Profile for M. Gormley > Reviews

Content by M. Gormley

M. Gormley "BruceJungleland" (cornwall United Kingdom)

Boys And Girls In America
Boys And Girls In America
Offered by MasterDVD

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it......, 28 Aug 2007
As a devoted Springsteen fan of many years I have to say I was curious about "the next best thing" - I mean even the guys at Badlands were raving about it, so it must be worth a listen eh??
Well, maybe if I'd have been in the place I was when I first heard Bruce I'd get what all of you guys are saying - after all it's certainly different - but I just don't get it at all!!
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one - it doesn't say anything new to me and I'm sorry but the lead singer doesn't have a voice I'd want to listen to again.
Big disappointment for me after all the build up - one star, and I'm being generous cos the music's ok (sort of!).
Mine'll be going straight on ebay - doesn't even warrant putting on the ipod first!! Borrow it rather than buy it - save your money.

Better Days
Better Days
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jersey Shore - Bar Bands Are Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!, 24 Sep 2006
This review is from: Better Days (Audio CD)
I first heard this in the early 90's and thought it was pretty good - but it wasn't Bruce!! I've thought back to it a few times (especially when "All the way home" appeared on Devils & Dust) but not got round to buying it - why did I wait I now ask!!!??! This is an album you simply have to own - it is Jersey Shore rockin bar band music at it's absolute best. It's also one of the best driving cd's around. From the first to the last track - rock & soul screams out from the speakers - turn it up loud and enjoy! You won't be disappointed.

The Rising
The Rising

5.0 out of 5 stars Bruce & the E street band back with a bang!, 28 July 2002
This review is from: The Rising (Audio CD)
this is the first E street band album since "Born in the USA" and it's certainly been worth the wait!
from the opening few bars the quality production of the album is plain to hear (Bruce has teamed up with Brendan O'Brien - of Pearl Jam (& others) fame - and he has made a big difference to the "sound").
there are no weaknesses to this album - 15 tracks / 74 minutes of fantastic music. the band sound better than ever and there are various guest musicians / vocalists who each add to the variety of songs that make the whole.
outstanding points include the opener "lonesome day","waitin' on a sunny day" and "countin' on a miracle" which carry the album along at a fair pace.
"worlds apart" with asif ali khan & group providing accompanying vocals to create a superb song.
"further on up the road" a solid e street rocker and " mary's place" which is a concert preaching song for the new tour!
"you're missing" is a real heart wrenching song coming directly from the september 11th tragedy and the albums title song "the rising" is without doubt one of bruce's best ever tracks - just awesome!
make sure you buy this album - it's the most complete springsteen album to date and worth a place in anyone's collection.