Profile for F. Carr > Reviews

F. Carr

Bourne Womens Norma Fashion Sandals 1301037 Blue 3 UK, 36 EU
Bourne Womens Norma Fashion Sandals 1301037 Blue 3 UK, 36 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Shoes, 3 Sep 2014
Bourne shoes are always a sure bet. I take a size 36 and they are a perfect fit so easy to buy online. Too tempting in fact! These are stunning. The colour is a vibrant blue - exactly as pictured. Quality made and supremely comfortable even though they are high. Wore them all day yesterday without any problems.

Bourne Women's Una Blush Ankle Strap Heel L07759 3 UK
Bourne Women's Una Blush Ankle Strap Heel L07759 3 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Value, 21 Jun 2013
Beautifully made and wonderfully comfortable. Could wear them all day long without a problem. Heel height is perfect and they are incredible value for the price.

Bourne Women's Amanda Pewter Slingback L07753 3 UK
Bourne Women's Amanda Pewter Slingback L07753 3 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 21 Jun 2013
Fabulous shoes. Quality - as expected from Bourne - is outstanding. These are beautifully made and look even better on than in the picture. A steal for the price.

Bourne Women's Thea Open Toe
Bourne Women's Thea Open Toe

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally awed by these fab shoes, 15 Jun 2013
They are amazing. Stylish, stunning and super comfortable. Like all Bourne shoes they are extremely well made and I've worn them for hours without them pinching or hurting. Truly worth the money.

One Scream Away: Number 1 in series (Sheridan)
One Scream Away: Number 1 in series (Sheridan)
by Kate Brady

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific debut novel, 7 Oct 2010
Great read. Well constructed plot with nicely rounded characters. Good flow and a thoroughly enjoyable evening's reading. Looking forward to lots more from this author.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal
by Jacqueline Frank
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bits and bad, 14 Sep 2010
This review is from: Nocturnal (Mass Market Paperback)
While I enjoyed Jacquelyn Frank's 'The Phoenix Project' and hope that she expands this plotline and follows it up with further stories as she's left it open to do, I found the other three stories rather lacking.

Kate Douglas's 'Crystal Dreams' was readable enough although I wouldn't be going back for more. Jess Haines 'Spark of Temptation' was OK. I'd be tempted to read her debut novel from the glimpes of it alluded to in this one - if I got it at a bargain price. But, as to the Clare Willis story 'My Soul to Take', hate to say it but I couldn't get beyond the first 20 pages - and I did try. The entire premise just didn't work for me. Sorry, but to each his own.

I'm not a fan of anthologies cos you usually get one favourite author amongst a mix and are sucked into buying the book because of that. It's also a way to discover new authors, I know, but I generally find that I'm liking the one story I bought it for and that's the case here.

However, it was worth the purchase price for the Frank story alone.

Before I Wake: 1 (Justice Series)
Before I Wake: 1 (Justice Series)
by Dee Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Wait for the sequel before buying this one, 25 Aug 2010
Love all her books to date but, while this one had it all in the sense of a terrific romantic triangle and a great crime drama it never resolved anything and leaves the reader totally hanging for an ending. Great - if that was the writer's intention and there was a sequel in the offing - but given that nothing has evolved since 2006 it's stretching things a bit.

Had read the reviews on line but purchased this book anyway on trust of the author's previous works. Mistake. It really is a half baked novel and unfortunately, given the time gap, and nothing in the interim from the writer, we are not going to get the resolution to this one.

Hate to say it as a huge fan of the author but save your money and postage costs. If she continues the series then this is one to savour but I'm not holding my breath. Major bummer.

The Negotiator (The O'Malley Series #1)
The Negotiator (The O'Malley Series #1)
by Dee Henderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful series to read, 11 July 2010
Bought this first book in the O'Malley series with some trepidation. Feared it would be too 'religious'. Great story, had me hooked by the end of the first chapter and I ordered all the others in the series.

Wasn't disappointed with any of them. Each told a gripping tale and the characters were finely drawn and the plotlines incredibly detailed and well crafted. The writer sucked you into this family dynamic and made you want to read the entire series without a pause. One of those books you want to finish but don't want to have it end.

Thoroughly pleasurable read.