ARRAY(0xb0598cd0)

Collins Complete DIY Manual
Collins Complete DIY Manual
by Albert Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars DIY-tastic!, 3 Feb 2004
We have just bought our first house - a lovely Victorian terrace. It is structurally sound, but needs a bit of love and attention. Me and my man have absolutely no DIY skills or knowledge what so ever, so thought it best to get a book so we could learn the basics. Having read all the recommendations for this book on Amazon, I bought it and haven't been able to put it down since! This book covers the basic repairs to large structural and construction projects, plumbing, electrics, plastering, gardening as well as interior design ideas and suggestions. The information and help in this book is detailed, comprehensive and easy to follow. I am really looking forward to the weekend so I can get my tool kit out and have a go!! This book gives you the confidence to tackle jobs and projects that you might normally pay someone to do, and more importantly gives you the ability to understand the workings of your home. This is a brilliant book that I would highly recommend to novices and experts alike.

The Lost Boys [VHS]
The Lost Boys [VHS]
Offered by dyerwilliams
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite films of all time, 30 Jan 2004
This review is from: The Lost Boys [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is a truly nostalgic film. I must have watched this film 20 or so times with my friends in the late '80's / early 90's, and we still know all the words to this day. It makes me smile to think how we used to swoon over Cory Haim, and all desperately wanted to look like Star!
It is now very dated, but hasn't lost an ounce of appeal. The sound track is fab, the characters are believeable, and Michael and some of the vamps are still worth a good letch! This is a true masterpiece, and will always have a very special place in my heart.

Ali MacGraw: Yoga, Mind & Body [VHS] [1994]
Ali MacGraw: Yoga, Mind & Body [VHS] [1994]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! One to recommend!, 15 Jan 2004
I started Yoga a few months ago, and have been looking for a video to enable me to practice my moves in between classes. I looked at quite a few videos at Amazon, and this had the most recommendations so I thought I would give it a go. I'm very glad I did, as it is fantastic. It is easy to follow, some of the moves are quite challenging but not impossible, the music is not at all annoying and most of all it doesn't have the usual patronising cheesy-ness that many exercise videos have. If you are looking for a good Yoga video, look no further.

The Slipper And The Rose [VHS] [1976]
The Slipper And The Rose [VHS] [1976]
Offered by rdowns33
Price: 11.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and fuzzy film!, 19 Dec 2003
Every year at Christmas time, my friends and I make a point of cracking open a couple of bottles, getting cosy and watching 'The Slipper and the Rose'. It is a truly warm and fuzzy film, and I would recommend this to any romantic soul! The charactures are fab, and the songs will have you singing along (even if you don't know the words!) Truly magical!

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking
by Allen Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it - IT WORKS!!!, 19 Nov 2003
I bought this book as I had heard that a friend of a friend had given up just by reading this book. I thought this had to be a load of nonsense, but what harm can giving it a go do? I had tried patches, gum, cold turkey etc but had always started again. I had come to the conclusion that I couldn't give up now, as Christmas and New Year were a few months away and there was NO WAY I could avoid smoking during the festive period. I would give up in the New Year (I have been saying this every year for many years!!) I started reading and was three chapters in when I realised that I hadn’t had a cigarette for a while, I had had no cravings and that I no longer thought about smoking. The book tells you to continue smoking through out, but by the time I was half way through I knew that my smoking days were over. I have put on no weight and feel amazing. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to kick the habit once and for all, with minimal effort!