Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 May 2015
This review is from: The Girl on the Train (Hardcover)
Breathtakingly brilliant

Midnight Memories
Midnight Memories
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Guilty Pleasure!, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
As a 40-something mum of two Directioners I'm well acquainted with the work of Tomlinson et al; this album has a distinctly more mature sound than the last two and the vocals are stronger. 'Story of my Life' is beautiful and the rockier edge of some of the other tracks is a definite improvement, in my opinion. Impressed that they've written a fair proportion of the songs themselves this time too. The booklet style case is an added bonus. In terms of Amazon's service, it arrived on the release date and was an early Christmas surprise for two extremely happy girls. They love it and I can see myself pinching it to play in the car on a regular basis. Well done lads :)
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2013 1:02 AM GMT

The Haunted
The Haunted
by Niki Valentine

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 6 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Haunted (Paperback)
I was so disappointed with this book! I love a good psychological thriller with a supernatural twist a la Peter James - this sounded right up my street from the blurb on the back and I really looked forward to reading it. I agree with other reviewers that the characters were thoroughly dislikeable; I also found the writing stilted and unnatural and the dialogue didn't seem to flow. I persevered with the book in the hope that it would get better but it ended with a damp fizzle rather than a bang - and by then I couldn't care less about the characters anyway. A great idea for a book that could have been really creepy and bewitching, but sadly it wasn't.