Profile for P. M. Smears > Reviews

Content by P. M. Smears

P. M. Smears "phil smears" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Philips SensoTouch RQ11/50 Dual Precision Replacement Shaving Head Unit
Philips SensoTouch RQ11/50 Dual Precision Replacement Shaving Head Unit
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars quick delivery, 21 April 2015
quick delivery and works just dandy

Travel Adaptor Plug: Worldwide / European Visitor to UK from from Europe, USA, Australia, China & Latin America
Offered by BargainShop_London

works just dandy

Energizer CR1620 3V Lithium Coin Battery
Energizer CR1620 3V Lithium Coin Battery
Offered by Babz Media

arrived quick and work

1byone O00EL-0622 48 W 4-Port USB Smart Car Charger for Multi-Device - Red
1byone O00EL-0622 48 W 4-Port USB Smart Car Charger for Multi-Device - Red
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 21 April 2015
Perfect! Solves a lot of arguments in the car now.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 17 Mar. 2015
DVD didn't work - tried two different ones so 1 star I'm afraid

A Million Ways To Die In The West
A Million Ways To Die In The West

1.0 out of 5 stars crude, unimaginative rubbish, 24 Jan. 2015
I never forget a face but in your case I'll make an exception Seth Macfarlane. I don't mind crudity but in of itself it doesn't constitute humour. The jokes were either anal or 'I'll just say something modern that doesn't fit in with wild west' and people will fall over themselves at the incredible wit of such an anachronism. Utter unimaginative rubbish.

Sabotage
Sabotage
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars I *think* it was meant to be gritty but actually watching people square up to each other and insult their mothers is actually qu, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Sabotage (Blu-ray)
What on earth was that? It was just a litany of swearing and abuse masquerading as a film with next to no plot development. I *think* it was meant to be gritty but actually watching people square up to each other and insult their mothers is actually quite boring after a while. I love the way one of the woman in the team morphs into a different muscular body shape when in a fight but when talking to the team we're back to a slightly built woman - wasn't as if she had some special acting ability - they should have just used someone like gina carone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2015 2:18 PM GMT

Kitchen Craft Potato Chipper with Interchangeable Blades
Kitchen Craft Potato Chipper with Interchangeable Blades

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 30 Dec. 2013
Works fine and you can attach to worktop. Could be a bit bigger as larger potatoes have to be trimmed to fit.

Geemarc AMPLIDECT 285 loud cordless DECT telephone twin pack version
Geemarc AMPLIDECT 285 loud cordless DECT telephone twin pack version

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 15 Oct. 2013
We've had them for over a year now for my mum who is hard of hearing. I'd go so far as to say the audio quality of them is so bad it's worse than a normal phone I could get from asda. The speaker phone is so bad to actually hear properly you have to switch it off. Wouldn't recommend at all for anyone who has mild to moderate hearing impairments. I'm now looking around for another system.

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 15.6-inch Touchscreen Laptop (Dark Chocolate) - (Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars High performance, 21 Aug. 2013
The pros:

It's a high spec, high performance piece of kit at a very good price
Quiet and doesn't get hot
Relatively slim
Has a touch screen - there's is no point getting windows 8 without a touch screen
Has a dvd writer - debated whether I needed this and thank god I decided I did as needed it on day 1.
Backlit keyboard
Windows 8 has some nice apps - the news app is great with large photos and text - I believe this is known as an 'immersive' experience. The weather app is pretty cool too.

The cons:

- Poor battery life (roughly 3 hours) - same as my xps from 4 years ago. If it can hold to 3 hours without degrading to 1 hour after a year then at least that would be an improvement. We shall see.
- It really wouldn't be too big a leap of engineering to make the screen fold back all the way but as it is the screen only tilts back by I think less than 45 degrees.
- It's two OS's: the tiles and touchscreen and the desktop which is more or less windows 7 and not touch optimised so I'm just slipping into using my mouse/touchpad
- Notepad isn't available on desktop and this bugs me
- Touchpad is too sensitive and you can easily make a gesture without meaning to and wuhey your screen has been replaced by another one *&!*!.

Summary:
Well worth the price tag - the high spec will last me for at least another 4 years. I bunged in a 500gb ssd and things like Photoshop just open in the blink of an eye. I could make a cup of tea while they opened on the old laptop. Incidentally I got in on VERY for £750 on a buy now pay 12 months later which is normally more expensive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3