Profile for Kris Huzarski > Reviews

Glimmer
Glimmer
Offered by EliteDigital UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Glimmer (Audio CD)
Loving "Bitter Sweet" made me try "Glimmer". It's turned out (not the 1 st time-Mary Chapin Carpenter before)) a recipe of recording in England and engaging prime producer like Hugh Padgham in this case, does not work this time-for me. Perhaps this is my age and tastes but I am disappointed anyway. I'd prefer it to have been done more Americana.

Voodoo Lounge
Voodoo Lounge

5.0 out of 5 stars remaster?, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Voodoo Lounge (Audio CD)
Encouraged by Hot Rocks and Let it Bleed remasters soundwise,I risked buying VooDoo. Well, the original version was very good soundwise but I hoped for still better. Perhaps my mid-fi equipment fails to prove it. Anyway, I'd strongly recommend this item for 1st buyers because of excellent music and nice package.

Live In New York City: The Abercrombie/ Erskine/ Mintzer/ Patitucci Band: A Concert/ Clinic [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hudson Project

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Little swing' as one of the tracks and rocking!, 12 Jan 2013
Great Abercrombie fan I am(ECM titles mainly though),bought the cd 10 years ago in a cd store on Manhattan at about midnight! Used to ECM philosophy,found this cd quite refreshing.As in the title the band not only swings but rocks as well.Although soloing is divide between Mintzer on sax and Abercrombie this is Abercrombie's old chap Erskine that is the star.As a drummer myself I can see a lot of Erskine from 'the kitchen' who does things so lightly but energetically at the same time.Rock drummers rounded by millions of drums and cymbals would need much effort and strength at the same time(notable exceptions Mitchell and Downey,the best swinging rock drummers imho).Interestingly,you have to turn the volume knob a little more than on the cd.If you don't own the cd,buy the dvd-you'll get comparable sound and superb camera work.Thoroughly recommended!

Guitar Slinger
Guitar Slinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait! No doubt about it !, 29 April 2012
This review is from: Guitar Slinger (Audio CD)
It's always nice to sometimes spin something different than my beloved 60's/70's British blues/prog and ECM jazz. By accident I heard Vince(and some notable others) in mid 90's when the CMT was available in Europe on cable tv. I've been tracing his career ever since and stopped buying his records with excellent High Lonesome Sound. The Guitar Slinger is worth the loooong wait.I am not too much fond of the Lynne-like wall of sound but the quality of songs and musicianship makes me forget about it.Also,I am happy to note that Vince does not stick to the Strat sound in extenso(Eric from Surrey,will you follow???).He knows how to and he can squeeze more juice from heavier guitars :-)

Strongly recommended not only to country fans!

Cheers !

ps Deluxe Edition? Not necessarily....