Profile for Mrs. Pa Denyer > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Pa Denyer

Mrs. Pa Denyer (West Sussex UK)

The Happiness Trap (Large Print 16pt)
The Happiness Trap (Large Print 16pt)
by Russ Harris
Price: 20.80

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best self help books I have ever read., 16 Aug 2011
I was advised to look at this publication by a clinical psychologist, as I suffer from anxiety and consult with her now and then.
I also take anti depressants and have done so for a very long time.

I have read many self help books in my life, and struggled with them, and then forgot them. They helped for a while.
However this one really makes sense, in that it does not raise expectations. I have tried some of the exercises, and they do seem to work. It is also very reassuring in the text. I would recommend it although I still have not finished reading it all.
NB I ordered a big print version by mistake, and it is marvellous! No tired eyes now.

Sarah Raven's Garden Cookbook
Sarah Raven's Garden Cookbook
by Sarah Raven
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cook Book I have ever had!, 11 July 2007
This is a cookbook for all tastes. Sarahs approach to food is so refreshing! I am 65, with veggies in the family to cater for, and although I know quite a bit about cooking by now, her ideas and recipes have inspired me more than most. This book presents her commonsense attitude to food preparation, and does not draw a line between vegetarian and the rest. I am sure most cooks would find something new and delicious to try out ,as I have done.
I really recommend it.