Profile for M. AYLEN > Reviews

Content by M. AYLEN

M. AYLEN "Mike" (Beds,UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
5 Lath Victorian kitchen ceiling pulley clothes airer maid laundry dryer 1.5M BLACK
Offered by Cottage Doors, Gates and Floors

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately the design does not allow the use of plasterboard fixings. The woodscrew is permanently attached to the pulley ass, 17 Jan. 2015
Good until you want to fit the pulleys in the ceiling. Does not allow for 'Grip it' or other heavy duty type fixings. If you have a wooden beam in the right place (!) then it will not be a problem, otherwise I can not recommend it.

Samsung Series 6 H6400 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D LED Smart TV with Freeview HD
Offered by LambdaTek ComponentShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 11 Dec. 2014
Amazing, with a fast smart and command voice facility. It works with the Amazon Prime Video streams...hurray!

SolarCentre Vortex Solar Shed Light
SolarCentre Vortex Solar Shed Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Great light, poor catch, 11 Dec. 2014
Works really well and is very bright. However, the attachment at the back was unsatisfactory so I had to secure it in a different way.

Masters Icart One - 3 Wheel One Click - White
Masters Icart One - 3 Wheel One Click - White

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 11 Dec. 2014
I am very pleased with its performance and stowability with one click. Looks really smart!

tesa 57898 Self Adhesive Door And Drawer Protection Pads, Round, Transparent
tesa 57898 Self Adhesive Door And Drawer Protection Pads, Round, Transparent

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but works., 11 Dec. 2014
Works very well but very expensive for some self-adhesive, tiny, circular lumps of sound-deadning plastic.

PUTNAMS KNEE PILLOW. Lowers contact pressure. Keeps pelvis spine and legs at a comfortable angle
Offered by BAYLISS MOBILITY

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but needs some improvements., 17 Oct. 2014
This product does the job but the strap needs more velcro and needs to be adjustable so it does not loosen during the night. The cover has too much elasticity which compounds the problem.

Masters Golf - Trolley / Cart Umbrella Holder Attachment - TRA0016
Masters Golf - Trolley / Cart Umbrella Holder Attachment - TRA0016
Offered by u4golf Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the extra money!, 12 Oct. 2014
Well worth the money.

I did order the cheaper version for my Masters iCart by mistake, so I can compare. The more expensive version seems stronger and is definitely better made. For instance, the swiveling holder has more teeth and works very well compared to the cheaper version. The clamp screws directly into the cart whilst the other uses two plastic bars to sandwich the handle which you tight with butterfly nuts. The more expensive holder has a strong adapter for other carts. You get what you pay for!

Samsung CLP-415NW Wireless Colour Laser Printer
Samsung CLP-415NW Wireless Colour Laser Printer
Offered by DB Technology srl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, amazing photographic output for a laser printer, 2 Nov. 2013
I have used a tiny Samsung 315w colour laser for three years but unfortunately the replacement drum I purchased was faulty after three months. So it was a good idea to go for a change instead and sell off the toners.

The first thing I noticed was the larger size and weight. Make sure you measure your work surface carefully.
Wireless setup was easy for pad and phone but loading the printer on my excellent standalone printer was another matter.

The error message after loading the driver disc said I was not the administrator! So would not load. Luckily I was using Windows 7 professional so it found a driver on the web. The generic driver on the Samsung website gave me the same problem Samsung technicians attempted to help but really did not. Must be a bug which is triggered by the way my computer is setup as my laptop was fine!

Print quality and paper loading is very good and I am particularly pleased with fine detail such as photographs compared to my old machine.

The only drawback are the cost of toners which is fine if you are a small business!

Kaiser Baas R1 Car Camera and Camcorder
Kaiser Baas R1 Car Camera and Camcorder

4.0 out of 5 stars Kaiser Bass Car Video, 11 Oct. 2013
Length:: 1:23 Mins

Small, slim and has some good features:

> Separate, removal battery so you do not need the lead all the time
> Wide camera angle which shows cars turning in front of you (120 degrees)
> Instant off with ignition
> HDMI socket for the TV
> A good suction mount which works well.
> A handbook you can read !

I like it a lot for its features

However, the quality of the video is average. Cars at 1080i or 720 resolution coming the other way do not reveal their number plate details clearly. Stopping at the lights in front of you, yes they do. Colours are rather strange at times. I found I was wearing a green pair of trousers which were dark brown, this repeated itself with purple trousers for my son's blue jeans in the house. So Kaiser Bass really needs to sort the camera out to make a really good device. Strangely, it makes the same start-up sound as my old Acorn Trail video camera (HD) so I reckon they could have used the same unit!

I have included an HD video* of a short car journey, enjoy !

*15 frames a second rather than the 720 resolution which is 30 frames a second

Sony 2.1 Channel HT-CT260 Virtual Surround Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer for TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent although pricey, 17 May 2013
I did not believe the size of the box (2 days) when it arrived, it was very large. The optical lead fitted easily although I could not see a hole! Once the wireless cards were fitted behind the bass speaker and the bar it worked easily. I do not know why sound bars are restricted to 40 plus inch TVs as I view a 32 inch LED Samsung so it is too long. The bass speaker was smaller than I thought but it packs a punch and when turned off you can hear the difference. Although our bedroom is some distance away the bass brought my wife downstairs. Luckily there is a "night time" button on the controller which reduces bass. Bluetooth was a relevation to me although I use Bluetooth headphones. Very easy to setup and you can configure the bar to have Bluetooth switched on all the time on the excellent controller. Range for me was about 5 metres although they say 10m. The controller has a myriad of setting-changes particularly under 'amp'. The sound is very good and you can choose different modes such as 'movie'. I think I would like a little more treble so I will adjust that on the controller, easy. Well, you get what you pay for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2013 9:46 AM BST