Profile for Middle Of Nowhere > Reviews

Content by Middle Of Nowhere

Middle Of Nowhere (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Finding the Still Point (Exploring Prayer)
Finding the Still Point (Exploring Prayer)
by Gerald O'Mahony

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-reading it for the third time., 13 Sept. 2009
"I am God's child & therefore not rubbish; I am God's child & therefore not God." I need to locate the mid-point, 'The Still Point', but how do I do that?
This is a book full of hope. Hope that I am not alone in feeling like I do sometimes. Hope that I can learn to manage my feelings. Hope that God just might have a purpose in it all...
It's a small, easy to read book, full of honesty & encouragement. Highly recommended. Even if you don't feel that you need it, buy it & read it & then ask God who to give it to. You might be a lifeline.

Reimagining Church: Pursuing the Dream of Organic Christianity
Reimagining Church: Pursuing the Dream of Organic Christianity
by Frank Viola

5.0 out of 5 stars A book full of challenges & hope!, 24 Feb. 2009
As I read this book, I was at the same time relieved, troubled & challenged. Bit of a rollercoaster then! I was hugely relieved to find that it isn't just me thinking that there are big issues with church as we know it, troubled as I realised that it is unlikely that I'd be able to take my whole church (whom I love) on this journey & challenged then to find a way to act on what I'd read.
I'm not an academic & the title was a bit off-putting as I thought it might be a bit heavy, but it's not at all. It was riveting. I was desperate to pick it up each time until I'd finished it. By that point I already had 3 people in the queue to read it after me. I'm actually here to order more copies.
As I read it I was reminded of a group that met in our house when I was in my teens & I thanked God that I had had the opportunity to be part of such a group. Viola describes church as it could be, church as God intended it to be & church as I know from my own experience that it can be.
I do commend it to you if you think about church, "There must be more than this."

Page: 1 | 2