Profile for T. King > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Lithofin MN Stain-Stop Eco 1ltr
Lithofin MN Stain-Stop Eco 1ltr
Offered by Period Property Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Seals tiles without eating my silicone beading., 23 Feb. 2014
I went for the water based version of Lithofin MN Stainstop after using the solvent based version, which is excellent, but seemed to eat away at the silicone beading in my small wet room.
The first thing I noticed, as expected, there were far less fumes after application.
More importantly, the water beads very well demonstrating excellent waterproofing of the natural stone [Travertine] tiles.
It's been three weeks since application, seems to work very well, I feel very confident that the tiles are more than adequately sealed.
Will probably re-seal more regularly now as this stuff is far more user friendly than the solvent based version.
I deep cleaned the tiles prior to application with Lithofin Power clean which got the 4 year old Travertine like new and will have removed any old tile sealer allowing the new sealer to impregnate fully.
I agonised over the price of both products initially but I'm very pleased with the results of both.

Lithofin POW05 MN Power-Clean 500ml
Lithofin POW05 MN Power-Clean 500ml
Offered by Wide Range Tiles

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but it works., 11 Feb. 2014
I needed to deep clean my natural stone [travertine] tiled wet room prior to re-sealing with Lithofin impregnating sealer as the tiles were particularly discoloured in the shower area, and also to remove the old sealant to allow the new sealant to impregnate fully.
The staining in the shower area has been completely removed by this product and with very little work, after following the simple instructions on the bottle which are also available on the Lithofin website.
This is obviously a very powerful cleaner but without extreme fumes or adverse effects on the stone.
My four year old Travertine wet room is now looking like new, no other cleaner I've used has done this.
At first I was put off by the price but the results gained are well worth it, besides, I've half a bottle left to use in future deep cleans which makes the price seem more affordable.
I nearly went for something cheaper but after seeing these results I'm glad I didn't.

Belkin Energy Saving Smart AV Power Strip
Belkin Energy Saving Smart AV Power Strip

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed., 10 Feb. 2014
My two fibre optic routers stay on, everything else goes off when I switch off the computer, perfect!
Solved the problem of an irritating and pointless flashing power light on my new monitor.

Linens Limited 100% Egyptian Cotton 200 Thread Count Flat Sheet, Cream, Double
Linens Limited 100% Egyptian Cotton 200 Thread Count Flat Sheet, Cream, Double

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 12 Oct. 2013
Will last longer than cheaper sheets for sure, bought one before then bought this one as spare. Would buy again.

Berghaus Rucksack Raincover - Fluorescent Yellow, Small
Berghaus Rucksack Raincover - Fluorescent Yellow, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved by helpful feedback!, 2 Oct. 2013
I won't be using this for some time so can't comment too much yet. Exactly what I wanted, good quality, looks perfect. As usual with Berghaus good product but not cheap.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the reviewers who warned of the ridiculously inaccurate sizing given by Berghaus, which is incredible for a company of this stature. A special thanks to Mr B.J. Bingham who went to the trouble to measure and give us exact dimensions of the so called "small" raincover L70cm
W40cm D30cm.
I was then able to simply measure my bag [ Berghaus Jalan 70+15] which without the 15L daypack is 70L which was exactly these dimensions. it fits perfectly. It also adjusts to slightly larger or smaller using the draw string.
Had I followed Berghaus sizing for 70L I would have ordered the large raincover. I don't know how big that is or what it would fit, a small boat maybe.
I hope to update on how it performs in a tropical downpour as soon as possible.

Happy Beds Divan Bed Set Ortho Royale With 2 Drawers Orthopaedic Mattress 4' Small Double 120 x 190 cm
Offered by Happy Beds

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bed!, 28 Sept. 2013
I'm no expert on beds but I'm very happy with this one! Sturdy and looks good too.
Very easy to put together but I was puzzled for a time about how to fasten the two halves together.
Use the two 20cm gold coloured metal strips, obvious to seasoned furniture assemblers I know, but some instructions for novices like me would have been appreciated.
Use the 4 bolts [two on each side] that are screwed in to the bed sections and use the gold coloured metal strips to join the sections together. Far superior method to my other divan which has those daft little clips underneath.
Delivery procedure seemed ominous at first but I was amazed when everything fell in to place perfectly.
Delighted after seeing divans like this for at least double the price in the shops.
Keep the prices real!

Linens Limited 100% Egyptian Cotton 200 Thread Count Fitted Sheet, Cream, Three Quarter

5.0 out of 5 stars Went back for more!, 23 Sept. 2013
Very good quality cotton, seems like it would last long time. More off-white than cream which I like. After seeing the quality and fit [4ft bed] ordered another one as spare. Firm feel rather than soft but still very comfortable. Good price considering they'll certainly last longer than the cheaper stuff. Perfect fit for my 9 inch mattress with some to spare to tuck under. Would fit deeper say 10 inch or slightly more. If I need sheets/pillows etc I know where to go.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem solved., 21 Sept. 2013
After the rubber seal detached Itself from the previous plug that came with our new sink continually blocking the plug hole I replaced it with one of these - problem over! and one spare in the cupboard - great!

Linens Limited Polycotton Quilted Mattress Protector, Three Quarter
Linens Limited Polycotton Quilted Mattress Protector, Three Quarter

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for 4ft mattress, 6 Sept. 2013
Good quality not too padded, fits all the way round 10 inch mattress with enough spare to tuck under, perfect! Would fit larger 12 inch or more.

Sennheiser PC 230 Multimedia Stereo Sound On-Ear Headset with Noise Cancelling Mic

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly good sound quality, 29 Aug. 2013
Can't believe how good these things sound. Great for movies, music and Skype. Very flimsy look and feel but if you keep them somewhere suitable e.g on a hook or something they'll probably last OK but I don't think they'll take much abuse. Most importantly the sound quality is excellent straight in to my PC without anything else required to "drive" them as with much more expensive larger and higher impedance headsets. I bought these after buying a very expensive gaming headset which sounded very clear but very ordinary because I lacked the required gaming amp, posh sound card, or whatever, to get the best out such a high specification headset. Volume control on the ear piece is something that I wouldn't be without but the see-saw type button used by Logitech is far superior to this type. The small button rotates in a semi-circle which I'm used to now but felt really awkward for a time. The foldaway boom mike is great. The headset I received was faulted in that one of the height adjustable telescopic earpiece sliders has virtually no grip, allowing the earpiece to move up and down rather than stay where set. I could of course have returned it but liked the the headset, sound quality in particular, so much that I just kept it. The price I paid for this headset seems to have been way below normal price and has since doubled on Amazon. I love this headset, shame about that small fault which is mildly irritating. I've had several headsets now for Skype, music and movies, this is probably the best sound quality yet. The price I paid [about £35] was a really good deal. The new price seems steep for this type of lightly made headset but not for the exceptional sound quality. Update - they're back to the low price about £35 [about half price] I can't see you getting sound quality like this at that price anywhere else.

Page: 1 | 2