Profile for Gary C > Reviews

Content by Gary C

Gary C (Staffordshire, UK)

The Plastic Age
The Plastic Age
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Plastic Age by The Buggles, 11 April 2014
This review is from: The Plastic Age (MP3 Download)
Really liked this track when it was first released way back in 1980.

After downloading Plastic Age, I found I still love it now.

Once In A Lifetime
Once In A Lifetime
Price: 0.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Once In A Lifetime by Talking Heads, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Once In A Lifetime (MP3 Download)
I liked the track when it was first released back in the 80’s

Still like it now, but not as much.

Max Value USB 2.0 Infrared Adapter (MV42440)
Max Value USB 2.0 Infrared Adapter (MV42440)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well once set up, 17 Jan 2011
You don't get any instructions with the adaptor. The software is easy to install, I use it on Vista.
All that happens after installing the software and you plug the adaptor in is you get the USB device logo appear in the task bar.

The software only starts working when the infra red module detects the active infra red from a phone device. However, initially I couldn't get it to transfer files from my phone, until I did this:

To get it working properly with my phone Nokia 7260, I had to change the "Speed Enable" (data transfer rate in bps) of the adaptor in its Advance Settings:

First find the data transfer rate: hover your mouse pointer over "active infra red link" icon in the task bar while the adaptor is trying to connect to your device. A text box will appear showing the transfer rate, in my case 115200 bps. Make a note of the transfer rate.

Next, right click on "active infra red link" icon in the task bar, and then click on "properties", which opens the settings window for the adaptor. Click on the Hardware tab and then click on properties. Click on Change Settings (you may need administrator permission for this) Click on the Advanced tab then click on Speed Enable. Click on the "value" drop down window and select the transfer rate that you noted. Click Ok and Ok again.

Data should now transfer ok :-)

ABBA: The Album
ABBA: The Album
Offered by Media Vortex
Price: 22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Abba: The Album, 30 July 2010
This review is from: ABBA: The Album (Audio CD)
I originally bought this on LP when I were a lad! Bought it on CD recentlty mainly for the track "I'm A Marionette" which I loved back then and still like now. Being a "used to be an Abba fan, but I'm alright now" person, it's the only Abba album I've bought on CD, there are some other good tracks on it.