ARRAY(0xa6f6cb10)

Profile for Mr. D. M. O'flynn > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. M. O'flynn

Mr. D. M. O'flynn "DanO" (London)

SuperLEDTM GU10 LED BULB 5.5W WITH 27 x 5050 SMD LEDs IN WARM WHITE PERFECT FOR REPLACING 50W HALOGEN
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Thought they were great at first....BUT, 27 Oct 2013
I've invested quite heavily into these low energy LED lights as an alternative to Halogen.
At first I was impressed, but only after 4 weeks of use one of the bulbs has already stopped working.

Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera Body Only (16.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera Body Only (16.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Price: 529.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Be aware that D7000's have front/back focusing issues., 12 Jan 2013
I've owned my D7000 for about 10 months now. I have a variety of professional and semi-pro lenses, prior to this I have owned a D200 and D80 and on an occasional shoots I will hire a D3, D3x, D700 etc.

Since owning this camera I have noticed that lenses such as the Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 ED lens, which is fair to say is one of the best lenses Nikon make today, never really seemed to be pin sharp on the D7000 as opposed to what it is say on a D3 or a D700, I put this down to maybe it was due to the D7000's 'lower spec'.

But the other day I stumbled across the 'AF fine tune' tool that can be found in the Setup menu of the D7000. Using the test guide that can be found on the Nikon website. I found that all of my lenses were massively front focusing and all needed to be pulled back using the AF fine tune tool. This has led me to believe that it is clearly a body issue as I had to calibrate back 10 lenses!

I have since done a lot of research online, which I strongly advise you do for yourselves, as it clearly shows this is a BIG problem and is not the case of just a few 'lemons', this issue is also a problem for the D800 and even the D4 too, Nikon are fully aware of this! It's a shame their customers are not.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2013 12:59 PM GMT

Don't touch this book!
Don't touch this book!
by Jan van Helsing

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarity...., 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Don't touch this book! (Hardcover)
If you are an open minded person, then I would definitely recommend this book to you.

I found it to be fascinating and full of a lot of thought provoking information.
Some of this information I already knew of from other sources, but I must credit the Author as he has done a great job explaining this information much clearer to the reader and often further than other sources do, and unlike some, without ego too.

I found this book to my surprise to also be very 'spiritual' and very practical in it's application.

All the best.

Hoodman HOODEYE EYECUP FOR NIKON DSLR (22MM SQUARE)
Hoodman HOODEYE EYECUP FOR NIKON DSLR (22MM SQUARE)
Offered by CameraKing
Price: 22.53

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Junk! Do NOT Buy it!, 20 April 2012
I bought this for my Nikon D7000. Well what can I say other than DO NOT BUY THIS.. When fitted the circular eye piece actually crops/covers the Right hand corners of the viewer!!? Then to top it the piece of junk locks into place making it extremely difficult to remove, so much so that I snapped one off one of the guide runners of the Viewer on my camera body!
All in all another piece of poorly designed junk with a high price tag....I'll be sticking with the Nikon brand from now on thanks.

Wacom Intuos4 Large
Wacom Intuos4 Large

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Digital Artists or Digital Photographers!, 25 Jun 2011
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 Large (Electronics)
Stunning product! Worth every penny!
The Wacom Bamboo range does not come anywhere near to the quality of the Wacom Intous4 range, so responsive and 'real'.

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Sobering..A must watch!!, 4 July 2010
This review is from: Zeitgeist (DVD)
A must watch!! Some may call this a cult movement which is complete rubbish it's just information and information that really helps to 'wake' you up. This is not a conspiracy theory dvd put together by a bunch of wacked out, high hippies, these people are intelligent, level headed beings who just want to help make you more aware of the Truths and Lies in this 'Plastic Society' we 'live' in today. A very important DVD.

Fire: The Jimi Hendrix Collection
Fire: The Jimi Hendrix Collection
Price: 7.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Milk that cash cow!, 10 Jun 2010
Total agreement with everyone else here, just another example of Sony corp' and Janie Hendrix (Jimi's foster sister) milking Jimi dry with no care or respect for his legacy, disgraceful.

Jazz Play Along  Volume 80   Jimi Hendrix All Inst Book/Cd (Hal Leonard Jazz Play-Along)
Jazz Play Along Volume 80 Jimi Hendrix All Inst Book/Cd (Hal Leonard Jazz Play-Along)
by VARIOUS
Price: 12.63

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not JIMI HENDRIX!!, 24 Mar 2010
Beware this is not the JIMI HENDRIX you know and love and these are not the play along versions that are being advertised here they are 'cheesy' jazz versions of this man's amazing music! WHY BOTHER!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2011 2:37 PM BST

Voodoo Soup
Voodoo Soup

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 'Album' released after Jimi's death, no doubt!, 19 Mar 2010
This review is from: Voodoo Soup (Audio CD)
Personally the 'album' released after his death that I think shows the direction he was evolving to the closest was Voodoo Soup - Pali Gap, Midnight, New Rising Sun, Message to Love, In from the Storm, Angel, Peace in Mississippi, Easy Rider, Room full of Mirrors, Night bird flying, Drifting etc. It definitely makes alot of the newer releases ie, Valleys of Neptune sound like a huge step backwards. For sure I know this album got a few digs from the critics for Alan Douglas's tinkerings and over dubs, but a least he had a damn good attempt at creating a polished finished album after Jimi's death, rather than putting out a wacked together demo and calling it an album (ie Valleys of Neptune) on Jimi's behalf .
Personally I think Alan Douglas had great creative vision and I feel Voodoo Soup was a worthy attempt, a good producer doesn't just sit there and push the record button, he's just as much as part of `the team'. And if these tracks we're so `badly over dubbed' etc then why do they appear almost identically sounding on the later reissues under `The JH estate' releases? You won't find a better version of Pali gap than the one on Voodoo Soup and that goes for alot of the other tracks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2013 7:24 PM GMT