Profile for Mrs. C. L. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. L. Smith

Mrs. C. L. Smith "Cath" (UK)

Slazenger V360 Cricket Set - 3
Slazenger V360 Cricket Set - 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 30 May 2013
Can't believe the price of this - an absolute bargain. Didn't expect much for £7 but it arrived promptly, came in a range of sizes and is good quality. Comes with bat (size 3 just right for my 5 and 8 year olds), bails (as one piece), stumps and 2 tennis-style balls. A fantastic starter set. Kids very happy. Would recommend highly for anyone with kids starting out in cricket.

Mosquito
Mosquito
Offered by davehopetrading

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Mosquito (Audio CD)
Just a fantastic album from start to finish. "Sacrilege" remains my song of the year so far. Highly recommended to all music lovers.

The Brightness of Stars: Stories of Adults Who Came Through The British Care System

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 30 May 2013
As a teacher in a main stream school, I found this book both inspirational and thought-provoking. A must for those of us who work with kids from difficult backgrounds.

Mr Creepy Magic Practical Jokes
Mr Creepy Magic Practical Jokes

4.0 out of 5 stars Very popular gift, 30 May 2013
Utterly gross but 7 year olds think it's the funniest thing ever. Bring on the fake poo etc. Some bits are a bit flimsy and probably won't last long. But otherwise very happy kids. Have bought it again since as a gift as it is such a hit!

Scooby Doo The Mummy's Tomb
Scooby Doo The Mummy's Tomb

2.0 out of 5 stars Puzzle fine but no glow!, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: Scooby Doo The Mummy's Tomb (Toy)
The jigsaw puzzle was tricky but doable for my 7 year old, with a bit of help for the first couple of goes. But he was really disappointed that even after shining a bright light on it and shutting all the curtains, it barely glowed at all. Puzzle is fine but the glow is disappointingly pathetic.

Karcher K2.300 T50 Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
Karcher K2.300 T50 Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
Offered by UK ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Works brilliantly on patios!, 6 Jan 2013
Bought this for my husband for Xmas.He is very happy! Our brand new patio was looking awful, covered in brown and green yucky stuff. About an hour (it's a large area) with the Karcher and it looks brand new again. Was worried about stories of pressure washers damaging grouting and stone slabs but the patio attachment prevents this from happening. Not too much effort for a fantastic result. Highly recommended.

Acer Aspire 5750 15.6 inch Notebook (Intel Core i5-2430M Processor, RAM 8GB, HDD 500GB, DVD-Super Multi DL Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy!, 19 Feb 2012
Had my new Acer a week now. Hadn't realised how rubbish my old Dell was until I tried this out. I'm so happy with it! Glad I got the i5 as it's a good speed and seems to cope with everything I throw at it. Streams nicely when watching iPlayer, using Skype, etc. Love the numeric keypad as I use a lot of Excel. Trying to figure out how they have squeezed the number pad in while the whole thing somehow feels bigger than my 15" Dell - very cunning. Like the keyboard, although I have had to get used to where the delete key is. No problem with the position of the power button, and like the USB ports being near the front where I can see clearly when plugging things in. A few Acer add-ons I had to uninstall but no big deal as didn't take long. It is also really light while looking good and feeling solid. Really sharp screen quality and sound seems ok for my needs. Remains cool even after lots of use (unlike my Dell which heated up loads underneath). Really recommend this laptop. (By the way, I got a higher spec for the same price from a certain High St PC retailer!).

Tommee Tippee Easiflow Cup - Pink
Tommee Tippee Easiflow Cup - Pink
Offered by TINASTOYS

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loved this, 7 Jan 2010
My son moved on from the Tommee Tippee First Cup to this cup. He chose it as his favourite from a selection. Very spill proof too with a handy lid. Only problem was that he managed to bite through the spout after a couple of months & I can't get hold of replacement spouts. Recommended overall though.