Profile for Linzm1985 > Reviews

BaByliss 5560HU Elegance 2100 Dryer
Offered by Alex Shanks Ltd
Price: 43.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Hairdryer, 3 Dec 2013
I have owned this hairdryer for 3 years, and have just decided to retire it (due to no fault of its own!) and replace it with the Babyliss Cord Keeper hairdryer, just for easy storage.
I have used this hairdryer every day since I got it at Christmas in 2010. It still works absolutely perfectly and has no faults whatsoever. It really is a brilliant dryer, nice and powerful, at 2100w it gives a good, fast dry.
It looks lovely, the metallic and pearlescent purple colour is really beautiful.
The cord is a good, long length and the concentrater nozzle is great for blow drying your hair into straight styles.
The controls are easy to use even with slippery hands from hair products, and it has variable heat and speed settings, along with a cool shot which is great for finishing off your style.
It would have benefited from a diffuser attachment for when you want that bit more volume, but you can purchase these separately if you require one.
I would definitely recommend this hairdryer to anyone.

BaByliss 5223U Cord Keeper 2000 Hair Dryer Fuchsia
BaByliss 5223U Cord Keeper 2000 Hair Dryer Fuchsia

4.0 out of 5 stars Good dryer at a good price, 3 Dec 2013
I wanted this hairdryer for a while, as I was so sick of having cables all over my bedroom. I have always used Babyliss products for hairdryers and straighteners for as long as I can remember, so this seemed like a good choice.
I asked my Mum to buy it for me as a birthday present, and after reading the reviews on here, I was in two minds about what to expect in terms of using the hairdryer, but now I have used it, I am quite pleased.
The design first of all is lovely, a nice, deep metallic pink. It includes a concentrater nozzle, although I would have also liked to have a diffuser attachment. My Mum also got me some Babyliss Pro 235 straighteners in the same colour, so I have a nice matching set!
I have long, waist length hair, which isn't particularly thick, nor is it thin, and my concern was that with this dryer being only 2000w compared to my old Babyliss model (5560JU - Excellent dryer by the way!) which was 2100w, and after reading the reviews about slow drying times, I was worried that my hair would take ages to dry. It doesn't. There is not much difference between this and my old one at all. It is possible that having used Babyliss products for years that my expectations of drying times are quite low and other brands do in fact dry a lot faster than this, but I can't really say for sure.
The reviews about the cord length being a little too short are correct. It does have a shorter cord than my old one, possibly around a metre shorter, but I think the recoil cord keeper function outweighs that for me. It is still perfectly usable for me at this length.
There is a warning label attached near the plug which makes sure you know you need to hold the plug with one hand whilst pressing the recoil button, make sure you follow the warnings! It does recoil really quickly and could be dangerous otherwise. I did try it without holding the plug to see what the reviews meant, and I won't be doing it like that again (although I did manage to avoid any injury). There are plenty of warnings about this so if you do injure yourself, you can't blame Babyliss for that!
The only thing I don't like about the hairdryer is the sliding switch to turn it on and select the settings. When my hands are wet and slippery from applying products such as mousse to my hair before using it, it can be very difficult to slide the switches without drying my hands thoroughly first. It would have certainly benefited from easier to use controls.

All in all, I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it!

Baby Connect
Baby Connect
Price: 3.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for keeping track!, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Baby Connect (App)
I have a 7 week old and have been trying to sort out her feeding/sleep patterns, shes up all night and sleeps all day. With this app I can record exactly how long she sleeps for and at what times and try to rectify it. Also tells me how much she feeds and how often.

7" inch Touch Screen Allwinner A13 1.0GHz CPU  Android 4.0 Tablet PC 4GB HDD 512MB WiFi (Purple)
7" inch Touch Screen Allwinner A13 1.0GHz CPU Android 4.0 Tablet PC 4GB HDD 512MB WiFi (Purple)
Offered by ** Best of British Tablet Company **No long wait from China & No import tax to pay**
Price: 30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, if you dont expect the Earth for peanuts!, 16 Jan 2013
I bought 2 of these, one white and one pink for my daughters, aged 4 and 8.

For the price they are fab! No problems with connecting to wifi or downloading apps as others have reported.

I had to return the white one for an exchange as it kept resetting itself and losing all data. Now replaced and both work fine.

The battery life is quite poor, and the tablet is best used whilst on charge. As with any Android product, once you connect to wifi and run a few apps, the battery runs down quickly. My expensive phone only lasts 3 hours of use on a full charge!

The screen quality might not be at the standard of an expensive tablet but do remember you're paying about 1/4 of the price! Its not too slow either, not exactly speedy but not unbearably slow, and my WiFi has a really poor download speed (0.3mbps), so its probably worse to me than it would be to anyone else!

All in all, apart from the original fault which was quickly sorted, I'm a happy mummy with 2 very happy bunnies!

Fast & Furious 1-5 Box Set [DVD] [2001]
Fast & Furious 1-5 Box Set [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Vin Diesel
Offered by RevisionNet
Price: 18.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 26 Nov 2012
I have purchased this as a Christmas gift for a friend who loves the films. I'm sure he will be very pleased with them, and I am thrilled at the price (8 with free delivery)

However, the item pictures really need to be changed. This is not a 'box set' in the sense that it is the full set, in a box in separate cases - Its 5 discs in one DVD case. Looking at the item pictures it shows a 'real' box set. Some people may feel let down by this - But for the price, you can't complain really!

Overall, very pleased, good price, and free next day delivery, shame it is let down slightly by the packaging.