Profile for Trudi Brown > Reviews

Loop-d-loop: More Than 40 Novel Knitting Projects
Loop-d-loop: More Than 40 Novel Knitting Projects
by Teva Durham

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely for the more eccentric knitter, 18 May 2007
I have to agree with Mammy on this one. A lot of the patterns are very wacky and I'm not convinced of the wearability of some of them, however for the experienced knitter I would recommend getting a copy of this book just for the cabled riding jacket which is a truly beautiful garment. I knit mine over Christmas and frankly I cant wait for it to get cold again so that I can wear it every day.

Fitted Knits: 25  Projects For The Fashionable Knitter
Fitted Knits: 25 Projects For The Fashionable Knitter
by Stefanie Japel

5.0 out of 5 stars This book could change the way you knit, 18 May 2007
I've considered books with "top down" patterns in the past but never having knit using the method before I've always been a little apprehensive of the technique. I bought this book on the basis of the beautiful front cover photo and have knit one of the sweater designs already. If the ease and speed with which I've been able to produce a finished product is anything to go by I may be tempted to switch to top down knitting in the round permanently.

The book covers a variety of designs (all for women) from a beautiful lace panelled bustier to a dress and a business suit. A couple of the sweater designs, whilst pretty and shapley are quite similar, but the purpose of this book is to encourage knitters to tailor the designs to their own body shapes and tastes. A confident knitter armed with a glossary of stitch patterns could easily make more unique items from Stefanie's simple and flattering designs.