Profile for Joe Waller > Reviews

Joe Waller

Pathfinder: A Special Forces Mission Behind Enemy Lines
Pathfinder: A Special Forces Mission Behind Enemy Lines
by David Blakeley

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best modern military(soldiering) reads., 31 Aug 2013
One of the best modern military(soldiering) reads.

Very enjoyable and teaches you about a significant world event(s).
I lapped it up.

New Mens/Gents Navy Leather Suede Moccasin Slippers - Navy - UK 6-12
New Mens/Gents Navy Leather Suede Moccasin Slippers - Navy - UK 6-12
Offered by Wynsors World of Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent v. smart + cheap slippers and house shoes!, 17 Jan 2013
These are excellently cheap and v. smart house shoes and slippers. They are cheap. They are very smart, the mocassin type is I believe one of the smartest light shoes one can buy.

The product does not however look as good as it advertised in it's photo, but it's not too bad a difference. It has a good outersole, similar to an outer sole of some plimsoles. This outersole is not heavy, solide, clunky and less friendly like the heavy wedge soles on the current Dunlop slipper, which I had before this pair, and was never please or happy with, they were a bad buy, probably most suitable for those more geriatric, (please no offence).

The blue was not as smart as the blue in the photo, but only by a little. There was a loose thread, and we know that's a sign of not the upmost quality with garments and etc.

I can step out onto my patio or front path, quite happily in these, as they are smart and not like other slippers that you would try not to do that with. I'm happily using them as house shoes right now. House shoes make a lot of sense btw. Most Germans use house shoes, and we know how efficient, practical and logical they are. The floor surface temp is often lower than the air temp, so to wear a house shoe, means you get less cold, and can if you like lower your heating by some degree.

I highly recommend these as a very cheap purchase, but remember of course they are cheap!

Roberts Robi DAB/FM Radio for iPod - Black
Roberts Robi DAB/FM Radio for iPod - Black
Offered by Luzern

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor reception means I don't use it (perhaps, 1 Dec 2012
Poor reception with very regular no signal, station's regularly cutting out etc. causes me not to bother with this. I guess perhaps I was too optimistic to think such a little thing, that uses the supplied ear phones as an aerial, that is DAB and FM radio, could be up to the task. I appreciate this is a first generation attempt at mobile walkman DAB, and seriously the unit is small, and quality, and perhaps if the design was better and little more expensive, with more expensive componentry, that it could do what it promises to.

It wasn't just me incorrectly operating and using the Robi, although actually come to think of it I was using it with a middle generation 1GB iPod Nano- so an iPod may provide better input to the Robi.

I'm sorry I can't be bothered to amend and do some recomposition of this review, but I have still given helpful opinions on the Robi: it's size and quality.

Thanks, oh and sorry, I'd recommend a newer generation iPod DAB device, a newer Robert's version for one if they do that, or one that is improved, although if you can assure yourself through research, learning etc. that you won't have real reception problems, then go ahead and purchase this, which would be a good product, and of good price now I presume. Cheers, oh and in the UK, the gov's slowing down the shutdown of FM from within the next few years to a bit longer, they did plan for 2014. The DAB radio manufacturers should be very careful as many car models manufactured right now for the UK are not fitted with DAB, and it's very simple to envisage many people siwtching to their smart phones, their ipads, laptops (which are better every year) for car radio. FM will be shutdown, similar to the shutdown of analogue TV signalling, although it shouldn't be shutdown, it's ridiculous really is it not?