Profile for B > Reviews

Bridesmaids (Extended Edition) [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Kristen Wiig
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't belive the hype, it's terrible!, 6 Mar. 2012
*Review might spoil bits of the plot!*

I was hesistant to watch this film but my best friend insisted (and a number of other friends had recommended it). If I hadn't been watching it with my friend I would have turned it off after about 10 minutes I think! The plot is cliched and stretched out into 2 hours or so when the entire story should have been about half hour, the jokes are terrible and the characters unbelievable. The plot is so predictable I could see how the story would end before we were even a quarter of the way through.

Overall, the characters are unoriginal (posh rich girl, tomboyish girl, down on her luck best friend etc etc) and poorly played by their respective actresses, the plot is awful and has so many holes (like why did two of the bridesmaids suddenly start kissing on the plane...?!) and the humour is not smart its just "obvious". I really cannot understand the good ratings this film has had from reviewers and if this is what the new female comedy is I'm definitely not going to watch anymore female comic films!

Maybe I just don't appreciate watching people vomit on each other or pooing in street in a wedding dress.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work in Chile!, 26 Jun. 2011
Does NOT work in Chile even though it says it does! The plug prongs are too large for the sockets! Annoying as I got one for a 2 month trip and I'm already here so I cannot return it and I have to try and buy a new one.

The Geology of Britain
The Geology of Britain
by Peter Toghill

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK starting point, 3 Jun. 2010
This review is from: The Geology of Britain (Paperback)
This book is good as a starting point if you wish to find out the basics of the geology of Britain. If you are looking for a more comprehensive guide then it isn't the book for you. If you are not familiar with geological terms, the glossary is definately not enough! However, bright, clear diagrams make the book easy to follow with useful field photos and locations if you wish to go out and look for yourself.

Olympus Mju 1050SW Digital Camera - Midnight Black (10.1MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

3.0 out of 5 stars Average image quality and slow, but good in snow & water, 2 Jun. 2010
I have owned this camera now for about a year and it has had its ups and downs.

PROS
You don't have to worry about the camera getting wet and not working in the rain
No expensive waterproof housing needed
You can drop it and it will still work
Good in snow and cold conditions
The panorama feature is good fun
Continuous shooting is good for sports sequences (especially in water e.g. surfing)

CONS
Average image quality, poor in low light
Very slow to focus/take shots which is very frustrating
Sometimes the lens cover comes down by itself, switching the camera on and wasting battery

So overall, a good novelty camera but not so great if you're after fantastic quality photos!