Profile for Maggie > Reviews

Trixie Ceramic bowl cat face, 0.25 l/12 cm - Various Colours
Trixie Ceramic bowl cat face, 0.25 l/12 cm - Various Colours
Offered by Zoo Galaxie

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweetest cat bowl ever!, 26 Dec 2014
We were supplied with a cat bowl with pink ears. It is absolutely gorgeous and everyone who has seen it comments on it. Will definitely buy another.

Mens Tan Leather Wallet By Tumble & Hide . Wallet With Change Pocket
Mens Tan Leather Wallet By Tumble & Hide . Wallet With Change Pocket
Offered by Ashlie Craft

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Aug 2014
Lovely wallet of excellent quality. Very well made of soft Italian leather which was given as a gift and person was delighted. Would recommend this if you want quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2014 6:08 AM BST

Gardman 34586 Hard Base Jumbo Pop-Up Bin - Green
Gardman 34586 Hard Base Jumbo Pop-Up Bin - Green

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design., 7 Aug 2014
After the first trip to the tip the blocks holding the base on broke and are impossible to fix as they have actually split. The bin is now useless. This hard bottomed bin is such a good idea spoilt by poor fixing design. Refund given.

Lente Designs® Apple iPad mini cover / case in 'Tutti Frutti' design
Lente Designs® Apple iPad mini cover / case in 'Tutti Frutti' design
Offered by Lente Designs

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning cover, 8 May 2013
This cover looks amazing. It's design is eye catching and the cover itself is well made and was an excellent price. The Pad switches on/off when opening/closing the cover. The front cover folds to support the pad in landscape position but there is no support if you want it tilted in the upright position. I love this cover and would definitely recommend it.

Gym Mat Sc 190 X 60 X 1,5 cm Violet
Gym Mat Sc 190 X 60 X 1,5 cm Violet

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect mat for Pilates, 8 May 2013
This mat was an excellent buy. It's thickness is amazingly comfortable when doing floor exercises and it is light to carry and comes complete with an elasticated carry handle. For the price I don't think you can beat it. Great colour and perfect size too.

Lorus Women's Watch RXT54DX9
Lorus Women's Watch RXT54DX9

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect everyday watch, 26 Jan 2013
I wanted a everyday watch and this one is perfect. I love the face with Roman numerals, date & second hand. It is clear to read but I do find the date is a bit small for my eyesight! The face is the size of a 2 pence coin. The strap is shiny and very stiff but as it is leather will soften with age. Overall this lovely watch was a excellent price and I would recommend it.

Small Steps
Small Steps
by Louis Sachar

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great read - highly recommended!, 7 Jan 2007
This review is from: Small Steps (Hardcover)
As this book is the sequel to "Holes" I expected it to relate a lot more to the story. However, "Small Steps" is a completely new story involving one of the more minor characters from "Holes", meaing that it isn't at all necessary to have read that book first.

It's a great story that is very easy to read and get into and I found it hard to put down! It tells the story of Armpit, a young man attempting to put his life back together after serving a sentence at Camp Green Lake. However, his plans of taking small steps are thrown upside-down when he gets involved in ticket scalping and meets a famous and beautiful rock star...

Fantastic read for children or adults - I loved it!

Elsewhere
Elsewhere
by Gabrielle Zevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Really beautiful, 7 Jan 2007
This review is from: Elsewhere (Paperback)
I admit I was a little sceptical about this book when I first picked it up, thinking that the ideas in it would be too casual for the issues it deals with. However, this amazing book somehow manages to get across original ideas about death and "heaven" in a sensitive and yet down-to-earth way, making "Elsewhere" a very believable concept. I couldn't put the book down and finished it in a day. The end left me feeling both happy and sad when Liz is reborn and I was really touched by this story.

The Devil Wears Prada
The Devil Wears Prada
by Lauren Weisberger

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the film!, 7 Jan 2007
This review is from: The Devil Wears Prada (Paperback)
Many people I know, as well as myself, decided to buy this book after seeing the great film. However, I think the story lends itself to a film rather than a book, as it did seem to drag on for too long. It was a very easy read but wasn't at all hard to put down and at times had me thinking "Why am I reading this?" as it was very dull in parts. The book does have some funny scenarios but overall a very uninspiring read. I would recommend the film rather than the book for a few easy laughs without the monotomy.