Profile for Teresa > Reviews

Content by Teresa

Teresa

Highly Intuitive People: 7 Right-Brain Traits To Change The Lives Of Intuitive-Sensitive People
by Heidi Sawyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I Better Understand Me!, 2 Mar. 2015
At last! A Mind Body Spirit genre book that helps me better understand ME! As an HIP myself, I (like no doubt many others) have a difficult enough time understanding my own traits and experiences, let alone expect those around me who are maybe less aware, to 'get where I'm coming from'. Upon reading the first section, which helps broaden and deepen your understanding of what makes an HIP, I found myself having a number of "ah-ha" moments and my thoughts turned to giving this book to my nearest and dearest to read in the hope that at least some would finally "get me". Further into the book I found many very useful insights and action points to both help myself as an HIP deal with everyday life, AND some which I identified would help me continue to be of service to others without compromising my own health and well-being (an absolute MUST for the rescuing nature of the sensitive person). The information contained within this book comes from Heidi's own personal development experiences and she also draws on the experiences of her students/circle members over the many years she has been teaching. I found this, in itself, both interesting and reassuring as I no longer feel misunderstood nor isolated.
If you have EVER been labelled as "too sensitive" then this book is well worth a read. The likelihood is that somewhere within its pages are words that will give you at least some of the answers you have been searching for, even if you weren't even aware of the questions. I have already personally recommended this book to people I know who I sense would benefit greatly from it, and if you are reading this review, then I believe you too are one of those people. Will I suggest my nearest and dearest read this book also? The simple answer is "Yes" when I sense the timing is right, when there are signs that they are ready for the insights contained within.

Beyond Photography: Encounters with Orbs, Angels and Light Forms
Beyond Photography: Encounters with Orbs, Angels and Light Forms
by John Pickering

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, interesting and easy to relate to., 10 Aug. 2014
As someone who has recently begun photographing luminosities, this is a very interesting read. Although they do not come up with a definitive explanation for the luminosities they capture, they do cover their process of trying to find a logical non-metaphysical explanation, a lot of which I had never thought of. It is written in a very honest, "this is the way we perceive it" way, which is easy to follow and relate to. If I could improve on anything it would be to show most, if not all pictures/photos in colour rather than black and white. Some of the luminosities I have photographed have displayed colour variations so having colour pictures to use for comparison would have been useful.

The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach
The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach
by Naisha Ahsian

5.0 out of 5 stars An opinion I value, 13 Mar. 2014
I have a few books which consider the metaphysical proprties of the mineral/crystal kingdom, however this is the one book I am most likely to refer to. I use my other books as more of a quick glance as more often than not they are summarised, combined information from a number of sources. Where'as Robert Simmons speaks from his own direct experiences of crystal energies. A valuable insight into this interesting subject. Now I have this book, I wouldn't be without it.

Flower Therapy Oracle Cards
Flower Therapy Oracle Cards
by Doreen Virtue PhD
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely deck of cards, 13 Mar. 2014
These cards are very easy to use. The images, although simple, are beautiful with the text on the card being brief, but poignant. I took these along to my development class and had the girls all 'randomly' take at least one card each. The messages received by each person were uncannily accurate. I haven't yet used them to carry out a full reading, but I can highly recommmend them for a one or two card uplifting message, even in a group situation such as a development class.

Instructions to Young Sportsmen in All That Relates to Guns and Shooting
Instructions to Young Sportsmen in All That Relates to Guns and Shooting
by Lt Colonel P Hawker

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present for dad, 19 Nov. 2013
I discovered by chance, that Dad was hoping to "win" an original edition via another site but he was unsuccessful. As all other originals on the market are in the region of £100+ they were somewhat out of my price range for a christmas gift.
I done a bit of research into the reprinting methods and my findings led me to select this book. On receipt of this book, I am pleasantly surprised by the quality and legibility. This is a very good reprint, highly recommended. All of the text is very clear and clean. There is the occassional slightly disappointing picture but that is simply due to the nature of how they would have been printed in original state and the facsimilie process, a small price to pay for access to the information embodied within the text.
I can give this to dad at christmas knowing that he has access to the information he was looking for.

Art School: How to Paint & Draw: A Complete Course on Practical & Creative Techniques
by Hazel Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift to encourage a budding young artist, 19 Nov. 2013
I own this book myself so I am familiar with it already. I bought this copy to accompany the art materials I have bought for my 12 year old neice for christmas. She loves books anyway and is now discovering her creative side. I am sure this book will give her years of inspiration, advice and encouragement (as it has done with me).

Pentel Arts Oil Pastels, Assorted colours, 1 pack of 25 sticks
Pentel Arts Oil Pastels, Assorted colours, 1 pack of 25 sticks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 19 Nov. 2013
Bought this as a christmas gift for my 12 year old niece. Excellent value as a starter kit for beginners/youngsters.