Profile for P. S. Peters > Reviews

Content by P. S. Peters

P. S. Peters "misspippi" (london)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards
Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards
by Eric Carle
Edition: Cards

2.0 out of 5 stars NO butterfly !! A strange collection of animals otherwise beautifully illustrated and with excellent quality cards., 8 Aug 2014
Eric Carle's illustrations are my favourite. They are whimsical while also being true to the form of the animal. I was bitterly disappointed that B was for Buffalo and not Butterfly. I could not believe F was for Flaminco and not Frog as illustrated on the box. There are downright weird animals there. The cards are durable and a great size and perfect for young children but as we are attempting to learn classic (basic) animals a Xolo is just way too out there. Perhaps these will come back into use when she is near to writing. But for a very young child they are not helpful for animal recognition.

Flash Cards - Animals of All Kinds
Flash Cards - Animals of All Kinds
by School Zone
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value. Nice range of basic animals, 8 Aug 2014
These have been wonderful for teaching my daughter to sign animals. We have them in a special drawer and she plays with them all day long. They are wrecked from overuse and well worth the £2 we paid.

Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
Scarface Claw (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
by Lynley Dodd

2.0 out of 5 stars No story arc. Just ends up being a description of Scarface. Disappointing., 8 Aug 2014
This cat is a god and a legend in the eyes of my 1 year old and she nearly fell off her bumbo when I bought her this book. It's very disappointing as there is no story arc. No jolly adventure. It ends up being a description of the cat. Lynley Dodd the magic of Hairy was that it followed one of the 7 classic story forms. Please write more books with this in mind.

BabyBjorn Highchair (White)
BabyBjorn Highchair (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great supported position. Easy to clean. Compact and safe, 1 July 2014
I am lazy this seemed to be the easiest to clean. And it is brilliantly easy. Going the baby led weaning route things get messy and this chair has made it a lot easier. I can drop the tray and strip off tops and trousers while she is virtually still seated.
Another great thing is the size. It's not too big and fold small. I have even been known to take it with me on holiday.
The sitting position is great. Very secure and supported.
This is the best bit of baby it I own.

OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray
OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars At first I was a little annoyed at how HUGE these things were in my freezer, 1 July 2014
At first I was a little annoyed at how HUGE these things were in my freezer. But I was delighted when they stacked so nicely with no spills. It was even better when the cubes smoothly popped out of their holes and were easy to store in a freezer bag. Great size for baby led weaning as you can add one cube or two.

Gymnic / Rody Inflatable Hopping Horse, Red, Made from soft, super strong, latex-free
Offered by jpmproductsltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
Great item.. My daughter loves it.

Skip Hop Swipes Wipes Case
Skip Hop Swipes Wipes Case

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea - flawed design., 1 July 2014
Great Idea - Flawed design
This is a great idea but the design is style over substance. The absolute magic of this design is that it hangs off your pram.
Here are the downsides.
The little red dot is my daughters favourite thing in the world to pull off which leaves me in fear of losing it all the time. Sure it's easy to click back in but this design makes it very easy to lose. .
The wipes case is made out of that type of plastic that cracks under (a little bit of ) pressure. We all drop things when we have babies. Mine was dropped, it cracked and now it just falls open.
So you are paying a lot of money for something that isn't great quality.
But I am back here buying another one because I can't find anything better. Hey skip hop.. go back to the drawing board. Make it better please.

Munchkin Corner Bath Organiser (Pink)
Munchkin Corner Bath Organiser (Pink)
Offered by BabySecurity

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size and holds well, 4 Jun 2014
Being naturally open it is very easy to load. It has NOT fallen off once (one of my concerns). It is nice when things just work as you expect them to.

Prince Lionheart Fireplace Guard
Prince Lionheart Fireplace Guard

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 4 Jun 2014
The double sided tape is not strong enough. My daughter keeps pulling it off and chewing it. . The choice of colours is great. . otherwise excellent

Spry Tooth Gel with Xylitol Original 60ml Pack of 2
Spry Tooth Gel with Xylitol Original 60ml Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars My baby loves it., 4 Jun 2014
Baby loves it.. She will brush her teeth independently for ages if I let her. If it does dribble down her chin then there is no mess as it is clear. What more can I say.. Buy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3