Profile for G. M. Maciver > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kilt Roll Travel Bag Black
Kilt Roll Travel Bag Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Moth free, 23 April 2014
Well my old kit had to be remodelled for my son as the moths had a good feed: hence this purchase to safeguard the new and very precious item of Highland dress. It also makes it easy to carry around. Is it better than others? I don't know but it seems to fulfil its desired fuction

Strata Men's 16 Piece Steel Packaged Set - (Black/Red, 8 Kg, 5-SW, Driver And Fairway, Graphite, Right Hand)

5.0 out of 5 stars Son's clubs, 23 April 2014
I bought these for my son and I must say his distance and consistency off the tee has seriously improved: albeit he has been good since a small child the clubs bought an immediately obvious improvement. Pity the putter hasn't helped that aspect.

Life for Rent (Piano / Vocal / Guitar)
Life for Rent (Piano / Vocal / Guitar)
by Dido

4.0 out of 5 stars Good practise, 23 April 2014
Dido does' nice' , easy listening type songs: so nothing complicated. The music is not mundane, although not difficult. Good practise for the aspirant pianist with some interesting pieces

Am-Tech 900W 115mm Angle Grinder and 2 Diamond Discs in BMC
Am-Tech 900W 115mm Angle Grinder and 2 Diamond Discs in BMC
Offered by AP Motor Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 April 2014
Has a bit more oomph than the cheaper end grinders I've had before. It has a box and 2 diamond discs and therefore a better bargain than others,

Rod Stewart: Storyteller: Anthology: 1964-1989
Rod Stewart: Storyteller: Anthology: 1964-1989
by Brian Mandell

5.0 out of 5 stars Good music, varied levels, 4 Dec 2013
This is a very large set of songs and I have not yet had the opportunity to play that many, but have really enjoyed what I have played.

'Handbags and Gladrags', apart from being a favourite song, is actually very interesting to play, others follow a similar pattern to many written by non musicians or guitarists: boring bass, but in a band you may not play the bass lines.

There is definitely a wealth of good songs to play and of sufficient variation to enable the developing player to (well) develop. Playing the songs from this book has definitely helped me progress, Recommended

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits
by Bruce Springsteen
Edition: Sheet music

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to follow, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Sheet music)
I am a fan of the songs of the 'Boss' and do enjoy playing this selection: although some of my favourites (Darkness On The Edge of Town notably) missing.

My own less than 100% ability to follow notation is revealed by the way this book is produced, so beware those who are vague on DSs and DSSs as there is much turning back and searching for the right section to return to / go to / carry on to. I know the fault is in my ability to read the instructions but I must issue this warning to the half decent players out there.

As I say in another review you can tell when songs are written by guitarists (and drummers) as the bass lines are mundane: Bruce's stuff is largely in that category, but I still enjoy the playing if these tunes and seeking to emulate (prof) Roy Bittan and Danny Federicci. Not as difficult as you may think!

The Best of "R.E.M.": In Time 1988 - 2003 (Pvg)
The Best of "R.E.M.": In Time 1988 - 2003 (Pvg)
by Pvg
Edition: Sheet music

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, 25 Oct 2013
I'm not a huge fan of R.E.M. and bought the book for a few tracks. What I can say of the tracks I have played is that they are well written and good practice for the aspiring accompaniest. No silly unreachable spans and, unlike many pop writers, some thought has been put into the bass lines. You can usually tell when songs are written by guitarists and drummers because the bass lines are one note nothings and you know the difference between music written by 'ear' players and 'reader' players as the former write in black notes: sharps and flats. The work of REM is neither black note nor bass line boring showing them to be real musicians of real writing ability and musical knowledge.

JVL Tuscany Beaded Door Curtain, Squares
JVL Tuscany Beaded Door Curtain, Squares

4.0 out of 5 stars A little misleading, 26 Aug 2013
If you take a good look at the picture, the blind has a backing that enables the pattern to be seen. In addition the spacing between the lines of beads is too wide to be more than decorative.

I put the multi-coloured anti insect blinds behind these and the effect is aesthetically great: beats doors ant day.

Let It Bleed: Piano/Vocal/Chords (Alfred's Classic Album Editions)
Let It Bleed: Piano/Vocal/Chords (Alfred's Classic Album Editions)
by Rolling Stones

5.0 out of 5 stars Why no more?, 26 Aug 2013
As an avid fan of all things 'Stones' I love this series of music books. Easy to read and published as originally written for the keyboard, unlike some books.

If anyone knows where similar books of subsequent albums can be found I would love to hear.

Mosul - Muslin / Linen Effect Slot Top Voile Curtain Panel (Cream, 56" x 72")
Mosul - Muslin / Linen Effect Slot Top Voile Curtain Panel (Cream, 56" x 72")
Offered by John Aird

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 26 Aug 2013
The picture doesn't really show the curtain genuinely: it is much thinner than it appears, As it happens that suits me but may not suit others.

For the price I have no complaints.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3