Profile for Imran Khan > Reviews

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 - UK layout
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 - UK layout
Offered by mopodo-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard at a great price., 15 Sep 2013
Very nice keyboard and I love the trackpad. It may be difficult to type quickly on it though but usually use it for browsing purposes. The issue I have is that the bluetooth adapter storage facility is next to where the batteries go. This means that you have to open up the case to store the adapter. It would have been nice to have a space on the side of the keyboard to store the adapter. It's only a small issue as you can just keep the adapter in your computer if you are planning to only use the keyboard with the one computer.

MY-Link 2 x USB 2.0 Dual Shock Gamepad Game Controller
MY-Link 2 x USB 2.0 Dual Shock Gamepad Game Controller

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pads, one minor issue., 15 Sep 2013
The pads are nice, as good as a PS3 pad. I managed to set it up with my MacBook with no issues. However, the problem I have with it is that the pads are attached together. This is probably a good thing for gamers who are going to play with a friend as it will free up a USB port for something else. However I usually play on my own. I thought I was getting two pads and was going to keep one as a spare. Still, not a big deal.

4 x Pack Silver/Black Metal Retractible Stylus Touch Pen for Nintendo 3DS UK
4 x Pack Silver/Black Metal Retractible Stylus Touch Pen for Nintendo 3DS UK
Offered by Digibuys

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original., 15 Sep 2013
Great stylus. Fits perfectly into the 3DS. It can also be extended so that it feels like a pen, which is very useful for drawing,writing on the 3DS. Very highly recommended.

FiiO E06 (E6 black) Portable Headphone Amplifier and FiiO L3 Line Out Dock Cable for iPod, iPhone, iPad (bundle unit FE6blk-L3)
Offered by AVShop

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for the price., 15 Sep 2013
The sound volume is boosted using this device whilst maintaining the sound quality. The L3 adapter is good but it didn't fit in my iPod nano (6th gen). However, that may have just been my nano as it fits perfectly into the iPod Classic.

Peavey Xport USB Guitar Interface
Peavey Xport USB Guitar Interface

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Apogee Jam!, 15 Sep 2013
I had an Apogee Jam before buying the Peavey. The Jam was good but unfortunately the input port was damaged after a couple of years. I decided to try the Peavey as it costs half the price of the Jam. The sound is just as good and it has a headphone and speaker port too, which, in my opinion, makes it better than the Apogee Jam.

Cowon S9 - Digital AV player - flash 16 GB - 3.3" - 480 x 272 - titanium black
Cowon S9 - Digital AV player - flash 16 GB - 3.3" - 480 x 272 - titanium black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, once you get used to it., 15 Sep 2013
This is an absolutely magnificent player and deserves 5 stars. The user interface is not good though and it does take a while to setup the sound, but once you do it will sound great.

If you're looking for a low-cost brilliant sounding music player, then buy the Cowon S9. I would recommend buying good headphones though (I have ATH-M50s but there are good cheap alternatives) to get the most out of the Cowon.

Shame
Shame
by Salman Rushdie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic novel for anyone interested in Pakistan, 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: Shame (Paperback)
This book is a well researched and brilliantly written novel which would be of interest to anyone linked to Pakistan. Rushdie has a very playful narrative style which provides some comic relief as well as keeping the story from becoming monotonous.

The novel itself is about the reasons for Pakistan's struggles; still coming to terms with post colonialism, the effects of partition, conflict of the islamic religion, hostilities between west and east Pakistan, westernised elites leading the country. All these themes are encapsulated by the extremes of shame and shamefulness.

I have heard from some reviews that the book can be enjoyed without understanding the history of Pakistan. This may well be true but I do feel that you will get the most out of this book if you have an interest in the history and politics of Pakistan.

Imran Khan: The Cricketer, The Celebrity, The Politician
Imran Khan: The Cricketer, The Celebrity, The Politician
by Christopher Sandford

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 29 Dec 2011
Having been named after Imran in 1986 (thanks to my infatuated aunt) I have always resented the man. Every time I seemed to introduce myself to people of a certain age they would inevitably bring up the famous cricketers name and ask me if I play cricket (which I didn't play nor follow).

I never really took an interest in cricket until last year when I started playing with my colleagues in a local tournament. We lost heavily in our opening match but we decided to have regular nets sessions. I seemed to have a natural aggressive ability with the bat (as I always go after the ball using my footwork). Bowling was difficult. I was receiving sound advice from my team mates regarding line and length but it just resulted in mediocre performances (we also lost the following 4 matches). The 6th match however was the turning point. The captain didn't trust me to bowl and the opposition were cruising to victory. Midway through their innings, I insisted that I bowl. There was a new surge of pace and I had an idea of tilting the seem to obtain a deviation from my usual straight delivery. To cut a long story short, I managed to get 10 wickets in 3.5 overs for 4 runs. We won the match by 2 runs. I was compared favourably to Imran Khan by the opposition.

I had caught the cricket bug. I have been googling bowling and batting techniques ever since (where I learned that I had unwittingly been using swing bowling in our first victory). I decided to learn about Pakistan's (apparent) greatest cricketer which led me to this autobiography.

I would echo the comments already made by previous posters. It's a brilliant read about a truly fascinating individual. I was very pleased with the detailed description of the nuances of the cricket styles and techniques but was surprised to learn about Imran's character and his strong morals. This is the first time that I have ever felt proud of being named after Imran Khan.