Profile for P. Gore > Reviews

Content by P. Gore

P. Gore "pjgbear" (Somerset)

1950's Rock and Roll Women Fancy Dress Pink Size 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 (Women: 20)
Offered by Emma's Wardrobes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, 16 Nov. 2015
VERY prompt delivery, product as it says, perfect for my event, I will change the belt for one of my own and I'm going to stitch the front buttons down and run a row of stitching along the collar. Thank you

mix.
mix.
by James McIntosh

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little book, 4 Sept. 2008
This review is from: mix. (Paperback)
A little book packed with a big punch. Basic down to earth, common sense approach to cooking. Mix is the first published book of four books being written by James and it is full of useful recipes with sensible variations and advice thrown in to boot, as well as personal and humerous observations.
This should be the first thing that anxious parents pop into their beloved offspring's luggage when they go off to university for the first time, but then again never too late for that little gift to make sure they eat properly even later in their academic life!

The Complete Cookery Year with Over 300 Seasonal Recipes
The Complete Cookery Year with Over 300 Seasonal Recipes
by Gary Rhodes

5.0 out of 5 stars Hurray for Seasons, 22 Dec. 2003
The always noteable thing about Gary Rhodes is that he loves food and his recipes more than prove that. So often now in our supermarkets we can buy most foods most of the time, now here we have a cookery book that has seasons and that tells us what ingredients should be at their best and what we can do with them. How great to be getting back to using foods when they are in their natural season.
The book is well laid out in seasonal order starting in March and gives a range of recipes for vegetables, fish, meat and fruit and puddings for each month. Each recipe is preceeded with a short section on the ingredients used within.
There are mouth watering recipes such as Bacon-fried scallops with late cabbage or early greens;Bacon and sherry raisin pate (which I have made for Christmas)and Baked plum pudding
The photographs are great although personally I like to see a photo for each recipe, I still think this book is brilliant. It has been added to my extensive Gary Rhodes collection.