ARRAY(0xa4bc58dc)

Profile for Alim > Reviews

Content by Alim

Alim (Arlington, VA)

100 Fantastic Stories for 4-8 Year Olds. Perfectly Written and Illustrated for Toddlers
Price: 1.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddlers Dreamy Bedtime Stories, 14 April 2013
100 Fantastic Stories for 4-8 Year Olds contains all amazing stories for the toddlers. The stories of the most interesting animals have attraction to these curious kids, who have always questions about these and that. Stories of eye catching birds, turtle, snake, elephant, duck etc have enriched the book that will make the toddlers dreamy at their bed time.

Kindle Fire HD Guide Book. 150+ Need to Know Tips (Regularly Updated)
Kindle Fire HD Guide Book. 150+ Need to Know Tips (Regularly Updated)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a Nice to have, rather of great help, 12 April 2013
Kindle Fire HD Guidebook gives you a very detail guides on how you should be using your Kindle. I think many of the kindle owners are not aware of so details about the use of this useful device, unless he or she has read the Guidebook. The book is worth spending money for learning all the tips of Kindle use.

Memory: Simple, Easy, and Fun Ways to Improve Memory
Memory: Simple, Easy, and Fun Ways to Improve Memory
Price: 1.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Things to be known by all of us, 30 Mar 2013
This book has a very good research and projection that makes us think what our memory is, how it works, how to culture it, and so on. The most important feature is that it is a complete guide with all good techniques and tips to sharpen the memory, which is very useful in our everyday, academic, professional, and business life. The fact is memory is such an invisible posture of someone's capacity to remember. Since, most of us don't think about ways to improve our memory and sharpening it, this book is a great reminder to us.

The chapter I liked the most is the one on Repetition. The reason is, in today's learning process, it is totally neglected by most of our children. I see children's tendency to avoid repetition when learning any academic subject. I called my children and read out this chapter to them so they knew why they should repeat a reading even though they have read it once, or redo a math problem even when they've solved it before, or write an answer to a question, even though they think that they know it. So, that's the best way to remember or store information in our brain. Although many of us felt this aspect of memory, I have not seen any writing before telling us about this important practice.

As per the `factors' to enhance memory, such as diet, relaxation, lifestyle, habits, belief etc, you get extra exposure to the completeness of the book about human memory's care and use. Overall I would grade the book as A+ as the first of its type.

SPANISH. Learn the Basics
SPANISH. Learn the Basics
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Learning Spanish but Not as the Language Institute, 24 Feb 2013
Last summer when I met two of my Mexican and Colombian friends, they taught me some Spanish words. That encouraged me in learning Spanish. Meanwhile I collected 2 books including Franco Sans's Spanish Learn the Basics. I find the book is quite useful, with a methodical approach including awareness about the grammatical aspects. But, again I will caution the novices, do not be dependent on the book only for learning the language. If you have time and scope, try to visit the institute at least for a short duration.That will compliment the book's small but important limitations.