Profile for Kenny > Reviews

Content by Kenny

Kenny

Page: 1 | 2
[Navy, 36W, 32L] MENS WORK-WEAR TROUSER MULTI-POCKET TOUGH STITCHED COLOURS BLACK / NAVY SIZES 30-44" RRP £29.99
Offered by Goldstar Leisure Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Jun. 2015
Perfect for work. Fits nicely

VonHaus TV Bracket Wall Mount with Tilt- for 32"-65" LCD LED Plasma Flat Panels - Flat to Wall Free 5 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit, 18 Jun. 2015
Does the job well. Easy to fit.

On-Guard 8005 Pitbull Keyed Shackle Lock - 11.5 x 23.0 cm, Black
On-Guard 8005 Pitbull Keyed Shackle Lock - 11.5 x 23.0 cm, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough lock. But over time the plastic cover and ..., 18 Jun. 2015
Tough lock. But over time the plastic cover and end caps can break . Does not effect lock security though.

The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants #1)
The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 19 Aug. 2014
That's AM amazing book I love it a b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

Roberto Marco Polarized Sunglasses for Drivers Semi Dark Grey Lenses. Aviator Design - No Glare
Offered by Sunglasses Expert

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all., 2 Mar. 2014
I got these at the start of summer last year. I drive for a living so they are essential . They are great for driving in wet conditions on a bright day and they block the refection on the wet road. They are quite well built and bendable to fit your face. They do dig into the back of the ear a little but you should be able to fix that with a little bit of adjustment. I am back here to buy again 9 months later and I stood on my old pair last week.

Magnum ONGUARD Pitbull DT Shackle High Security Bicycle Cycling U-Lock with 4' Flex Cable LK8005
Offered by WoollyHatShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tough lock, 28 Oct. 2013
Got one 6 months ago and have been using it daily. Its heavy , but all locks that are this secure all weigh the same. Easy to use and locks quickly . I used the clipping thing for a week but found it rattled a bit when riding. So now I just hang the lock on the handle bars. No problem. Does not mark the paint.

Good lock. Go for it.

CAT FOOTWEAR Shoes - Work Boots CONDUIT S1P - black
CAT FOOTWEAR Shoes - Work Boots CONDUIT S1P - black

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable boots, 27 Jun. 2013
I got these as I work as a delivery driver and need toe protection and also have to dress neatly. I was given company boots but I have a wide foot and don't get on well with cheapo boots. I believe you are better to pay more and get a longer lasting more comfortable product. These boots are a good compromise. I have always been a fan of No Risk boots but they have the building site look about them. I have given these Cats a try instead this time. They seem to be tough with thick, very well finished leather and double stitching .
The sole is a little heavy but the lack of steel in the toe offsets this. They are not lightweight and weigh as much as any safety boot to be honest. Contrary to what caterpiller boast. They have a sole tread that would suit a warehouse floor rather than a muddy building site which also appeals to me as I visit around 40 homes a day and don't want to walk dirt onto the customers floors . They seem to be quite grippy and soft. They also seem to be designed for ladder use with a heel to suit the run of a ladder. The sole is stiff around the heel which would perfect to a day spent up above.
The Fit.. Imm. I am a 9 1/2. They don't do this size in this boot so I went a 10. They are too big. I have a size 10 Nike trainers side by side and they are 10mm larger . So be careful when sizing. A size 9 would have fitted me perfectly. Thick socks cure the problem though. The insole is very pleasant and supports the heal and arch nicely . I did not suffer any problems breaking these boots in. This is a sign of a good boot. They don't pinch or bind on any part of my foot. For around the 50 quid mark I don't think you will get a better safety shoe. I hope to get over a year out of these and expect they will do more. Recommended.

Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller
Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works!!! Recommended, 25 April 2013
I got this because my new flower and veg beds were being ripped up each night with a hidden surprise when you went to repair it. Hey. You're reading this so I guess you know what im talking about.
Got it delivered to Ireland for 16 pound plus Parcel Motel cost. All in around 20 euro.

I have also re-sown my lawn so I have noticed the cat prints come up to the place where the sonic defender comes into range and the prints stop. They wont bother going any further.

So I guess it works well.

Its well built and has alloy components. I'm considering the mains power option as my child will be running around the garden more in summer setting it off and running the batteries down. The 9v duracell batteries are quite expensive so the mains lead should be an investment if you have nearby power.

It also comes with a 2 year warranty card which needs to be posted off. I think for the price of a stamp it would be a good idea to send it as the amazon warranty will only last 1 year and this device will spend its life in the extremes of summer and winter in the UK and Ireland. (maybe not that extreme).

Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars does not work in Ireland., 24 Dec. 2012
Should have got another tablet.. Poxy amazon does not let eire users use their apps. Thanks for telling me this before I ordered it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2012 2:52 AM GMT

Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Digital Camera (16MP EXR-CMOS Sensor, 30x Manual Optical Zoom) 3 inch Tiltable LCD Screen

3.0 out of 5 stars A step down from DSLR but fun to use., 16 Nov. 2012
I am a DSLR user who was looking for a camera that I could just throw in the bag and take out on family outings without the hassle and expense of bringing lenses.
This is where the HS-30 comes into its own. It takes good macro shots and landscapes are fairly good. The lens is non detectable and has a range from 24mm(for wide angle) right up to over 700mm. I must add that the Aperture (telephoto) decreases to f5.6 from f2.8 which for those who don't know reduces the light meeting the sensor . So using the zoom in low light can becomes problematic in some situations.
The size of the camera is slightly larger than most entry level DSLR cameras like the canon 1000d, so if you are looking for a compact bridge that is actually compact then this cam is not for you. It feels great in hand and the large flip up screen is fantastic and very clear to use.
This camera is packed with settings and function that you need to spend quite a bit of time with it to learn how best to get the pic you want. I have found the point and shoot EXR mode to be quite good but has the tendency to overexpose a little on the default setting. But playing around and discovering the camera's settings will fix this. The menus are clear but again take time to learn. In comparison with a DSLR, I find the hs30 more complicated to use. I know that the basic shutter speed and aperture are the only setting I have to worry about on a dslr but there are far more factors with the hs30. For example. What dynamic range it is set at, is the IS on. Is it in macro mode . How do I get the flash to fire even though the flash is up. and so on. It all seem a bit over complicated and the list of setting on the menus compound this. But again with time you should learn. This cam would be perfect for those want to step it up a notch from a compact. But then again if you are serious about photography the camera is priced around the same as the canon 1100d with a kit lens.
The sensor is very very small . For a cam of such size I would have expected a bigger sensor and maybe less pixels. This is very apparent in low light situation. Your subject will appear grainy on cropping and the digital noise is quite high.
I guess im happy enough with this cam but with the new trend in crop sensor compact bridge cams from Sony and panasonic out now I feel this cam will soon be redundant.
I am comparing with a DSLR here but as the dimensions of the camera are similar and FugiFilm are styling it on a dslr so why not.

Page: 1 | 2