Profile for CharmaineZoe > Reviews

CharmaineZoe (Birmingham, England)

Game of Thrones - Season 1-3 [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Game of Thrones - Season 1-3 [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage

5.0 out of 5 stars Game of Thrones - Season 1-3 [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free], 4 Sep 2014
Before I bought this set I was a GoT virgin, knowing nothing about the series apart from some chatter I'd read on the internet. But what I had read got me sufficiently intrigued that when I was given a £50 Amazon voucher from the girls at work for my birthday I figured this was a good time to splurge and buy this set which ordinarily I wouldn't have! So glad I did as from the first episode I was hooked, and managed to watch all 3 series in a week - this involved hogging the big TV and banishing hubby to watch TV on his tablet on the kitchen table bless him, he was very forbearing! It took a while to get over the amount of sex, nudity and violence, and working out all the different families and who was who etc was quite tricky (there are so many characters!). Now I am completely hooked and can see what all the fuss is about!

Rango [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Rango [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Gore Verbinski

5.0 out of 5 stars Rango [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free], 4 Sep 2014
Personally I loved Rango and watch it regularly whenever I need a good laugh. However I put it on for my grandchildren and although they enjoyed the action scenes I got the impression it didn't really hold their attention, possibly a lot of the humour just went over their head, and they were just too young to appreciate it. Johnny Depp is fantastic and the character of Rango is very likeable (given he's a lizard!).

Babyliss 5737BU Ombre Hair Dryer
Babyliss 5737BU Ombre Hair Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Babyliss 5737BU Ombre Hair Dryer, 4 Sep 2014
Delighted with this hairdryer, very quick delivery with good packaging and looks wonderful, the colours are gorgeous and it's quite a bit lighter than my previous old hairdyer, so not such a strain on the wrist! Works well and is a pleasure to use, so overall very pleased.

The Wizard Of Oz 75th Anniversary 3D +2D Blu Ray [Import]
The Wizard Of Oz 75th Anniversary 3D +2D Blu Ray [Import]
Dvd ~ Victor Fleming
Offered by BluRaysAndSpecialEditions

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth adding to your collection!, 4 Sep 2014
As other reviewers have said although it comes from Finland, there is no problem with either delivery or compatabality. In fact I took a chance and ordered it based on these reviews, and I'm so glad I did. Delivery is very quick and the 3D conversion is absolutely amazing. I have both the Titanic and Jurassic Park conversions which were very good, but I'm seriously impressed with the quality on this, especially given it's age (talking of which, yes it was filmed in square format so will have black bands either side on our wide screen TV's but there you go, a small price to pay I think). I have seen it numerous times in 2D, but watching it in 3D is like seeing it with new eyes and makes it that much more enjoyable. (watch out for the Over the Rainbow scene and look at the way each stalk of the haystack has been rendered separately - amazing!).

Greenfield Collection Super 2 Person Deluxe Picnic Backpack - Mulberry Red
Greenfield Collection Super 2 Person Deluxe Picnic Backpack - Mulberry Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Greenfield Collection Super 2 Person Deluxe Picnic Backpack - Mulberry Red, 4 Sep 2014
We have now had an opportunity to use this on one of our National Trust days out, the main reason we purchased it, and are absolutely delighted with it. Yes it may seem expensive, but you get what you pay for. you get everything you need in one neat package and the quality is terrific. There is a large flask, good size mugs and glasses and nice sturdy cutlery, and even a bag to put your dirty dishes in to take home. It's a real pleasure to use and we highly recommend it.

Finding Nemo [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Finding Nemo [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Lee Unkrich

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding Nemo in 3D, 6 April 2014
This review is for anyone wondering whether it is worth getting the 3D Blu-ray version. Maybe you already have it in DVD (or even Blu-ray) and have just bought a 3D TV and wonder if it is good enough to justify the expense. Well all I can say is Yes, yes & yes again! Just watched it myself on my LG 3D TV and was blown away by the quality. To be honest I was prepared for a mediocre 3D effect given it's a post release conversion. But it's amazing, the depth is terrific and scenes like the coral reef, jellyfish swarm and in the tank are on a whole new level. Although there are no 'out of TV' front projections this does not detract from the overall enjoyment. It's been a few years since the last time I watched it in 2D and it was like watching it for the first time!

CLEAR Silicone Skin Case Cover for Sony Walkman Video NWZ-S639 NWZ-S638 NWZS638 NWZS639 (NWZ-S639F, NWZ-S639FB, NWZ-S639FR, NWZ-S639FS, NWZ-S638F, NWZ-S638FB, NWZ-S638FR, NWZ-S638FS ) S Series Video 8GB & 16GB + Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little case, 11 Dec 2008
I bought this for my new Sony NWZ-S639FR 16GB Drag & Drop MP4 Video Player with FM tuner in Red and it's a nice little case which slides easily over the player and fits snugly. Although described as clear, it's not crystal clear but slightly opaque with a somewhat rubbery feel to it - which gives good grip if you are carrying it in your hand. It comes supplied with a screen protector as well and a little ribbon wrist strap (although still havent worked out what you attach that to)and has slits in the back so you can put it on a belt. Delivery from INNOV8 GB was extremely quick, I ordered on Mon evening & had it on Wed morning so very pleased all round.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2009 5:19 PM GMT