Profile for David H. Furnival > Reviews

Content by David H. Furnival

David H. Furnival "David Furnival" (Aberdeen, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Clean & Lean Warrior: Your blueprint for a strong, lean body (Clean & Lean Series)
by James Duigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Think You're Eating and Exercising Properly???, 11 Mar. 2015
Great book put together in a really useable and actionable way. Some shocking new insights about our food are exposed, I thought I had a healthy diet! But it's not doom and gloom, the 14 day programme is a really detailed way to kick start our new ways of eating and exercising.

Tyler's Pumpkin Patch
Tyler's Pumpkin Patch
by Gene Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Purple Patch, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Tyler's Pumpkin Patch (Paperback)
What a beautiful book that is a lovely story to read to children and a message of love, fabulous.

The Skinny Nutribullet Recipe Book: 80+ Delicious & Nutritious Healthy Smoothie Recipes. Burn Fat, Lose Weight and Feel Great!
by Cooknation

4.0 out of 5 stars Get out of that rut!, 11 Mar. 2015
This is a good book, well organised with lots of recipe ideas. It's too easy to fall into a rut with what we put into the Nutribullet and this helps us to break out of the rut and introduce new ideas.

The Primal Blueprint: Reprogramme your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health and boundless energy
by Mark Sisson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 10 Mar. 2015
I have only just (accidentally) discovered Paleo in the last month. I had never heard of it, probably because I zone out when I hear or read "Diet X", but this is different and Mark's approach and style is superb. Getting back to eating and moving as our Paleolithic ancestors did, and as we are evolved to do, is compelling. Modern processed food, grains and sugary drinks were not available to them and they were healthier for it. The book guides us through the mine field of the so called healthy foods that are hurting our health and backs up what he is saying with authoratative research. It's also written in a very intelligent but easy to read way that helps us digest (sorry) the message. If you are looking for an introduction to Paleo living with practical advice, look no further. Check out Mark's blog "Mark's Daily Apple" for an insight.

Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body
Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body
by Michael Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, Read it, Do it, 10 Mar. 2015
Thanks Michael for a fantastic book. This is written with such intelligence backed up by scientific research. It cocks a snoot at the industries that are there pretending to help us get in shape, no punches held. It also points at the importance of eating properly if we want to get in shape. I wrote to Michael a couple of times with detailed questions and each time I did he replied in person, that is unbelievably good service. Mike is truly on a mission to help people achieve their own fitness goals and i like that. Great book.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2015 9:12 PM GMT

Nutri Bullet
Nutri Bullet
Offered by High Street TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Peasy - Just get one, 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Nutri Bullet
What a game changer this little thing is, the health claims are impressive but it's the ease of use that makes it very special. We had been using a juicing machine for a number of years but eventually got sick of all of the faff of cleaning the thing afterwards and throwing away a kilo of "waste". Someone recommended the Nutribullet so we ordered one straight away and we have been using it every day for our breakfast. We are blown away. It takes no time at all to prepare, though veggies and some fruits like oranges must be peeled, and 30 seconds later you have an awesome smoothy. The instructions are great, giving you some ideas as how to add variety but it's cool to experiment yourself. My wife adds almond milk instead of water and it's fabulous. But here's the best bit, there's no mess, no fuss, no faff, the clean up afterwards is no more than cleaning a cup and saucer by hand - that works for me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2015 10:27 AM BST

Mountain Biking the Manual
Mountain Biking the Manual
by Chris Ball

3.0 out of 5 stars Who is this booked aimed at?, 22 Feb. 2015
I love Dirt School, I love the DVD and I love the way Chris Ball teaches so I really wanted to love this book, but I don't. My second hobby is photography and I have to say, the pictures in this book are amazing. Frankly, I'm not sure who this book is aimed at. Much is made of the pro contributions, so maybe it's aimed at aspiring pros, but the techniques discussed are aimed at beginner/intermediates, but with almost no explanation of the details. If you are a beginner/intermediate, Brian Lopes book does a much better job.

Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB Wireless SDHC Memory Card
Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB Wireless SDHC Memory Card
Offered by London In Uk

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for Raw images, 22 Feb. 2015
I bought this card wanting to upload Raw pictures from my camera to my iphone so I could quickly post to social media whilst still in the field. The first card I received was, after lots of conversations with the folks at Eye-Fi, faulty, it just didn't work. A new one was sent to me which worked fine for jpegs but did not work at all for Raw files. Again the very helpful people at Eye-Fi advised me that sometimes the raw upload to IOS devices doesn't work! I am totally confused at what activity this card is aimed at and how it should be used. It seems to me that for Raw files, the user should upload them wirelessly to their home computer - but what's the point of that, I don't need wireless once I'm home, I can just plug the card in.

I have asked the helpdesk to help me out here as I might not be understanding this properly but it has been over a week now and silence. I'll be asking for my money back.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2015 6:32 AM GMT

Unspoken: Anders Knutas series 2
Unspoken: Anders Knutas series 2

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Ending, 19 Jan. 2015
This was an enjoyable read, the characters are well developed and the human condition is explored and exposed. A multiple murder set on an idyllic Swedish holiday island was a gripping read and was let down only by, what for me was, a rushed ending. A really intricate interesting plot was unravelled in a flash.

Almost English
Almost English

3.0 out of 5 stars A Well Written but Painful Read, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Almost English (Kindle Edition)
I pressed myself to finish this book and now regret it. Whilst well written with some poignant passages, there was no one in this book to sympathise with. It was just pure angst and social ineptitude all the way to the last couple of pages where there was a quick and in satisfying close out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3