Profile for Balazs Goldschmidt > Reviews

Content by Balazs Goldschmidt

Balazs Goldschmidt (Budapest, Hungary)

AlokSak Bags for E-Reader, Tablet, or Ipad - 3 pack
AlokSak Bags for E-Reader, Tablet, or Ipad - 3 pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 25 April 2014
I bought these bags for my kindle paperwhite. I already had a very similar puch with the zipper on the long edge, but that was inconvenient. This one with the top opening is more like it. When you put the kindle in, it still has room (about an inch in both directions), and I'd prefer a bit tighter fit, but I knew the dimensions, so won't complain. The pouch family itself had been well known to me, they are extremely helpful, last time in a spa. And the touch screens really work while gadget is inside. I'm satisfied with this product.

The Bloodline Feud (Merchant Princes Omnibus 1)
The Bloodline Feud (Merchant Princes Omnibus 1)
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 22 April 2014
Good concepts, possible mistakes avoided. It's obvious the author not only writes but can think as well. Reminded me of a good TV show. Highly recommended for those who liked the background ideas of Sliders, etc. The only difference is that it doesn't let you down with the storyline :)

Marware Atlas Kindle Cover, Black (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle and Kindle Touch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly Kindle PW, holder strap enhances reader experience :), 12 Jun 2013
The cover is well made, doesn't look cheap. Protects Kindle well. The holder strap is a must for comfortable reading. Most other covers lack this feature. Only drawback: no built-in magnet for accessing paperwhite's automatic on-off functionality.

The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle, Book 3)
The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle, Book 3)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good finale to the mongoliad trilogy, 4 May 2013
I liked the whole trilogy. Good style, interesting ideas. I especially liked how different cultures of the era are shown to interact. My only concern was that the name of Istvan was spelled throughout the novels without an accent mark on the "a", when it should be the same character we had in "Cnan". But I suppose it's a problem to a few only.

A Foreign Country
A Foreign Country
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow at the beginning but fine at the end., 4 May 2013
This review is from: A Foreign Country (Kindle Edition)
I wanted to read a good spy novel that is not your general adventure packed nonsense about saving the world from post-soviet warlords. I tried John LeCarre, but he is a but noir for me. When I read this book, I new this is it. Four stars because I only give 5 stars to books I want to re-read when finished.