Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Daisy K > Reviews

Content by Daisy K

Daisy K "Daisy K" (IRELAND)

Page: 1 | 2
The Buffer Girls
The Buffer Girls

3.0 out of 5 stars ... book does not stand out as one of her best or even in the top ten, 27 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Buffer Girls (Kindle Edition)
This book does not stand out as one of her best or even in the top ten. I love Margaret Dickinson generally but found this one difficult to finish and a bit dull. Would not recommend in all honesty.

Alone Beneath the Heaven
Alone Beneath the Heaven

2.0 out of 5 stars Felt like it was one of her earlier works, 22 Feb. 2016
Not up to Rita Bradshaw's usual standard. It felt a bit of a chore to finish it and did not hold my interest in the way her other books usually do. Felt like it was one of her earlier works, perhaps before she got into her stride as a writer. Would not recommend.

The Incredible Life Of Jonathan Doe
The Incredible Life Of Jonathan Doe

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start, 10 Dec. 2013
This is obviously one of Carol Coffey's first works. The plot has some holes and the kindle version can be a bit difficult to read in places as the word spacing is less than perfect, this I'm sure, is not the author's fault.

On the plus side it is an easy read but there is a darkness always looming which makes it an interesting read. I would say this author would be someone to watch as she matures as a writer. Love the cover.

One Good Dog
One Good Dog

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story., 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: One Good Dog (Kindle Edition)
A nice easy read. Dog lovers will enjoy. Makes you look at Pit Bulls in a different light. I would read more from this author.

Heft
Heft

4.0 out of 5 stars Thougth provoking, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Heft (Kindle Edition)
An easy read with flashes of humour. The ending did not exactly go where I expected but perhaps that was no bad thing!

With All My Love
With All My Love
by Patricia Scanlan

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 24 May 2013
This review is from: With All My Love (Hardcover)
Very disappointing. I felt the author was trying to set this novel in the present day, however, it felt more like the 1980's. The language belonged to another time. The book did not flow well. No surprises, dull.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2015 9:39 AM BST

The Misremembered Man
The Misremembered Man
by Christina McKenna

4.0 out of 5 stars Great humour and sadness in equal measure., 12 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Misremembered Man (Paperback)
A lovely easy read that had me laughing out loud, great irish humour. Some of the phrases used make me smile every time I think of them! But there were also very sad and touching sections based in the orphanage which will strike a chord with many Irish people who had similar experiences at the hands of the catholic church. The reason I gave it four stars and not five was because I thought the last 1/3 of the book moved too fast, it seemed to race along much faster that the earlier sections. Overall, very enjoyable and I shall be eagerly awaiting for Miss Mc Kenna's next book.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it., 20 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I had not read Jojo Moyes before and just found this on Kindle one night last week when I was looking for my next book. It was a very good choice. This is an easy read and I was drawn in from the word go. It is topical, funny, sharp and sad. A great read but you will cry.

Don't Let Me Go
Don't Let Me Go

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but not too sweet!, 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Don't Let Me Go (Kindle Edition)
A nice easy read, I really enjoyed it. A bit quirky and all the better for it. This is the second Catherine Ryan Hyde book I have read and I will now seek out a third.

The Art of Racing in the Rain
The Art of Racing in the Rain
by Garth Stein

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 26 Feb. 2010
One of the best books I have ever read. Clever, funny, sad and brillant.

Page: 1 | 2