Profile for Mike Whittaker > Reviews

Knack (PS4)
Knack (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Knack - a lot better than the reviews!!!, 24 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Knack (PS4) (Video Game)
I, like many, had this game on pre order. I love the platform genre of games, the likes of Ratchet and Clank and Crash Bandicoot etc. I cancelled it when I saw the review from Gamespot of 4/10.

However since then I have read some actual user reviews and made the jump to purchase. And this is what I found.

The game is a bit different and refreshingly original. Im getting a bit sick of sequels and remakes.

Yes its a basic 3d platformer but it seems unlike anything else I have played for some time and doesn't appear to me to be trying to be anything it isn't. Knacks abilities and change in size etc works well. I don't share the frustrations of the professional reviewers when they complained of have=ing to re build knack every level and that ultimately they couldn't keep him in larger format. That appears to just be part of the game and I like it.

The graphics are great. Perhaps only just into next gen but visually pleasing non the less. I do get the feeling that the PS3 would have struggled with this.

I have started playing the game on hard to unlock more of the trophies and open up Very hard. The game is very challenging but ultimately very addictive. I haven't become overly frustrated like I did with Darksiders on PS3 on hard setting. I nearly had to buy a new TV for that one as I felt like throwing the controller through it constantly.

The story appears OK, the bosses are challenging but there are clear strategies which get you past them.

I would have rated this as a 8/10 at this stage and Im about half way through.

****since writing the review I have completed the game. It is very good to be fairI still stand by an 8.5/10 review, so much so that Im still playing it now, albeit for the other trophies and better versions of Knack.********

If I change my opinion I will update the review

I managed to get this for £35. Im more than happy with it for that price. If you fancied it in the first place. Order it, you won't be disappointed, I certainly haven't been so far.

Mike

Sony PlayStation Vita Memory Card 32GB Model (PlayStation Vita)
Sony PlayStation Vita Memory Card 32GB Model (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by Westerlighter

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a vita you need this, 22 Nov 2013
Since getting Playstation plus I have needed this larger card. Its great. It has all the storage I need and does the job perfectly. Its just a shame that it is so damn expensive!!!!

Targus Reversible Skin for 15.6 inch Laptops - Black/Red
Targus Reversible Skin for 15.6 inch Laptops - Black/Red
Offered by No1Brands4You

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great price, 22 Nov 2013
Does everything it should at a greta cheap price.

Really impressed with build quality. I love that this is just a pouch and there are no zips etc. This means it less likely to scratch my beautiful laptop.

Everything you need in a soft case for £5..........absolute bargain!!!!

Leatherman Wavemulti-Tool With Nylon Pouch
Leatherman Wavemulti-Tool With Nylon Pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all round Multitool, 22 Nov 2013
I use this weatherman for work. I need a dependable tool for a services job which won't let me down.

To be fair I also use a Victorinox Hunstman knife. Both are fantastic but this Leatherman is the absolute, do everything go to tool. I love the 25 year guarantee and the build quality leaves me feeling that I will probably never need it.

Great for if you in need of a tool like this on a daily basis.

I only really use the Swiss Army knife so much as it the only one I can legally carry when not at work.

OtterBox Defender Series Cover for iPhone 5S - Key Lime
OtterBox Defender Series Cover for iPhone 5S - Key Lime

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged and well made, 22 Nov 2013
I needed a case which could stand up to the rigours of a job where unfortunately I end up involved in confrontation and other scenarios likely to cause major damage to a phone.

This case is by far the best case I have ever owned for any of my phones. The integrated screen protector is very very good. The fit and design is bang on.

When you invest in a £600 phone you really need a case which will look after it. This is possibly too bulky for some people. But for me it is absolutely perfect. I love the colour as well.

Now I wouldn't use my phone without it and I won't have another phone without one. Very very impressed.

Targus EcoSpruce Backpack for Laptops 15-15.6 inch - Black - TBB013EU
Targus EcoSpruce Backpack for Laptops 15-15.6 inch - Black - TBB013EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, great price, 22 Nov 2013
I was in the market for new laptop bag with a purchase of a new Macbook pro 15inch. I wanted something discreet which would double as a workbag if needs be with plenty of space for other gadgets. It had to be robust enough that it could handle daily abuse, within moderation, and still look good and protect my investment.

I have used the bag for the past couple of weeks and it has been great. It has so many compartments that it suits my needs for both space for work kit and gadgets.

Its also discreet enough that it doesn't quite look like a laptop bag.

The main compartment for the laptop is awesome. Its well padded. Its secure.

To be honest it does everything I wanted, can't say any better than that. If your in the market for a laptop rucksack then don't bother looking at the competition. I can't imagine you could find anything better for £30

By th by, I looked at the thule bag, but this appears better thought out and miles cheaper. Just my opinion.

Casio GW-A1000FC-1AER G-Shock Radio Solar Gents Watch
Casio GW-A1000FC-1AER G-Shock Radio Solar Gents Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Bomb Proof Casio Solar watch, 27 Oct 2013
This is the first Amazon review I think I have ever done, so here goes.

The watch is top of the range Casio. It took a while to convince myself to buy a G shock at this price and at the time I was look at a Traser too, the commander titanium watch to be precise.

The job I do, I need a watch that is both accurate and sturdy. Well better than sturdy to be honest. pretty much indestructable will just about cut it.

This ticks all boxes and it looks really high tech too. No issues setting the time. No issues with the recent change out of BST. This is about as accurate as it gets.

Chances are if your looking you probably know what your looking at....just buy it you wont be dissapointed....I wasnt

Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL -  White Limited Edition with Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)
Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL - White Limited Edition with Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade from a 3ds, 10 Dec 2012
Ive been playing computer games since I was 10 around 20 years ago now! I was seriously impressed by the 3ds having had pretty much every single hand held console since the game boy colour and sega game gear.

3d seems to take the mario series etc to another level and I'm back enjoying my little hand held.

Thought about this purchase for a while now. I had and still have for my son a ds lite but never upgraded to a dsi xl so couldn't grasp the difference in size and what it would mean to me.

Having opened this up today I can tell you it is pretty unbelievable the size difference. I'm in the midst of putting my 3ds zelda edition on eBay so a side by side comparison let me see the purchase was well worth while.

I didn't have mario kart 7 so it was a nice edition to have it built in and this is the only colour I liked in the 3ds the others just look a bit to cheap/tacky.

Can't notice the pixelation some have reported, considering the size difference I'm amazed at how good it all looks. Highly recommended upgrade. Amazon delivered on price too and delivery time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2013 7:26 PM GMT