite its drawbacks at the price I paid (£120), which was £30-40 cheaper than the nearest competitors, I would definitely recommend this screen. I'll be buying a second if the Amazon price drops again.

Corsair Carbide Series 300R CC-9011014-WW Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Corsair Carbide Series 300R CC-9011014-WW Mid-Tower Gaming Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, 24 Jun. 2013
I was looking for a budget gaming case which suited my needs of USB 3.0 ports on the front, decent airflow and a simple black look (I'm not one for flashy lights and perspex panels!)

The Corsair 300R fits all of my needs perfectly. The matt black finish looks stylish and discrete. The case has quick fitting ports for CD/DVD drives which slide and lock in to place, as well as a clever HDD mounting system which has trays that pull out and (removable) pins either side to secure a full size HDD. The downside of these is the SSD I purchased was too small to fit using the pin arrangement so these had to be removed and the SSD was fitted using screw holes provided on the tray (the necessary screws came with the case)

The front layout is good with the USB 3.0, headphone, microphone and power button/reset buttons at the top, the cables supplied are a good length to reach to the corners of the motherboard. The "cable management system" consists of several cut outs in the internal support structure which are remarkably effective in giving positions to bring cables in from behind the motherboard. On the non-motherboard side of the case there is enough room between the removable panel and the support structure to coil unnecessary cables.

Finally the 2 supplied fans are well positioned and seem to provide plenty of airflow, particularly with the additional meshed areas on the top and side of the case which can be used to mount additional fans (again screws are included for this purpose).

In summary it provides excellent room, features and looks for a very decent price, I would recommend it to others.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Top, 5 Mar. 2013
Nice top with high visibility. Pockets are large and the one with the zip is large enough for my smartphone. Only downside is it's quite baggy on me but length seems okay. I'm 5'6" with a 36" chest.

Autoleads Mercedes/Ford Car Stereo Radio Removal Keys Pc5-132
Autoleads Mercedes/Ford Car Stereo Radio Removal Keys Pc5-132
Offered by RadioWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine, 5 Mar. 2013
First off there are only 2keys in the packet. This is stated in the description but I failed to read it properly and got caught out!

The actual keys are reasonable quality, perhaps a bit thin as others have commented but I didn't feel they were ever going to break.

Couple of tips for those using them on a Ford Focus 2006 with a 6000CD:

Curved side of the key faces the centre of the radio.
Once in it's nearly impossible to get the keys out without pulling the radio out so you're basically committed once you put one key in. This is because they lock in place when you insert them enabling you to pull the radio out.
On my radio model you had to pull the rings apart (away from the centre of the radio) to disconnect the radio then pull towards the rear of the car to pull the radio out. I would recommend doing this on one side then the other.
Once the radio is out I found the wiring harness was a bit short so I didn't have the greatest access until I had unplugged the aerial (blue on the left) and main wiring loom (via a lever on the back). Not a major issue though.

Overall the keys did exactly as advertised and much cheaper than going to Ford direct so overall very happy.

Page: 1 | 2