Profile for J. Burling > Reviews

J. Burling (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White
TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White

4.0 out of 5 stars It stays relatively cool, even after being on for extended periods of ..., 30 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This bulb lights quickly, and gives out a bright white light. It definitely doesn't fall into the "warm white" category, however, but the light distribution is even.

It stays relatively cool, even after being on for extended periods of time. The white surrounding is OK, but looks out of place if you are fitting it into chrome light fititings.

Philips 5W (50W) GU10 Master LED Value Spot Light, Warm White 3000K, Dimmable
Philips 5W (50W) GU10 Master LED Value Spot Light, Warm White 3000K, Dimmable

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bright bulb, 30 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I want to start by saying that this bulb is bright. Most of my existing halogen bulbs are 40W, and the extra 10W (equivalent) are very apparent. The individual LEDs are well distributed, and the bulb as a whole is very smart looking.

The grey portion of the bulb is a gloss plastic, other Philips bulbs I have used in the past have a matt finish on this part of the bulb.

The only drawback of this bulb is that even at it's dimmest setting, it's still rather bright, not great for couples where one half gets up early and gets ready with the lights dimmed.

Aside from that, the light distribution is excellent, and isn't quite as clinical-white as some other LED bulbs I have used.

Netgear XAVB5401 Powerline 500 Nano PassThru 1 Port Adapter Kit
Netgear XAVB5401 Powerline 500 Nano PassThru 1 Port Adapter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to expand your home network., 7 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm very happy with these powerline adapters - they are fast, and I've had no interruption of signal since using them. Whilst not especially small, the top-mounted ethernet port is invaluable. I'm using mine in a plug socket along the skirting board, and have found it fiddly to get the ethernet cables to fit (normally have to resort to using an unbooted cable).

I'm currently using mine to connect a Raspberry Pi to my home network and stream videos from a NAS drive, and it suits this use perfectly.

Cirrus Earplugs Premium Soft Foam
Cirrus Earplugs Premium Soft Foam
Offered by Rubber Soul Healthcare

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and effective, 6 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use these earplugs when I want to guarantee a good night's sleep, and they're very effective. I occasionally sleep with the window open, and have previously been woken up by outside noise. With these in, no outside noises wake me up (though fortunately, I can still hear my alarm clock) and they are comfortable enough that I'm not aware of them during the night.

Reon 4.5W LED GU10 Energy Saving Spot Light (Replaces 50W Halogen Bulbs)
Reon 4.5W LED GU10 Energy Saving Spot Light (Replaces 50W Halogen Bulbs)
Offered by Electrobright Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright, but not warm, 8 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm pretty happy with this bulb, the light is bright and crisp - but I would definitely not describe it as warm, especially compared to traditional halogen bulbs. Because of this, it tends to show up dust and defects more than a traditional bulb.

Heat output is minimal, and it barely feels warm to the touch.

The only drawback is that the outer casing is white plastic. This makes the bulb look cheap, and is especially out of place is chrome light fittings. It's inconvenient to not be able to dim this bulb, but at the price point, you can't complain.

Weetabix Golden Syrup Biscuits 24 (Pack of 5)
Weetabix Golden Syrup Biscuits 24 (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fancier than normal Weetabix, 12 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a big fan of regular Weetabix, and these are an excellent alternative. The golden syrup flavour isn't particularly strong, but it's just enough to jazz up the flavour so that you don't feel that you have to add your own toppings and/or flavourings.

I'd recommend these to anyone who likes regular Weetabix and would like something different enough to make a change, but enough like Weetabix to still be familiar. It's worth nothing that per brick, they contain about twice the sugar than standard Weetabix (which is still minimal compared to more sugary cereals (Frosties et al)).

Alpen Light Lemon Drizzle Bars 19 g (Pack of 5)
Alpen Light Lemon Drizzle Bars 19 g (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bars, 11 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice taste to these bars, delicious lemon flavour and just the right size for breakfast or mod morning snack. Would definitely buy again.

Philips Master LED GU10 Spot 4W (35W replacement) Dimmable, Warm White
Philips Master LED GU10 Spot 4W (35W replacement) Dimmable, Warm White
Offered by EcoSaveLEDLights

4.0 out of 5 stars Very clean and bright, tremendously expensive, 10 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm very impressed with this bulb, having replaced a dead 35W halogen spotlight, in a light fitting containing two other 35W lights. It is easily as bright and white (if not, brighter and whiter) than the other bulbs in the fitting, and puts out far less heat.

As another reviewer has mentioned, though these bulbs are dimmable, they don't dim in the same fashion as traditional bulbs. With a traditional halogen spotlight, the light becomes warmer and more yellow when dimmed, whereas these just put out less light.

The cost is also prohibitively expensive. I'm sceptical as to whether or not I will see the cost saved over the life time of the bulb, especially when traditional halogen spotlights are so cheap. I would love to replace all the spotlights in my house with these, but it's not practical from a cost perspective.

On the whole, I would recommend these bulbs, but I would hope that the cost will come down in the near future.

Spearmark Medium Working Lunch Bag, Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Spearmark Medium Working Lunch Bag, Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars More professional than a plastic bag, 7 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was looking to get something to keep my lunch in that was more professional than a plastic bag, and this fits the bill perfectly.

A typical lunch for me would be a sandwich, several pieces of fruit (apple, banana, couple of satsumas) and a yoghurt - this holds all my lunch with room to spare. The material is stretchy, which allows you to cram in more than you would think.

The loop on the top of pouch is useful when pulling it out of your bag/the fridge.

Overall, I would recommend this product to all.

Whose Side are They On? How Britain's Bonkers Government Is Coming After You
Whose Side are They On? How Britain's Bonkers Government Is Coming After You
by Alan Pearce

2.0 out of 5 stars Mildly entertaining, but largley inflammatory, 15 Nov 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is not a whole lot more than a collection of some of the most inflammatory stories collected from various news sources. The author seems to have cherry picked some poorly written, poorly researched articles, carefully contriving to have you enraged after just a few pages. If you just read a page here and there, it's mildly entertaining (assuming you are able to take things with a grain of salt), but reading it as a serious piece of literature would only serve to heighten the blood pressure.

I personally did not enjoy reading this, but I can't help but wonder if that's the point.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3